2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 181 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #1801
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdmt3 View Post
...I LOVE this car....minus the clunks. It's so darn cute and zippy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
...Awesome little car if they can just step up and take care of stuff like this.
mrsdmt3 & Dysan911,

Itís important to me that you continue to love your rides. I want to send this up the line to your regional customer service managers. Please PM me your full name, approximate mileage, best daytime phone number, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmehring View Post
...When it is brought into the dealership fir service they put grease on the inside of the boot which causes a temporary fix...
I see you have a follow-up call scheduled with Tammy, cwmehring; drop me a line if you want anything forwarded before then.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #1802
Yanner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93640
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5MT hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Yanner Good Standing Member
Add me to the list of people told by their dealer they couldn't find anything wrong. :\
Old 01-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #1803
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanner View Post
Add me to the list of people told by their dealer they couldn't find anything wrong. :\
Apparently, the average Ford dealer tech can't find their own ass with both hands and a map.

No offense intended to any Ford techs reading this forum... I'm just speaking from personal experience.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #1804
cwmehring
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 105016
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cwmehring Good Standing Member
Dust Boot

You can see the dust boot when you move your tire all the way to the left or right. It looks like a black bellow. its plastic and rubs against the springs on mine. They lubed it up and now I don't have the noise anymore.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #1805
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanner View Post
I see you live in the Great White North, Yanner. I suggest speaking to one of the great agents with Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673 so they can lend a hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
...No offense intended to any Ford techs reading this forum... I'm just speaking from personal experience.
Strix,

Iím sure nobody took offense. Please keep me up to speed on when youíre going to schedule the next appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmehring View Post
...They lubed it up and now I don't have the noise anymore.
Thatís great news, cwmehring; I appreciate you sharing.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #1806
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Hey folks,

Well I picked my car up a while ago. Seems to be quiet on the way back to work.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

The work order on the left is when I originally first had the problem but on the right side. and the work order on the right is from today addressing the left side. Notice the mileage too. So far the right side does appear to be holding up okay. Sure does look like a lot more parts were involved on the first go around.

I'll report back after a few more days with passengers, etc.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #1807
Dysan911
Focus Addict

BTW, Apparently as a result of this type of repair they are required to do a front end alignment. WOW, apparently my alignment wasn't quite right because I fought with a bit of the wandering on the highway but just chalked it up to an over eager electronic steering system. Now the steering feels noticeably flatter on the road like it's got some weight to it and rolls flatter I guess. I barely have to correct so that was a pleasant improvement so far. Also ride home was good regarding no front end clunking. My pull into the driveway always sounded bad when the tire would hit the driveway curb. A distinct metallic clak but not this time.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #1808
BlazeFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104991
What I Drive: _

FF Reputation: 2 BlazeFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
BTW, Apparently as a result of this type of repair they are required to do a front end alignment. WOW, apparently my alignment wasn't quite right because I fought with a bit of the wandering on the highway but just chalked it up to an over eager electronic steering system. Now the steering feels noticeably flatter on the road like it's got some weight to it and rolls flatter I guess. I barely have to correct so that was a pleasant improvement so far. Also ride home was good regarding no front end clunking. My pull into the driveway always sounded bad when the tire would hit the driveway curb. A distinct metallic clak but not this time.
Promising..
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #1809
Dysan911
Focus Addict

4 people loaded in the car today. Going over some rough bumps and speed bumps it was making a mild clunking noise but not near as bad as before. With just me in the car I can't duplicate it. On the way back from lunch with just 1 passenger in the front seat I didn't notice it at all. Don't know if there was some seating it was doing or not. I"ll continue to keep a close ear on it.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #1810
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 46 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Even though I sincerely hope that your clunk doesn't return, I can't honestly say that I have high hopes because it is the same work that most all of us have had done. I don't know of anyone yet that had had a permanent fix with those parts, to include me.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Bookmarks & Social Networks