2000-2004 F-Sport Bumper Group Buy - Page 50 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Deals > Group Buys & Hot Deals!

Group Buys & Hot Deals! This section is the place you'll find Hot Deals and Special Vendor Discounts offered by our Vendors and Approved Group Buy Sellers.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #491
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
even after all of the work Lou did, I still don't like the way it fits.....the body line of the wheel arch is still off....looks "rounded" and less defined than the fender directly next to it.

you can kinda see what I mean here:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #492
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboyd-svt View Post
Lou can u send me the pics of the whole process you took to get yours perfect. I have waited, looking at it in my garage while evryone waxed out the apparent issues.
i don't really have like step by step pictures, in my build thread in the showroom it shows the cuts where i made em and had to use flex resin with fiberglass to make the new mold..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtinfocus View Post
even after all of the work Lou did, I still don't like the way it fits.....the body line of the wheel arch is still off....looks "rounded" and less defined than the fender directly next to it.

you can kinda see what I mean here:
yup its still not perfect.. its close but not perfect... Essentially I might just go the route of doing an actual conversion to a wide body.. maybe by the summer.. idk yet.. I kinda slowed down on it since i have other issues pop up recently.
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 12-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #493
hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouBomb View Post
yup its still not perfect.. its close but not perfect... Essentially I might just go the route of doing an actual conversion to a wide body.. maybe by the summer.. idk yet.. I kinda slowed down on it since i have other issues pop up recently.
understandable. When you're ready to go with the real widebody parts, get in touch with me ;)
Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #494
ChrisRobin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46204
What I Drive: 04 silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 4 ChrisRobin Good Standing Member
I don't think I've seen any aftermarket bumper that was perfect at the wheel arch. His is really noticeable because the car is white. I still think it looks good overall, although it's a lot of work to make it fit properly.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #495
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
That body line could also be worked over a tad in prep if you're that concerned with it. Lou; that car looks damn-fine! I am sweating profusely now after finally reading this thread after a month!

I'm also relieved Khurram posted in defense and offered an "out"... I pray I won't go that route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue5ive View Post
I figure now the flaring had to do with the part being copied. On the car the original may have lined up and possibly not flared much but off the car it probably flared which was not noticed by the overseas people who made the mold. The original f2 bumper had some issues with flaring.
My guess on the flaring issue has to do with the material's curing process. If a molded piece is left unsupported before it's fully cured it settles or flares (whatever you wanna call it; stuff moves a tad) whichever way gravity sees fit. Try using heat to bend a straw; it's all gravy until you take a hand off one side and the plastic droops as it cools... same principle. That being said: glass windows are, chemically speaking, not solid. Old windows look funny because the material "slides" down itself and makes the bottom of the window pane thicker. I don't believe Extreme Dimensions could've done much to prevent the nature of the beast, short of a Chinese-Test-Fitter figuring this out before it all went out, or bracing the fender-sides of the bumper with wood or something... which would've made the price do crazy shit!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #496
LouBomb
It was all a DREAM!

Fan#: 32545
What I Drive: A magical pony by the name of Sally

FF Reputation: 9 LouBomb Good Standing Member
thanks mile.. once we made the cuts.. it pretty much took care of everything.. still some wavyness.. but a good sand and prep fixed it.. overall... i guess now that im looking back at it.. it wasnt to bad.. i guess it was the shock that it wasnt perfect right off the bat.
Focus Revolution Club
Formely IMPORTKILLA35
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #497
Justin svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58325
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Justin svt Good Standing Member
any pics of the cuts? Is it just me or do the side vents still look out of place because of the center fin gone?
2002 silver ZX3 SVT #2318: Tom's Tune, 8.2mm Taylor Thundervolt wires, Custom ORP, Full Prothane bushing swap

"I buy things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know"
Old 01-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #498
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
I'm hoping to find those center fins from a European aftermarket company...something tells me that should work (with a proportionate amount of fiddling with that part's fitment as well)!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #499
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 9 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
You can get the fins from Europe but it is a one piece assembly. Not individual fins.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 03-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #500
Justin svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58325
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Justin svt Good Standing Member
Anyone else get this bumper mounted?
2002 silver ZX3 SVT #2318: Tom's Tune, 8.2mm Taylor Thundervolt wires, Custom ORP, Full Prothane bushing swap

"I buy things I don't need, with money I don't have, to impress people I don't know"

Bookmarks & Social Networks