Is this really normal? - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #21
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesMAN View Post
Your negativity has just been more constant and in your face over the past week than anyone else's. Even REV, who has a major ax to grind, has at least been making some helpful comments.
Then learn to ignore it. He has just as much right to log his opinion as you do.

OP, I'll forewarn you by saying that the Ford Regional Customer Service Managers have rarely helped anyone on this forum. 9 times out of 10 they listen to the customer and schedule dealership appointments, but inevitably stop calling you back or picking up your calls when the car can't be fixed. Definitely go through the process in case it will help, but be prepared with your next steps (whatever you deem them to be).

I'd say this: Even if you don't plan on going the Lemon Law route now...at least get the appointments in so that you'd be eligible. That way, if they still can't fix it in a reasonable amount of time, you've met the requirements to file a lemon law complaint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Then learn to ignore it. He has just as much right to log his opinion as you do.

OP, I'll forewarn you by saying that the Ford Regional Customer Service Managers have rarely helped anyone on this forum. 9 times out of 10 they listen to the customer and schedule dealership appointments, but inevitably stop calling you back or picking up your calls when the car can't be fixed. Definitely go through the process in case it will help, but be prepared with your next steps (whatever you deem them to be).

I'd say this: Even if you don't plan on going the Lemon Law route now...at least get the appointments in so that you'd be eligible. That way, if they still can't fix it in a reasonable amount of time, you've met the requirements to file a lemon law complaint.
I have the same feeling with the CSM I really wish I would have just did a lot more research on this car because I would have found the dirty truth. I am going to log the visit and such and if the problem is not resolved (well I mean according to ford that sound is not a problem ) I will be going ahead with contact the BBB to start the process. I honestly have very little hope in the dealers even attempting to fix the problem because they just seem to honestly have given up the the focus in general.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #23
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
You're right... everyone should stick with 'productive' comments like "should have bought a stick" and "this is why smart people like me don't buy first-year models" and "mine is fine, I don't know what people are complaining about".
Your entitled to complaining just as I am to praising....I'm not making that stuff up

And let's all be honest, screw Ford for the transmission but I have never encountered a good dealer or manufacturer that backed their warranty work period...it's a Ford problem but on a larger scale an industry issue

Wa wa wa I made the most common car buying mistakes and risks in the book and no one with a positive experience is entitled to sharing lol.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 AM   #24
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

Points 974, Level 16
Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
OP, plenty of people here have had their clutches and seals replaced to solve the issue. The dealers can check the seals for leaks fairly quickly. Go to a dealer that has good service, not just the closest one.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #25
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
Your entitled to complaining just as I am to praising....I'm not making that stuff up

And let's all be honest, screw Ford for the transmission but I have never encountered a good dealer or manufacturer that backed their warranty work period...it's a Ford problem but on a larger scale an industry issue

Wa wa wa I made the most common car buying mistakes and risks in the book and no one with a positive experience is entitled to sharing lol.
i have. my 1990 SR5 V6 blew a head gasket at about 110k miles. Toyota had voluntarily taken out ads in major newpapers pointing out the faulty gaskets and extended the warranty to 100k miles!

my mechanic gave me the info and though i didn't meet the extended warranty limit i wrote toyota anyway. two weeks later toyota sent me a check for the entire repair (about $1800) minus the cost of the water pump.

hey we all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them and move on.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #26
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 528, Level 10
Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
Way to (incorrectly) paraphrase me. I should point out that I've never suggested that people with positive experiences should just shut up.

I will say, however, that you can keep smug smart-ass comments like "should have bought a stick" to yourself.

Also, I didn't realize that having a dealership work on your car was a 'common mistake'. I know that now! LOL
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 AM   #27
YesMAN
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102901
What I Drive: '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 YesMAN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
OP, plenty of people here have had their clutches and seals replaced to solve the issue. The dealers can check the seals for leaks fairly quickly. Go to a dealer that has good service, not just the closest one.
Finally a constructive post!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #28
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,103, Level 34
Points: 3,103, Level: 34 Points: 3,103, Level: 34 Points: 3,103, Level: 34
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow12 View Post
I PMed the Ford Customer Service person who has arranged for me to receive a call...
snow12,

I’m confident they’ll do everything they can to help get it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejordan View Post
I like seeing good advice like this, thejordan; thanks.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #29
thejordan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107706
What I Drive: 2013 SGM Focus 5 Speed

Points 974, Level 16
Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16 Points: 974, Level: 16
Level Up 74% Completed
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 4 thejordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesMAN View Post
Finally a constructive post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post

I like seeing good advice like this, thejordan; thanks.

Cory
np. and afaik all work for those individuals was done under warranty. this is because the dealer and customer were both on the same page and willing to work together. the better dealers seem to be relatively aware of these instances. it's just a matter of if the transmission tech is working that day or not.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #30
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Way to (incorrectly) paraphrase me. I should point out that I've never suggested that people with positive experiences should just shut up.

I will say, however, that you can keep smug smart-ass comments like "should have bought a stick" to yourself.

Also, I didn't realize that having a dealership work on your car was a 'common mistake'. I know that now! LOL
It wasn't a smug comment much as it was a valid opinion and words of advice for the future coming from someone who has had this experience several times and found a great way to avoid it. Your sarcastic comment bashing people's positive experiences was far less productive to this conversation than mine so stop trying to continue to shut out differing opinions than yours and leave the smartass sarcasm for someone who gives a shizz

And yes dealerships are called stealerships for a good reason. It is wise to make buying decisions that will minimize the risk of dealing with them, such as those offered in the "smug" comments your trying to snuff out

Bookmarks & Social Networks