My zx3's exhaust makes me sound turbo'd! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #11
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglethese View Post
im probably looking at a 2 year build because im in collage now, but after the headers and intake(bought the car 3 months ago) ill be going to toronto to get the dyno tune for the summer, which should at least bring me up to 170-180 crank horse power running 91 octane. and knowing that the valves and rockers are only good to 180hp before having problems. i will be replacing them and throwing in a stage 2 cam. the car will be compleatly gutted this spring, except for the 2 front seats. possibly throwing in a cheaper set of racing seats. Ive been looking at obx headers as my next buy. Anyone have them on there car or another brand thats in the 200-300$ range. This is a 2007 ford focus btw with sap package 120,000km on it
You should do a little more research before throwing all of these ideas out there.... Its almost like you want people to be impressed at you knowing what your talking about... but you are mostly incorrect lol not being a jerk here. Just trying to help you out so you don't start off with a bad rep as that kid....

Stock you have 136HP Max and that is with Ford's rating. With H/I/T/E your prob looking at about 165ish at best. Again not trying to crush your dreams here or be a jerk. Just trying to help you not sound uneducated on the matter. In order for your focus to do 0-60 in 6 seconds it will take turbo and then some....
Galatians 6:14
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
AllCarFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102583
What I Drive: 2005 Saleen Sonic Blue S121

FF Reputation: 1 AllCarFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
30whp from a tune and a header?!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #13
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCarFan View Post
30whp from a tune and a header?!
I figure 15whp at the absolute most for the tune and the header.
Galatians 6:14

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.