Are You Truly Happy With Your New Focus? - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #141
erato
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97294
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Ecoboost estate

FF Reputation: 1 erato Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
There is more than one side to this issue, you know.
Oh yes I know. This is about tooling up, quality control procedures and experience building cars with the kind of systems this one is equipped with, much more than about quality of the workforce. I think it quite obvious that implementing a pretty advanced design in a production line with experience building different kind of vehicles are bound to result in problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #142
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by erato View Post
Oh yes I know. This is about tooling up, quality control procedures and experience building cars with the kind of systems this one is equipped with, much more than about quality of the workforce. I think it quite obvious that implementing a pretty advanced design in a production line with experience building different kind of vehicles are bound to result in problems.
Agreed, and excellent point...
Old 01-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #143
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 8 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
There is more than one side to this issue, you know.

How do you know ALL of the issues are built by sloppy workers, as opposed to the American managers wanting to shave off a little more quality materials to make the higher profit margins to look better to the bean counters?

I sincerely doubt every issue in every car is due to some worker not giving a crap about doing his job. And they have to kow tow to what management dictates. "Insubordination" being the last thing a worker wants on his record right now... (or hers, I used "his" as gender-independent and "their" is grammatically incorrect when writing in a singular term...)

(And the Focus now is the same design, now used globally - as opposed to 2009 or so when the US had a totally separate design from the European division (thank the bean counters who decided to unify to "save cost" (or as much as conveniently possible))).
How do you know ALL the problems come from lower quality materials.

Saying all makes your argument useless. Sure higher quality materials could be used but that would never eliminate every issue just like a higher level of quality controle would not find every dificiency. When parts and cars are produced on this scale there will be issues. Vast majority are good. Get yours fixed to your satisfaction and move on.
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #144
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftmetal View Post
How do you know ALL the problems come from lower quality materials.

Saying all makes your argument useless. Sure higher quality materials could be used but that would never eliminate every issue just like a higher level of quality controle would not find every dificiency. When parts and cars are produced on this scale there will be issues. Vast majority are good. Get yours fixed to your satisfaction and move on.
I'm not going to disagree with that either - there could be many factors at work. It's always interesting to point out factors other than what's said.

Just like how you pointed out other factors to me in your response as well.

But it's also true that, while many individual units can have individual problems, once a commonality is found, it becomes a little more complex than just getting it fixed to one's satisfaction. I like to think there are more people in this world than just me who should be considered, which is why companies offer "recalls" and "service bulletins". It's nice that a company recognizes a widespread problem and puts out good customer service, since that - more than the upfront sale - determines repeat customers.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #145
A-to-the-J
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99555
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 A-to-the-J Good Standing Member
I'm happy with mpg. I miss my power and high aftermarket support.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #146
Deftmetal

Quote:
I'm not going to disagree with that either - there could be many factors at work. It's always interesting to point out factors other than what's said.

Just like how you pointed out other factors to me in your response as well.

But it's also true that, while many individual units can have individual problems, once a commonality is found, it becomes a little more complex than just getting it fixed to one's satisfaction. I like to think there are more people in this world than just me who should be considered, which is why companies offer "recalls" and "service bulletins". It's nice that a company recognizes a widespread problem and puts out good customer service, since that - more than the upfront sale - determines repeat customers.

All very true stuff. Sorry that post was piling on, your response wasn't up yet when I started typing my response

My cobalt was a bag example of a finished product but the service I received was great and they genuinely tried to make me happy. I'd own another gm but the service people told me that aluminum rims were the reason the wheel studs were breaking and that I was stupid for not knowing that. I won't buy from people who insult me.

It's all about how the company fixes problems because there will always be problems
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Old 01-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #147
josephd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84356
What I Drive: 2007 SE Dark Toreador Red Pearl

FF Reputation: 1 josephd Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivo View Post
maybe this was just a rental car thing, but i rented one a week ago... every time i crossed the 65 mph threshold the thing would beep a little chime and tell me to drive carefully. at 75 mph it would warn me that i was approaching top speed... so when i pinned it it topped out at 80.

i have to say, the chimes at 65 really pissed me off. other than that it was ok... the interior was quite a bit nicer than other cars in the segment for sure. but when i got back to my SVT and hit the first set of corners out of the airport... driving that rental made me love my car all the more.

sorry guys... i like the grill though.
That's top speed in a new Focus? Never mind, I am going to assume the rental place governs their cars. Gee, I wonder why?:-D
Old 01-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #148
walter williams
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104896
What I Drive: 2012 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 walter williams Good Standing Member
I bought my Focus last year with the intent of giving it to my daughter when she turns 16. One year later and my daughter just turned 16. I have decided I like the car too much. My daughter is getting my truck. I have 20k miles on it and no service issues. I have recommended the car to friends.

Sent from my HTC One X using FF Mobile
Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #149
DougC
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86547
What I Drive: The biggest mistake I've ever made.

FF Reputation: 1 DougC Good Standing Member
I am truly happy with the mpg and that's it. My Focus has sadly had issues since the day I took delivery. In 17 months and 20,300 miles it has spent 7 full weeks in the shop for various repairs. The 13 year and 170,000 mile old car that it replaced spent a total of 2 days in the shop for non regular maintenance issues.
I bought an SE with a 5spd and the basic electronics package in order to try to avoid having issues. It just didn't work out, so now I am very much looking forward to getting out of my Focus and back in a Honda. Should have never left them in them first place. Live and learn I suppose.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #150
Deftmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephd View Post
That's top speed in a new Focus? Never mind, I am going to assume the rental place governs their cars. Gee, I wonder why?:-D
When I got my focus the computer was set to only allow the car to do 130 km/h. It is a setting in the my key menu. I turned that off. I've had mine to about 180km/h I don't think I was close to maxing it. Just felt like getting away from some a55 in a crazy lifted one ton with big tires
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks