finally starting my journey to 450whp - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #51
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 10722
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey zx3

FF Reputation: 16 focuzed1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Driving is 90% of the battle. I used to be able to out run cobra mustangs to 90mph when i was na.. Just due to better driving skills than most. But with good driving. 350whp/wtq will take out vettes (in stock form including z06) Porsche 911 twin turbo, viper, cobra mustangs, Skyline GTR (though that one is close.. they are damn fast for a stock car), and just about any car you will ever see. 450whp/wtq will take out sport bikes. hehehehe.. all from a roll. from a dig is a much different game. And no matter how hard we try from a dig will never be the focus strong point. At least not in fwd form.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #52
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Can't wait to be in that power threshold
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #53
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by focuzed1 View Post
Driving is 90% of the battle. I used to be able to out run cobra mustangs to 90mph when i was na.. Just due to better driving skills than most. But with good driving. 350whp/wtq will take out vettes (in stock form including z06) Porsche 911 twin turbo, viper, cobra mustangs, Skyline GTR (though that one is close.. they are damn fast for a stock car), and just about any car you will ever see. 450whp/wtq will take out sport bikes. hehehehe.. all from a roll. from a dig is a much different game. And no matter how hard we try from a dig will never be the focus strong point. At least not in fwd form.

And ripping the dog bone to shreds from a dig :)
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #54
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Its rather amusing. Usually i get the same response from all... "thats just not right.. a focus isnt suppose to move like that" hahahah. Corvette guys get mad. Most others all say that line... lol
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #55
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 34 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
here's an idea... im just being stupid at this point probably but bear with me because it could be epic. what about running 2 tanks? would it be possible in any way shape or form to run the stock tank and lines with a BAP for say 350-380hp on low boost and ALSO have a small 5 gallon fuel cell where the spare tire goes for race gas on a return system for high boost? this way you can still use the stock fuel gauge and fill from stock location. and with the flip of a switch and a minute to swap tunes with the xcal it could make some ridiculous power.

i dunno maybe im just being dumb but its a thought. i think it would be interesting. and yep i just hit the sleeping pills again in case you're wondering lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #56
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

I haven't been able to do any of that as of yet except beat some vetecs because I'm only on 10psi until I get my svt pump in and turn up to 18
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #57
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

That's acool concept to think about there^^^
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 01-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #58
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

To be completely honest. Hate to say it but if all you want is a fast car there are much better cars out there that can be done alot easier and ALOT cheaper than the focus. Even going an expensive car like my fd LS1 RX7. (which if you ever look into cars is a very expensive car to own. you could be faster for alot less.you can pick up a ls1 swapped fd for lets say 20k. Slap a cam some heads an intake and a tune your out say 4k (thats going high) and your already putting down 450whp on a 2800lb car. the say take another 5k and dump a turbo kit on it even remote mount and your at say 650whp and your still under 30k. I quit counting at $27k in parts on my focus. that doesnt include the thousands spend on tuning, or having to redo stuff, Or the labor ( i did all moy own labor) or the headache of trying to source parts or trying to fit all the stuff under the hood. Dont get me wrong i love my focus. But even a 450hp fd rx7 would destroy my focus. My fd is only putting down 362whp and 363 wtq and it will hang with a sport bike from a dig and walk a 650 in the top.
Now get something cheap like a 240 for $500 rolling chassis (and ive seen them alot cheaper). slap a ls2 with t-56 for say another $10K (full swap if you do it yourself that includes everything you need to make it easy $4500-6k for motor tranny, $1k for plug and play harness, $1k for swap kit, $2k for miscellaneous crap you might run into. And all these prices are high) bam you have a 10 sec car. that easy. start modding the ls2 and you have a 9 sec car. Or hell if you dead set against v-8 (not sure why you would be) a stock kade with a good tune and a good turbo kit will produce over 500whp all day long. build the block itll take 700whp all day long.
The point is if you just want a fast car there are cheaper easier ways to go about it. But If it has to be a focus dont expect it to be cheap and be ready to work on it for a long time to come. It took me almost 10 years to get mine to where it is. Of course at the time i built mine there was only a couple around over 350whp let alone 450whp. To be honest and im sorry if i offend anyone. If i could do it again. I wouldnt.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #59
focuzed1
Focus Fanatic

Maniac. There are systems like what your talking about that do it for you automatically. I cant remember the name of the company but they do crazy swaps of things like 1600hp rx7s and shit that is streetable. They have a 2 tank system just like what you talking about and when the car hits over a certain amount of boost it switches the tank automatically and runs the race fuel mix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmACTP69Zh0
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #60
Mother Focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73292
What I Drive: 2001 Money Pit

FF Reputation: 13 Mother Focus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focuzed1 View Post
To be completely honest. Hate to say it but if all you want is a fast car there are much better cars out there that can be done alot easier and ALOT cheaper than the focus. Even going an expensive car like my fd LS1 RX7. (which if you ever look into cars is a very expensive car to own. you could be faster for alot less.you can pick up a ls1 swapped fd for lets say 20k. Slap a cam some heads an intake and a tune your out say 4k (thats going high) and your already putting down 450whp on a 2800lb car. the say take another 5k and dump a turbo kit on it even remote mount and your at say 650whp and your still under 30k. I quit counting at $27k in parts on my focus. that doesnt include the thousands spend on tuning, or having to redo stuff, Or the labor ( i did all moy own labor) or the headache of trying to source parts or trying to fit all the stuff under the hood. Dont get me wrong i love my focus. But even a 450hp fd rx7 would destroy my focus. My fd is only putting down 362whp and 363 wtq and it will hang with a sport bike from a dig and walk a 650 in the top.
Now get something cheap like a 240 for $500 rolling chassis (and ive seen them alot cheaper). slap a ls2 with t-56 for say another $10K (full swap if you do it yourself that includes everything you need to make it easy $4500-6k for motor tranny, $1k for plug and play harness, $1k for swap kit, $2k for miscellaneous crap you might run into. And all these prices are high) bam you have a 10 sec car. that easy. start modding the ls2 and you have a 9 sec car. Or hell if you dead set against v-8 (not sure why you would be) a stock kade with a good tune and a good turbo kit will produce over 500whp all day long. build the block itll take 700whp all day long.
The point is if you just want a fast car there are cheaper easier ways to go about it. But If it has to be a focus dont expect it to be cheap and be ready to work on it for a long time to come. It took me almost 10 years to get mine to where it is. Of course at the time i built mine there was only a couple around over 350whp let alone 450whp. To be honest and im sorry if i offend anyone. If i could do it again. I wouldnt.
Could not said any better!! Exactly how I feel, you grow to love it but yeah wouldn't do it again, that said in the next couple of weeks I'll be over 450 @ 20psi, 580 @27-28psi.
Tuned by Fernando@RacingPartsSolution.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks