2013 Focus Titanium. NAV or Not - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
The integration is great, in that it works with any audio source (spoken directions, as opposed to having to have BT audio active) and the directions appear on-screen.

That said, the voice commands are absolutely dreadful in terms of being quick to enter most anything. For example...

MFT

Me: "Destination Intersection"

MFT: "First Street"

Me: "3rd Avenue"

MFT: "Please Choose"
[list of W 3rd Ave, E 3rd Ave, 3rd Ave without a direction, etc. appear on screen]

Me: "W 3rd Avenue" (and that's assuming I know which one it is - usually, I don't)

MFT: "Second Street"

Me: "High Street"

MFT: "Please Choose"
[list of N High St, S High St, High St without a direction, etc. appear on screen]

Me: "N High Street"

MFT: "When Ready, Press Set As Destination..."

^ Remember that this is the best-case scenario!

If that doesn't make you want to drive the car into the wall, I don't know what will. Contrast that with...

Google Maps

Me: "Map of 3rd Avenue and High Street, Columbus, Ohio."

^ That's it. And it finds it. The end.

I've resorted to using Google Maps on my phone, coupled with this app, to send complicated directions to the car via Sync Services. It's not a perfect solution, but it's faster than fighting with the system.

What mft are you using lol....

Me- navigation, destination

Ho- how would...(cut off by my button press)

Me- street address

Ho- please say the...(cut off)

Me-1234 easily spoken lane, Atlanta

Ho- when ready, say set as destination

Me- set

DONE

finding a gas station nearby:

Me- poi

Ho- where would...(cut off)

Me- nearby

Ho- name

Me- shell

Ho- please choose

Me- 3, set as destination

DONE

In the un common event there are multiple destinations found or multiple pois, it lists them on the screen with numbers to choose from. You can even skip choosing one it saying set by just pressing it with your finger, which also btw works fine with gloves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #32
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
What mft are you using lol....

[sic]

In the un common event there are multiple destinations found or multiple pois, it lists them on the screen with numbers to choose from. You can even skip choosing one it saying set by just pressing it with your finger, which also btw works fine with gloves
I've had this issue with v3.0.2 and v3.2.2, not enough experience with v3.5.1 yet to see if they've fixed it.

As noted above, when I use POIs, it does not load the list - the screen goes blank and I am not able to pick from the list, since there's nothing displayed to pick from!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #33
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
I would recommend it.

The factory navigation is not cheap and it may not be the best nav system in the world but having it integrated to MyFord Touch (and the car itself) makes it very nice indeed.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I would recommend it.

The factory navigation is not cheap and it may not be the best nav system in the world but having it integrated to MyFord Touch (and the car itself) makes it very nice indeed.
Yup, I agree. I still recommend it (as noted in my OP) but I also wanted to be clear that it's not as fluid as you may expect, coming from something like Google Maps on your phone.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 01-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
garate55
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108903
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 garate55 Good Standing Member
All great points and now my problem is the dealer doesn't seem to have a Blue Ti with NAV. They have 2 of them this way, you would think somebody would have ordered with and without NAV that way we could choose.
The only fully loaded Ti's are 2 gray and 1 black and I wanted something with color... Just me being picky. So I might be stuck with a gray car cause I hate black, had a black Audi A6, it was a PITA to keep clean.

But I was sold on the resale point(NAV is an $800 option that is worth resale if that is a deciding factor) and the integration even though I rarely run low on fuel. Plus my Samsung Galaxy S3 seems to get great GPS reception, if it doesn't, reboot the phone(doesn't take long).

MSRP on this car is $26,880 but with the Evergreen Ford $3000 off and the other $2500 in rebates I get, it's roughly $23,500 OTD without cash down.
I HAD a 2000 Honda CR-V to trade but with 223,600 miles they will only give me $2000 TIV. I am keeping my Honda to sell privately
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #36
Titanium Tony
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98460
What I Drive: 2012, Wht Platinum,Ti Hatch,hdg pkg

FF Reputation: 4 Titanium Tony Good Standing Member
You obviously paid extra for the Titanium over the other trim levels cause of the added bells and whistles, why stop at the navigation option? With that nice 8" touch screen in the middle of the dash, navi should have been standard equipment.

btw: My Ti have the nav
Old 01-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #37
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garate55 View Post
All great points and now my problem is the dealer doesn't seem to have a Blue Ti with NAV. They have 2 of them this way, you would think somebody would have ordered with and without NAV that way we could choose.
The only fully loaded Ti's are 2 gray and 1 black and I wanted something with color... Just me being picky. So I might be stuck with a gray car cause I hate black, had a black Audi A6, it was a PITA to keep clean.

But I was sold on the resale point(NAV is an $800 option that is worth resale if that is a deciding factor) and the integration even though I rarely run low on fuel. Plus my Samsung Galaxy S3 seems to get great GPS reception, if it doesn't, reboot the phone(doesn't take long).

MSRP on this car is $26,880 but with the Evergreen Ford $3000 off and the other $2500 in rebates I get, it's roughly $23,500 OTD without cash down.
I HAD a 2000 Honda CR-V to trade but with 223,600 miles they will only give me $2000 TIV. I am keeping my Honda to sell privately
I love tuxedo black on this car. Really sparkles in the sun.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
Johnny Sticceno
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108460
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Johnny Sticceno Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garate55 View Post
Can you get your dealer to make a trade with another dealership somewhere in the area? That's what mine offered... when they still didn't have the colour I wanted with the accessories I wanted, I ended up doing a factory order. If you have the time (it's going to take about a month and a half from the day I signed to the day I get it) you could do an order. I didn't want to spend 25 grand on a car and not be 100% happy with everything.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #39
garate55
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108903
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 garate55 Good Standing Member
So I now have Performance Blue Focus with no NAV. I tried to have the dealer look for a blue one with NAV, no luck, they had the biggest inventory of Focuses in the area. I am happy with the car. I was only looking forward to the NAV for re-sale value.

I am happy with my decision and maybe Ford will come out with a VIN based hack to add NAV if people want to upgrade. All it will take is a flash of the system to add the firmware so that NAV can be activated.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #40
EMAGG7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106665
What I Drive: 2013 focus titanium perform blue

FF Reputation: 1 EMAGG7 Good Standing Member
I have the same car with a manual 2013 performance blue with handling package and I wanted nav the payment is not much of a differance and I have had no issues with mine and have used it like 4 times. I did not want to have wires hanging all over the place from my garmin. O yeah and its much harder to steal when its part of the car lol .

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->