To all the Ti to ST converters... - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #31
BlueIce
Focus Addict
 
BlueIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93794
Location: Akron / Cleveland, OH
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Posts: 713
FF Reputation: 1 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTite View Post
We kept our Ti, as we were originally looking for a new car for my wife to replace her Expedition. We were going to buy a CMAX. However, when I took the Ti in for a "free" oil change offer from Ford, I test drove the ST and I realized how much I missed my Mustang I sold last year. I bought the ST2 which was also thousands cheaper than the CMAX (reasoning to wife), I'm loving the power and 6spd, and now with the Cobb tune even more. I do miss the auto dim mirror, back up sensors, ambient lighting, homelink visor and heated seats the Ti has.

The Seats were def a concern, I'm 6'1 220, they have either loosened up some or I have just got used to them but they are not a deal breaker. I do think they should have made the sides adjustable and the car would appeal to a wider demographic.
Adjustable seats and an automatic tranny. Driving a manual for me is a no go. I've done it a few times in rush hour, but won't do it again. After playing soccer and baseball all year round for 20 years my knees have already about had it.
__________________
The story behind my avatar:

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
BlueIce is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #32
Superd
Focus Enthusiast
 
Superd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87917
Location: Aurora, Ontario, Canada
What I Drive: '12 candy red titanium hatch

Posts: 232
FF Reputation: 1 Superd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What is the recomended fuel for an st here in north america?
Superd is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #33
jsr72
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 97393
Location: n/a, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE

Posts: 246
FF Reputation: 4 jsr72 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Suspension - Rear Control blade rear suspension derived from Focus RS.
Basically fancy marketing-speak for both cars use a cast rear knuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
235/40R18 Goodyear Eagle
- Wheel Type Alloy
- Wheel size 8.5x18in
- Tyre size
235/40R18 Goodyear Eagle AS2
The ST wheel is actually 8.0x18in

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
lower the chassis by 10mm
I park next to an ST everyday. I'm not really noticing a difference in the ride height.
jsr72 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #34
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic
 
GhiaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Fan#: 50498
Location: Tallinn Estonia
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Posts: 1,591
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr72 View Post
Basically fancy marketing-speak for both cars use a cast rear knuckle..
This is fancy marketing-speak


How good the driving dynamics of the RS and ST is reality. I'd assume the Ford engineers have their reason why they did what they did.
GhiaFan is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #35
F35-JSF
Focus Addict
 
F35-JSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 102775
Location: Cincinnati, OH
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

Posts: 594
FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
This is fancy marketing-speak


How good the driving dynamics of the RS and ST is reality. I'd assume the Ford engineers have their reason why they did what they did.
U


Ford's marketing skin and bikinis??? I see nothing else in that picture.0
__________________
TB is not a color, it's a part time job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoncefA33 View Post
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
F35-JSF is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
chaz493
Focus Enthusiast
 
chaz493's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Fan#: 12862
Location: Overland park, KS
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST2

Posts: 301
FF Reputation: 2 chaz493 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
In my opinion if you look at what the ST has and dont understand the benefit, then you just dont get it. Drive a Ti, and then an ST, and you WILL see where the money went. Nothing wrong with an SEL or a Ti, but to me the ST is far far above both of them. Just the feeling of the thrust, the sound when the boost kicks in, the Handling, the Seats (I'm 6'4" 250lbs and i love them). Its just in another class to me. But i own one and am smitten, so maybe im biased who knows.
__________________
Previous:2001 White Focus SE sport lots of mods- SOLD
Previous :2005 Blue Saleen focus #31- TRADED
Current :2013 Performance blue Focus ST2
chaz493 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #37
erogers10287
Focus Enthusiast
 
erogers10287's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Fan#: 101431
Location: East Greenbush, NY
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

Posts: 50
FF Reputation: 2 erogers10287 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTite View Post
We kept our Ti, as we were originally looking for a new car for my wife to replace her Expedition. We were going to buy a CMAX. However, when I took the Ti in for a "free" oil change offer from Ford, I test drove the ST and I realized how much I missed my Mustang I sold last year. I bought the ST2 which was also thousands cheaper than the CMAX (reasoning to wife), I'm loving the power and 6spd, and now with the Cobb tune even more. I do miss the auto dim mirror, back up sensors, ambient lighting, homelink visor and heated seats the Ti has.

The Seats were def a concern, I'm 6'1 220, they have either loosened up some or I have just got used to them but they are not a deal breaker. I do think they should have made the sides adjustable and the car would appeal to a wider demographic.
I was seriously considering the Cobb tune to mine too. What are your thoughts on that?
erogers10287 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #38
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast
 
WhiteTite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 100660
Location: Ventura, CA
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST2. '12 Focus Ti

Posts: 155
FF Reputation: 2 WhiteTite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erogers10287 View Post
I was seriously considering the Cobb tune to mine too. What are your thoughts on that?
It's def worth it, any throttle lag is gone it just plain hauls ass now. Send me a PM if you have any questions. I bought mine off ebay, received it the next day and saved about $50 buying direct.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321050089375...84.m1423.l2649
WhiteTite is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #39
cbdallas
Focus Addict
 
cbdallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Fan#: 100296
Location: Wylie, TX
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

Posts: 800
FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz493 View Post
In my opinion if you look at what the ST has and dont understand the benefit, then you just dont get it. Drive a Ti, and then an ST, and you WILL see where the money went. Nothing wrong with an SEL or a Ti, but to me the ST is far far above both of them. Just the feeling of the thrust, the sound when the boost kicks in, the Handling, the Seats (I'm 6'4" 250lbs and i love them). Its just in another class to me. But i own one and am smitten, so maybe im biased who knows.
You're not wrong . While a lot of things look familiar the driving experience is very different. Steering, brakes engine,... everything is just more "alive".
cbdallas is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 AM   #40
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic
 
RonMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99230
Location: Littleton, CO
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Posts: 4,070
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Plus the ST has been called the best handling front wheel drive car to date;I haven't heard that comment applied to any FWDer since the last Integra Type Rs,that's good company to be in.
__________________
'12 Focus Red Candy SE Sport 5 spd
'99 Toyota 4Runner Sport
'11 Subaru WRX STI Hatch
RonMaiden is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.