My favourite and least expensive mod :) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #21
Justinr666
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96239
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Blue S

FF Reputation: 2 Justinr666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
effing ricers.
Sorry for not having the money needed to put on expensive mods like headers, cold air, exhaust, ect. None of my mods cost me more then $100. and now there isn't a focus around me that looks like mine... I am one of a kind for my area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
sbc17
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101047
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT , '96 Sunfire

FF Reputation: 2 sbc17 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Looks cool. I know in Michigan these are TOTALLY illegal. We are not allowed to have any color other than white or yellow emitting from our vehicles. I had blue fogs and got pulled over and got a ticket. The officer said that police are the only ones that can have blue lights. I was mad cause I see people with blue HID's all the time. It didn't cost me anything and they were just vinyls luckily.

Keep up the good work.

-sbc
Blue Interior
Build number: 61 of 3985
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #23
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
effing ricers.

Call it what you will, I don't care.
SR #233
Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #24
Justinr666
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96239
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Blue S

FF Reputation: 2 Justinr666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
so i appolgize for not posting up how to photos... but its the dead of winter here, and the days that have been decent i have had to work and has been pitch black by the time i got home. Anyways.. for the time being, i will do my best to do a text guide so here goes.
You will need: The smallest diameter heat shrink tube you can find(stuff recommended for automotive is best, but any for electrical work will do), Wire cutters/strippers( a utility knife will work fine, but it takes more paitence and you are more likely to cut a wire when stripping), solder and soldering gun(optional), 12V lights, mounting tape(3M outdoor double side mounting tape or 3M 2 sided molding tape), a lighter, and possibly extra lengthers of wire depending on where you mount to.
NOTE: keep all wires away from moving and hot parts! the last thing you need is a wire getting wraped around your a/c unit or other parts

First, you are going to remove your front grill. there are four, two piece clips on top. There are two clips on the bottom holding it to the bumper. If you look down through the hole on top you can see where the clips are. I just use a flat head to press the b umper down enough to remove the grill.

Second, you will have to remove the three bolts for your head light. 1 was covered by the grill, the second is in the center of the head light bracket, and the third is at the top by the fender. There is a hidden clip on the bottom of the head light. Just pull up slowly and firmly and it will release.

Third, remove the plugs for the head light bulb and/or the turn signal bulb. each plug has three sockets... the middle socket is the -/ground for both functions of each light.
now, take your set of lights. get your +/- wires ready(this is some trial and error).
take your negative wire, put it into the middle socket, take your positive and put it on either side of the plug. For the head light plug, one side is for low beam and one side is for high, you can hook both up(ill tell how later) or you can leave it so when your highs are on, your lights turn on. for the turn signal plug, one side is always on, the other is flashing(not recommended for street use), you cannot hook both up so that your lights stay on, then flash when you put your turns signal on... it doesnt work that way for some reason. it just stays solid the whole time. now, when you have decided how you want to do it, remember what colour wire you picked.

Now, cut the black vinyl tape back about 4-5". DO NOT cut the accordion tubing, you will use this again when your done, so just pull it back and expose your three wires.

Here comes the scary bit, you are going to cut both wires in half. Then take the wire coating off about half an inch on each side. Slide over a piece of heat shrink tube. Twist the wires together, then wrap the wire for your lights around(you can solder the connection if you want). slide the heat shrink over the exposed wires so no wire is showing. take a lighter and shrink it. now, repeat these steps for the other wire... but before your shrink the tubing, check to make sure your lights light up the way you want!

Once your wires are conected and everything works, take the accordion tube and stuff the wires back in(i found it the easiest to bend it backwards so the opening is facing up and stuffing the wires in like that) once thats done wrap the tube, all the way to the original vinyl tape with new vinyl tape( i wouldnt cheap out on tape here... 3M is really good and sticky) now once you have done all your wiring mount your lights where you please(best bet is to have your lights mounted so only a glow is seen, if need be, wire in a toggle/button switch inside, so you can turn your lights off if around cops and such) other than that, you are done.

this process can be used for your brake/reverse lights and the like. but as always, check local law! i am not responsible if this is illegal in your state/province.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->