St!!! - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #61
erogers10287
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101431
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 2 erogers10287 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post

So is this guy to busy Hoonin' to let us know how much he's liking the car?!?! I'd love to own one of these
Haha. I picked the car up yesterday and I LOVE IT! I love the Ti too but it makes that car seem like trash compared to this! It handles on rails and the power is AMAZING but holy torque steer! Its about 3 degrees here in upstate NY today so when the tires are cold they are really slick and you have to be really east on the throttle or it just spins. But everything about the car I love. The one thing I miss is the back up camera. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have that as an option on the ST. But I'm VERY happy I made the switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #62
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erogers10287 View Post
I don't understand how you are putting these number together in your head. I work in finance (loan manager at a credit union) and I would never make a deal that would cost me that much money. The dealership PAID my loan for the Ti IN FULL. About $21k. I didnt roll a penny over to the new loan. The sticker price on the ST was $29,825. They took $1000 off the MSRP (which they said no dealer is giving any off the MSRP of ST's because they are selling for sticker). Where did I lose money??
Some one generally had to lose money for that to work. Per Edmunds the dealer trade in value for a 2012 Focus Titanium hatch is around 15-16k generally, maybe 18k tops in NY where there were fewer cars sold depending on where you are in the country for a fully loaded car. No dealer in their right mind would pay 21,000 for a car that could only sell for 21-22k assuming there was no need to clean it up or repair it. The black book auction values are even lower than this although I don't have access to those values off hand. That is unless they rolled funds over, which you say they did not.

The lowest price for a loaded ST3 comes from Ford themselves and their employee/ retiree pricing plan (A/Z plan) maybe some dealers won't sell them on this plan, but they are not explicitly excluded unlike the SVT Mustang and Raptor.

People have complained extremely profusely about the drop in value when they try to rush to trade the car in shortly after buying it, which begs the question at that point as to why they would trade the car.

If you've run the numbers and it seems ok then fine, but trust me it doesn't work that way for most people.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #63
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
So is this guy to busy Hoonin' to let us know how much he's liking the car?!?!
I think it is very unusual for anyone not to love their new car, regardless of what it is.

Many disgruntled owners on this site were probably very happy on the day that they picked their car up.

I normally ask an owner how they like they car only after they have lived with it for some time.

Many marriages start out happy and end in divorce.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #64
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
The dealership PAID my loan for the Ti IN FULL. About $21k.
If you don't mind, what was the MSRP and mileage of your Ti?

I'm curious as to why the dealer gave you such a (seemingly) high trade-in value.
I haven't heard of anyone getting a trade-in offer for a Ti that was even close.

I assume that any dealer will try to sell a car for more than they paid for it.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #65
Kevastator
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104674
What I Drive: 01 F150. For now.

FF Reputation: 2 Kevastator Good Standing Member
Ahahahah this makes me ^
[Rally Revolution #7]
ASPECT Motorsports
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #66
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Haha. I picked the car up yesterday and I LOVE IT! I love the Ti too but it makes that car seem like trash compared to this!
???

I'm surprised to hear that considering that both cars share the same structure and are built in the same factory using many of the same parts.

I would think that under most driving conditions, a Ti and ST wouldn't be so different.

Did you have problems with the Ti?
Old 01-24-2013, 12:58 AM   #67
Edgar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89037
What I Drive: 2006 F-150

FF Reputation: 2 Edgar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
???

I'm surprised to hear that considering that both cars share the same structure and are built in the same factory using many of the same parts.

I would think that under most driving conditions, a Ti and ST wouldn't be so different.

He probably doesn't mean it's a crap car. But it's gotta be a big difference going from a fuel efficient engineered car to the sporty version with moar power, tighter suspension, and bigger brakes.
SoCal Crew #7
DUB Edition 2012 Focus Hatch *SOLD*
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #68
erogers10287
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
If you don't mind, what was the MSRP and mileage of your Ti?

I'm curious as to why the dealer gave you such a (seemingly) high trade-in value.
I haven't heard of anyone getting a trade-in offer for a Ti that was even close.

I assume that any dealer will try to sell a car for more than they paid for it.
The MSRP when I bought it was $27,8--. It had just under 14kmi when I traded it in.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:24 AM   #69
erogers10287
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
???

The ST feels much more solid. I live on a back road that is still made out of cobbletone and you can really notice the difference going over bumps in the road. The suspension seems tighter, not as many rattles. The only problem I had with the Ti was the infamous front suspension noise. This car (so far) doesnt have it. The suspension definately is stiffer in the ST, but I like it. But they really do not feel like the same car.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #70
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Sweet car aside, this seems like the perfect place to post this again...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6

Bookmarks & Social Networks