2013 Focus Titanium. NAV or Not - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
HatsuneMiku
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105511
What I Drive: 1996 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 HatsuneMiku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Google maps is way better unless you're in a place with no reception. Then it doesn't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
AfternoonShift
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107660
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Hatch Ti Manual

FF Reputation: 1 AfternoonShift Good Standing Member
i'm looking at getting the '13 Hatch w/ Nav as well. I have to double check on price tho, but OTD i believe the sales guys said it was $27k ...that includes all options besides handling package and the upgraded fee for the white paint. Price is with the XPLAN and $1k incentives. Seems like i should be able to get a better deal if you guys are getting that same price w/out the xplan?
Old 01-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #13
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
I got my performance blue 2013 Titanium without the NAV for about 22k after my xplan discount.

My logic is that I have an Iphone that has real time up to date traffic information. I also prefer using Waze because it tells me where the cops are and saves me from having to buy an expensive radar detector.

I did test drive a Titanium with the NAV and it didn't seem as cool as my Iphone is. Also if you don't get the NAV package you can still get turn by turn direction using Sync Services. I find that it works pretty decent if you stick to it's actual route and don't make any deviation (like for traffic).
Old 01-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
danno428cj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 38992
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium 4dr. Silver

FF Reputation: 1 danno428cj Good Standing Member
The nav in the 12 Focus is pretty good. It's all about the little things.

I was driving around with the nav screen up but no route set. My fuel light came on, so the nav system started marking gas stations on the map near my location.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #15
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
I got my performance blue 2013 Titanium without the NAV for about 22k after my xplan discount.

My logic is that I have an Iphone that has real time up to date traffic information. I also prefer using Waze because it tells me where the cops are and saves me from having to buy an expensive radar detector.

I did test drive a Titanium with the NAV and it didn't seem as cool as my Iphone is. Also if you don't get the NAV package you can still get turn by turn direction using Sync Services. I find that it works pretty decent if you stick to it's actual route and don't make any deviation (like for traffic).
What do you mean you get turn-by-turn without the nav package? Are you referring to say using your iphone and having SIRI's voice play through the car speakers?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
84Camaro_L69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105844
What I Drive: 2012 Diamond Tri Coat White SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 84Camaro_L69 Good Standing Member
I have the large screen without Nav and a smartphone. The Sync turn-by-turn directions provides an arrow and distance to the next turn on the center display and on the large screen. With the smartphone Sync app you can get directions sent to the car, but you can only use it while the car is not moving (GPS in the phone with the app on locks your phone until you stop).

On Mapquest you can send a destination point to the car through your smartphone and that works well also. It's up to your personal preference. Sometimes I wish I had a map on the screen to see the roads around me, but then again it would probably be a bigger distraction. I don't see a wrong choice.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #17
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,451, Level 65
Points: 9,451, Level: 65 Points: 9,451, Level: 65 Points: 9,451, Level: 65
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 29%
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%
FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nseah View Post
What do you mean you get turn-by-turn without the nav package? Are you referring to say using your iphone and having SIRI's voice play through the car speakers?
No it means that by using the sync destinations application or just calling into sync services you can have sync services generate turn by turn directions which will then download through your phone's voice connection and replay through the route as long as you don't deviate from it.

If you deviate it then requires you to call back into sync services to re-calculate the route.

Its not as fast as a dedicated GPS solution, but it was included for free for the three year trial period of sync services.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Camaro_L69 View Post
I have the large screen without Nav and a smartphone. The Sync turn-by-turn directions provides an arrow and distance to the next turn on the center display and on the large screen. With the smartphone Sync app you can get directions sent to the car, but you can only use it while the car is not moving (GPS in the phone with the app on locks your phone until you stop).

On Mapquest you can send a destination point to the car through your smartphone and that works well also. It's up to your personal preference. Sometimes I wish I had a map on the screen to see the roads around me, but then again it would probably be a bigger distraction. I don't see a wrong choice.
I dont think Canada get's this app. Ill try with the mapquest and see how that works out. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #19
Flybigrc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103155
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 Flybigrc Good Standing Member
I have a 13 Focus ST and I really like the NAV. It works great. I have an Iphone so its not like I needed it but its still nice to have.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #20
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

Points 366, Level 7
Points: 366, Level: 7 Points: 366, Level: 7 Points: 366, Level: 7
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmobile View Post
I did not get the NAV and honestly do not miss it! I have a TomTom but have not used that much.

I do use allot of the Turn-By-Turn directions via Sync. Works great! I have the Sync Destinations app on iPhone with all my saved points. If I need to use them or something new, I shoot it over to Sync from the phone. Than once in the car I go to Sync services and it downloads the directions to the car.

The only down side is if you go off the down loaded route. It will than ask you if you want to update the route and then go through the down load process again. Obviously not as fast as my TomTom if I change my route.
That's one of the reasons I've never used it. I. Can use the navigation on my phone and connect via Bluetooth and get the same turn by turn instructions with out having to worry about logging into sync and downloading the route or having to redownloading if I go off the planned route.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.

Bookmarks & Social Networks