Creaking Door Hinge - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #11
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1992 View Post
Well I finally did a video of it in case anyone else was wondering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbDvdwREkag and part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i4e26GkcDE It's very strange, on extremely humid days it goes away. It's also literally coming from where the door strap is bolted to the frame and is amplified within the pillar. As you can see they already tried to quite it down with the grease there, but that was the day I took it in which we had intense dense fog and it never produce a sound that day. Taking the car back in later this month since apparently the driver's door speaker was blown somehow and that was the cause with all the rattles. O_o
a tad off topic here but do u guys find that your driver's seat squeeks? I have the power seat in leather w/ the heater... It's not the leather squeeking but the springs (i think) under.....
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #12
MC1992
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90417
What I Drive: '95 Volvo 850 Turbo/'12 Focus Sport

Points 723, Level 14
Points: 723, Level: 14 Points: 723, Level: 14 Points: 723, Level: 14
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 MC1992 Good Standing Member
So as of today I am 99.9% sure that the plate welding has gone bad on my car. I had the dealer take a look at it a month ago and they put a lot of grease on the door strap and it has not stop the creak. I am surely determined that the plate that is welded to the frame of the car where the bolt screws the door strap to is the culprit. All creaks are coming from there. I told the service adviser and he said he his willing to have the body shop to take a look at it when I have the time. Unfortunately for me I won't have time to take it in until May because of school. Hopefully it does not get any worst. This is the second time I have taken the car in to have it looked at.

cobie56; Yes I do find the seat does squeek every once a while, but it rarely happens so I'm not too concern with it as compared to this door issue.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
Touring05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96695
What I Drive: 2012 ISM SEL Hatchback

Points 242, Level 4
Points: 242, Level: 4 Points: 242, Level: 4 Points: 242, Level: 4
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Touring05 Good Standing Member
I have the same creaking sound. Brought it to the dealer and they sprayed it down with grease but it still creaks to this day. Doesn't bother me as much anymore.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Mine does this, too.

It's the sheet metal creaking and buckling. Sort of like those clickers they use to train dogs.

No amount of lube will fix this.

Letting the dealership try to fix it is almost certain to make things worse.

My advice would be to just live with it until it either goes away on its own, or goes away with the car when you trade it in.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 535, Level 10
Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10 Points: 535, Level: 10
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touring05 View Post
Doesn't bother me as much anymore.
Me neither. I have larger problems with the car now, after dealership "repairs".

It's like having a slight headache and then accidentally bashing your thumb with a hammer... you momentarily forget about the headache because your thumb hurts so much.

Troubled by that tiny creak? Let a dealership do major suspension and transmission work on your car, and your concerns about that little creak will pale in comparison to the new noises and vibrations your car will end up with.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
MC1992
Focus Enthusiast

Points 723, Level 14
Level Up 23% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
I do agree that things like suspension and transmission work are a bigger issue, but seriously a new car shouldn't do this and this creak is very ignoring sometimes for the past 6 months. It starts out as little creaks but as of now on bad days you can literally hear it 15 ft away. It's that loud. Makes me feel like I'm in that movie Grudge. It makes you think on what other things are being compromise considering this is part of the car's body. We have a 2010 Civic that we brought new and that car has never been to the shop once besides oil changes. This car has already been in the shop to have a speaker replaced but the door panel still rattles but less frequently, a tailgate realigned because it was way off from the factory, the a/c fixed because it wasn't blowing cold at all, the transmission updated which we never seemed to noticed that it did anything, and the center bezel trim around the radio replaced because some how the black paint was coming off. I don't think I've known anyone who brought a new car had this much stuff done in this short amount of time. I'm just disappointed and frustrated because I truly loved this car and did a lot of shopping around, test driving, and research when looking into a hatchback.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #17
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

Points 532, Level 10
Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1992 View Post
Well I finally did a video of it in case anyone else was wondering. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbDvdwREkag and part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i4e26GkcDE It's very strange, on extremely humid days it goes away. It's also literally coming from where the door strap is bolted to the frame and is amplified within the pillar. As you can see they already tried to quite it down with the grease there, but that was the day I took it in which we had intense dense fog and it never produce a sound that day. Taking the car back in later this month since apparently the driver's door speaker was blown somehow and that was the cause with all the rattles. O_o
GREAT video and depiction of what my car does (driver's side)....
Old 12-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
drsmith30
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 129522
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape

FF Reputation: 1 drsmith30 Good Standing Member
I have a similar issue on a 2013 Escape. I have posted a thread on the Escape forum:

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/prob...tml#post137010

Dealership unable to fix after 3 visits.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #19
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

Points 532, Level 10
Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10 Points: 532, Level: 10
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmith30 View Post
I have a similar issue on a 2013 Escape. I have posted a thread on the Escape forum:

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/prob...tml#post137010

Dealership unable to fix after 3 visits.
That is EXACTLY the sound the driver's door on my Focus makes. Great recording !
Old 12-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
MC1992
Focus Enthusiast

Points 723, Level 14
Level Up 23% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
As of yesterday, this was my 4th attempt to address this problem. Not only did I have them look into whatever was making this noise, my door check on both sides broke in the front doors. The outer layer was made of hard plastic with a metal rod running inside of it. Both broke within a month apart. This plastic snapped in half. For the creaking noise, they told me it was the torsion spring that was making the noise and they can't do much more about it. Not sure if they were even trying or not wanting to fix it at all. I'm going to bring it back tomorrow, because it's making more noise than ever and my transmission had acted up as of yesterday. Tried to make a left hand turn onto the main road and it would first feels like it was in neutral, then it would be stuck in first gear for 15 to 30 seconds as I got onto the road with the engine revving past 5 rpm. I seriously thought I was going to get t-boned or break down into oncoming traffic.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.