Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
Extremely Satisfied 42 49.41%
Satisfied 26 30.59%
Not Satisfied 7 8.24%
Extremely Disappointed 10 11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #81
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacman View Post
I think they did that to keep the average buyer from balking at buying a focus or fiesta altogether. Most consumers just want to put it into drive and go, they don't give a crap how it goes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using FF Mobile
Indeed, disclosure is a priority not shown from most car makers selling vehicles in North America,
From brochures to media releases, it is very clear car makers selling vehicles in North America
do their utmost to share very little information with the public.

Last edited by GhiaFan; 01-16-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #82
1rkRAGE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107519
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Hatch - Oxford White

FF Reputation: 1 1rkRAGE Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
You're killing me.

EDIT: I think everyone really should shop around, though. I've found a Thornton's station in Illinois nets me 38-39mpg per tank on 93 and then I fill up at the BP and my gas mileage instantly drops to 33mpg. It's happened more than once and I think it's more than just a coincidence / weather / driving style changes.
try the shell v-power at Oak Creek. maybe it's just me/placebo effect but i'm getting 1-3 mpg more
Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #83
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZfocus2012 View Post
Here is another place Ford dropped the ball on the DCT by not emphasizing that the DCT is a computer automated 6 speed manual, and not a tradition torque converted automatic.
Not so much Ford but the salesmen at the dealers. My salesman mentioned nothing about it (I had done the research anyway). But when I brought it in for DCT service, the first thing the service advisor said was "Now you know this is a different type of transmission right...."

Old 01-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #84
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
My salesman did mention it, but I think I knew more about the car than he did as I was stalking this site for weeks.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #85
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My salesman did mention it, but I think I knew more about the car than he did as I was stalking this site for weeks.
Same here
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #86
blknblumark
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108576
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 blknblumark Good Standing Member
I've driven 3 cars with this transmission, and have been satisfied with two of them.

My wife's car (2011 Fiesta SES - Nov 2010 build date) must have had one of the earlier units, it had to be driven in a specific way to not shudder and sputter. I'm sure it did not help that the car had merely adequate power. The wife loved the rest of the car, but hated the tranny and lack of power. We put 20k on this car, I can't tell you if it got better or she just learned how to deal with it.

I had a 2012 Focus SE HB (base model DCT, no options that I could tell, not even SYNC) as a rental car for 28 days. It had around 22k on it when I received it, I returned it with just over 25k. This car is why we bought one. I get rentals rotated every month, all brands and sizes, and this car was in fantastic shape. It drove and acted like a new car. I ran the snot out of it, tried to duplicate the issues with the Fiesta and had no issues. There were the usual scrapes and dings, but other wise it was tight, clean and problem free.

So we bought a 2013 Ti, loaded ~3 weeks ago. 1200 miles later, no problems at all.

I will admit, I would prefer the wet clutch DSG setup in my 08 GTI to the dry clutches. $250 20k service intervals and all.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #87
vacman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 107472
What I Drive: '13 5M white Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 vacman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blknblumark View Post
I've driven 3 cars with this transmission, and have been satisfied with two of them.

My wife's car (2011 Fiesta SES - Nov 2010 build date) must have had one of the earlier units, it had to be driven in a specific way to not shudder and sputter. I'm sure it did not help that the car had merely adequate power. The wife loved the rest of the car, but hated the tranny and lack of power. We put 20k on this car, I can't tell you if it got better or she just learned how to deal with it.

I had a 2012 Focus SE HB (base model DCT, no options that I could tell, not even SYNC) as a rental car for 28 days. It had around 22k on it when I received it, I returned it with just over 25k. This car is why we bought one. I get rentals rotated every month, all brands and sizes, and this car was in fantastic shape. It drove and acted like a new car. I ran the snot out of it, tried to duplicate the issues with the Fiesta and had no issues. There were the usual scrapes and dings, but other wise it was tight, clean and problem free.

So we bought a 2013 Ti, loaded ~3 weeks ago. 1200 miles later, no problems at all.

I will admit, I would prefer the wet clutch DSG setup in my 08 GTI to the dry clutches. $250 20k service intervals and all.
I nearly bought a new TDI with DSG but all the HPFP horror stories drove me away. They are terrific cars, but $9k to repair a fuel system which may be damaged just by filling up at a station with a small amount of cross contamination? No thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using FF Mobile
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #88
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
It makes me happy to see all those who love their ride; thanks for taking the time to share.

For everyone who voted that they’re not satisfied, I can help by arranging a call from your regional customer service managers. Be sure to send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, approximate mileage, dealer details, and VIN.

If you live north of the border and are having a concern, I highly recommend calling the great agents with Ford Canada at 1-800-565-3673 to get assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZfocus2012 View Post
... I think Ford would be smart to offer at least two distinct setups...
Those are some good ideas, AZfocus2012; I suggest submitting them here:

http://Social.Ford.com/your-ideas

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #89
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
I voted extremely satisfied. We have two: One is an SE with the sports package - DCT and the other is the TI with a 5MT. Both of them run great.

Ironically, I prefer driving the SE w/ DCT while on the highway - the 6th speed really makes a difference - smooth. Every other time the TI is more "fun" to drive but I am and have had a preference with MT.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #90
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
Not so much Ford but the salesmen at the dealers. My salesman mentioned nothing about it (I had done the research anyway). But when I brought it in for DCT service, the first thing the service advisor said was "Now you know this is a different type of transmission right...."

There should be a federal law: no car salesman/woman without first being a car guy/gal.....
if you no virturaly nothing about cars then don't sell them.. get another line of work....

Bookmarks & Social Networks