SVT Header w/egr?? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > ZETEC Performance (2000-2004)

ZETEC Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
xsuicidesn0wmanx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65239
What I Drive: 2001 Black Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 xsuicidesn0wmanx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
SVT Header w/egr??

Anyone know where I might find a header for my focus that fits the svt package and also has a bung already for the egr system found on the non-svt focus?

I upgraded my focus last year to an svt exhaust, and I'm not sure getting a tune that turns the egr off will be enough to pass emissions, at least my research i've done so far has led me to believe it wont.

I know there used to be a 'kit' from ford that had this part but I'm doubtful I can find one any time soon

I only need something that will work for passing emissions in IL, I might just buy a second svt header and have a shop add the bung, but I wanted to see if there are any other options out there first.

Thanks for the incoming advice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved to "Zetec performance". Ford Racing did sell a header that had the bung on it already. The only other alternative is that you have the bung welded in yourself on your current header or another header. When you say you upgraded to the SVT exhaust do you mean you went from manifold back or flex pipe back with the exhaust?

I know that a tune would eliminate the Check Engine Light from coming on but I don't know if that would help you pass emissions or not. I have never had to go through it since I live in an area that doesn't require emissions checks.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
The kit was just a full header... their was no "kit" that you use to modify it. Their are usually some going on the fore sale section. I have had an exhaust shop do some work in one to "add" it and they did a crap job. My build thread kind of shows what I did. I am actually going to be welding it up tomorrow.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
xsuicidesn0wmanx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65239
What I Drive: 2001 Black Ford Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 xsuicidesn0wmanx Good Standing Member
I pretty much only need something to get rid of the cel and have it report as fully functional rather than N/A when the emissions jerk checks the obd system.

Guess i'll have to get another svt header and have it modified.

As for Don's question, i have svt package from header thru flex, then have that fitted to the regular zetec flex back stealth from FSW.

I plan to eventually get a tune from Tom to have the engine work properly with all the mods i've done, but I'm 95% sure i cant pass emissions testing with it so I have to delay that plan a lil bit.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #5
ah1f39
Alone in the Cave

Fan#: 70006
What I Drive: 2000 Explorer 4x4

FF Reputation: 28 ah1f39 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Some of the FRPP SVT headers came with the bung welded on already. They don't become available often. As stated you can buy a used header and have one installed.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #6
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
You could get a mil eliminator which would probably turn that CEL off. What kind of inspections do they actually do in your area? I know when my area had emissions inspections all they did was basically walk around the car looking for something wrong. They would have you pop the hood for a visual inspection sometimes. But they would also stick a mirror under the car to check for a catalytic converter. Then they would stuff a sniffer up your tail pipe, now as to how accurate that thing was could be debatable.

What's funny, is that while I was waiting in line to have my E-check done the guy in front of me started up his car and it belched out a huge cloud of black smoke lol. Surprisingly enough, he passed the emissions check and drove off without any problems. That's why I have high doubts as to how well these E-check stations are.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #7
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
unless your state laws differ, they just plug in their scanner and check for the readiness status of each pid.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
It can depend. They can look closer at the report if they think so.etching may be up and will see N/A instead of ready. And if they are half knowledgeable should know if something is up. But most cases they have to be actively looking to fail you, which does happen.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
joynanbaby
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108736
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 joynanbaby Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah.have svt package from header thru flex, then have that fitted to the regular zetec flex back stealth from FSW.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #10
gondorian
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105695
What I Drive: 2002 wgn (Selling) 2004 2.3 wgn 5sp

FF Reputation: 7 gondorian Good Standing Member
I'm also in IL and interested in a header so I want to see where this goes. If you just want to clear the CEL then you can get a scan tool. If you have an android phone you can even download an app (torque) that lets you check and clear codes once you buy the adapter (maybe $20). It is really easy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks