Replacing fake wood door trim - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
zackattack784
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29847
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 zackattack784 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Replacing fake wood door trim

Today a friend got in my car and closed the door and off came the fake wood trim from my door. How do I go about fixing this? The little plastic tabs from the "wood" panel broke off in the door and I can't seem to get them out. The plastic is so weak they just crumble apart when I try to use a pliers on them. I guess that's why they broke.

Here are some pics so you guys know what I'm talking about. The one side where it broke off and the other side with the trim still in place.

Thanks guys!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Djmike2485

Fan#: 3230
What I Drive: Silver 2000 Ford Focus Zetec 4 Dr.

FF Reputation: 6 Djmike2485 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I know it's a ghetto approach but you could probably use some kind of automotive grade double stick tape or glue. I know 3M makes good trim tape. Maybe someone else has a better idea. Maybe you can find the original clips from Ford and epoxy them to the trim.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #3
Mr.Bergner
coffee, have some

Fan#: 32799
What I Drive: 2004 TW Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 53 Mr.Bergner Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I would take the door panel off and see if you can extract those tabs somehow. Taking the door panel off is easy, there should be a how-to in here somewhere: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...mplete+archive

Maybe once you get the tabs out you could gorilla glue them together. I mean it is plastic.
Hatch Nation #29_____________________________________________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
Old 07-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
landrj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87719
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 landrj Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Does anybody know where i can purchase the fake wood trim for the 2001 focus zts interior front passenger door? I read where there was some discussion on how to fix the trim that has fallen off. Maybe my terminology is not appropriate when looking for the part on after market sites or Ford.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
chirsdem
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108667
What I Drive: 2000 Black Focus ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 chirsdem Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Did you ever get this replacement part? I have now had 2 fall off from people closing the door too hard. It appears that the part number is 414-6700-000 but I am unable to find this on any sites as a replacement part. I am sure that gluing the posts back on would not work.

Bookmarks & Social Networks