Very High Idle - Throttle Body and TPS sensor questions - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
rycodge
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108520
What I Drive: 2003 Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 rycodge Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Very High Idle - Throttle Body and TPS sensor questions

Car specs: 2003 ZX3 with zetec 2.0 and 5 speed manual.

Hi all. I recently purchased a focus and I've been going through a bunch of small maintenance items. Before I tell you anything I will be cleaning out my IAC valve and installing it with a new gasket tonight! BUT, I'm a bit confused about the TPS on my zx3.

I went to autozone and asked for a new TPS. Apparently the manual and automatic have different ones with slightly different harness connections. I originally purchased the manual tps only to discover my car has the automatic one even though I have a manual tranny?? Is this normal? Is this a 2003 thing?

Also, I noticed when installing the TPS I have to sort of load up the sensor (turning it slightly) to mount it on the throttle body. For those of you that have replaced this, is this normal?? My car is idling very high (2k-3k) with both my original tps and the new tps. I was wondering if I might have the wrong throttle body on my focus (sometimes you never know what the moronic previous owners have done ).

Thanks in advance!

Bookmarks & Social Networks