2013 Focus Titanium. NAV or Not - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
garate55
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108903
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 garate55 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Focus Titanium. NAV or Not

I'm going in tomorrow to pick up a Performance Blue '13 Titanium and wondering if I should upgrade to the Sync NAV. I am already getting all options except NAV.... Just wondering if anyone with a smart phone recommends just using the phone or is the navigation system "in the way" of the Sync MFT system?

BTW also wanted to know what others are paying for 2013 Titaniums, I am picking mine up for 23,000.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Johnny Sticceno
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108460
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Johnny Sticceno Good Standing Member
I went with nav and fully loaded (including the handling package and the extra $300 for the "special" paint) minus the park assist. I went with nav because I don't have data on my phone and I thought it could come in handy to have it.

I paid $25,500 all in for mine (Canadian)

Edit: Sticker was $31,000 or so

Last edited by Johnny Sticceno; 01-24-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
F35-JSF
Focus Addict

Fan#: 102775
What I Drive: 12' Tuxedo Black SE, 08' ZZR-600

FF Reputation: 2 F35-JSF Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garate55 View Post
I'm going in tomorrow to pick up a Performance Blue '13 Titanium and wondering if I should upgrade to the Sync NAV. I am already getting all options except NAV.... Just wondering if anyone with a smart phone recommends just using the phone or is the navigation system "in the way" of the Sync MFT system?

BTW also wanted to know what others are paying for 2013 Titaniums, I am picking mine up for 23,000.
My parents have Nav on their escape and it works really nice, I love that you can look up fuel stations and get up to date prices.
:lol:Modding is whatever you define it as. Some people wanna boost, some people need 10 TVs, and some of these homos feel compelled to LED their cars front to back.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #4
TehMark
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87530
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 TehMark Good Standing Member
NAV runs like crap on these. Use your phone. paid 23 for my 12 in august 2011. sounds about right
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #5
garate55
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 108903
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 garate55 Good Standing Member
I have data on my phone and I think I just answered my own question, I use Waze which is a social navigation app that uses other users speed and input to re-route around "slow" areas of your commute.

Can you download apps onto the Sync system? Since it's Microsoft and all...

I just checked Google currency and 25,500 Canadian is 25,492.35 in U.S. dollars. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #6
bassmobile
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95742
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 2 bassmobile Good Standing Member
I did not get the NAV and honestly do not miss it! I have a TomTom but have not used that much.

I do use allot of the Turn-By-Turn directions via Sync. Works great! I have the Sync Destinations app on iPhone with all my saved points. If I need to use them or something new, I shoot it over to Sync from the phone. Than once in the car I go to Sync services and it downloads the directions to the car.

The only down side is if you go off the down loaded route. It will than ask you if you want to update the route and then go through the down load process again. Obviously not as fast as my TomTom if I change my route.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I got the Nav. Love it. Wouldn't have it any other way.
<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
Twitchboy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95777
What I Drive: 2012 metallic gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Twitchboy Good Standing Member
I have a 12' Titanium with every single option available, I paid about $27,600 out the door with tax, registration, AND an extended warranty. The car was stickered at over $28,000. I got the car in Feb 2012, have logged 21,000 miles on her already, and Ford has recalled my car to update the sync system twice, with the last one being a few weeks ago. With all the recent updates it has worked great with pretty much no problems since the last update. The only downside before the update was that the NAV would freeze up and basically be useless. I live in SoCAL and do a lot of driving to areas I have never been to before, drive to Vegas and stuff a lot as well so the NAV is absolutely awesome as long as it doesn't freeze up on you. And its just nice and convenient when everything is integrated into the car, like a well oiled machine. However if $$$ is an issue and you do have a smart phone you can always look up the address which I do when the NAV freezes up but I would prefer to use the NAV over my phone any day because there is an illuminated screen in the dash giving you turn by turn directions so you never have to look at your phone. I CAN look at my phone but i would prefer not to. Theres my schpeeel hope it helps you make the right choice.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
GET IT.

Why? It Is EXCELLENT

Had a focus without and its f,uking annoying to use the phone or hang a stupid GPS from the windshield

I have used it extensively and i use voice commands on it...it registers the addresses PERFECTLY by voice works better than even Siri and it had only crashed once which i just restarted it

Excellent clear views, plenty of POIs, even shows gas prices, did i mention how accurate the voice commands lock on destinations? Do you understand how sweet it is to speak a destination?

PLUS why get a nice big screen like that if it doesn't even have navigation? I have a brand new 13 and don't listen to all these 12 owners, the latest version which you will get works great no offense to them
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #10
Touring05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96695
What I Drive: 2012 ISM SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 2 Touring05 Good Standing Member
I say don't get it. I use Waze as well and I prefer it over my Garmin. I use a mountek nGroove CD slot mount to hold my phone whenever I need to use the GPS and it does the job fine. Use the extra money for mods!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->