My favourite and least expensive mod :) - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Sure! Just PM me or post them here, other people may want to know too!
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #12
Justinr666
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96239
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Blue S

FF Reputation: 2 Justinr666 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Alright, tomorrow i will take some pictures of the steps to take the head lights out and such... its too late to do it tonight
Old 01-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
Snyper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96688
What I Drive: 2009 Black SE

FF Reputation: 2 Snyper Good Standing Member
I feel like with all that underglow, these could be considered illegal depending on state laws. Unless they are just for show, they carry on.

Now that that's out of the way, lol - looks good. Once I saw the first pic, I thought it was VonKrause's Foci at first lmao.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
I feel like with all that underglow, these could be considered illegal depending on state laws. Unless they are just for show, they carry on.

Now that that's out of the way, lol - looks good. Once I saw the first pic, I thought it was VonKrause's Foci at first lmao.
Here in Texas as long as they are not flashing then they are legal. Unless a given officer wants to be a douche for the night then "technically" he can give you a ticket for "distraction to other drivers" thus causing unsafe driving for them.

Texas Law states:
547.305. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF LIGHTS.
(a) A motor vehicle lamp or illuminating device, other than a headlamp,
spotlamp, auxiliary lamp, turn signal lamp, or emergency vehicle or school bus warning lamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower shall be directed so that no part of the high-intensity portion of the beam strikes the roadway at a distance of more than 75 feet from the vehicle.
(b) Except as expressly authorized by law, a person may not operate or move equipment or a vehicle, other than a police vehicle,
with a lamp or device that displays a red light visible from directly in front of the center of the equipment or vehicle.
(c) A person may not operate a motor vehicle equipped with a red, white, or blue beacon, flashing, or alternating light unless
the equipment is:
(1) used as specifically authorized by this chapter;
or
(2) a running lamp, headlamp, tail lamp, backup lamp, or turn signal lamp that is used as authorized by law.
(d) A vehicle may be equipped with alternately flashing lighting equipment described by Section 547.701 or 547.702 only if
the vehicle is:
(1) a school bus;
(2) an authorized emergency vehicle;
(3) a church bus that has the words "church bus" printed on the front and rear of the bus so as to be clearly
discernable to other vehicle operators;
(4) a tow truck while under the direction of a law enforcement officer at the scene of an accident or while hooking up
to a disabled vehicle on a roadway; or
(5) a tow truck with a mounted light bar which has turn signals and stop lamps in addition to those required by Sections
547.322, 547.323, and 547.324, Transportation Code.
(e) A person may not operate highway maintenance or service equipment, including snow-removal equipment, that is not equipped with lamps or that does not display lighted lamps as required by the standards and specifications adopted by the Texas Department of Transportation.
(f) In this section "tow truck" means a motor vehicle or mechanical device that is adapted or used to tow, winch, or move a
disabled vehicle.
Galatians 6:14
Old 01-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #15
Justinr666
Focus Enthusiast

here in my province (ontario) they are legal so long as they you can only see the glow and not the actual led bulbs. Also they cannot be flashing. But as we all know laws vary a lot from place to place, so check your local laws
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #16
F'nClassy
Eh!

Fan#: 97270
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 6 F'nClassy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinr666 View Post
I got them from my work... tho you don't have canadian tire in the states... but, pepboys and im sure other automotive stores carry the exact same lights... http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/523521/ The lights are made by Pilot Automotive.. or just Pilot... the bottom light"s" are a 36" strip that i cut into two pieces(i used them are turn signals before i found out how illegal that was) but a 36" strip will fit perfectly under the front bumper of our cars. Inside the grill i used two 12" strips. I then connected the lights to my cars lighting respectively.. can explain how i did so if you would like to know.
Are we not allowed the have turn signals other than amber or white (in Ontario)?
HN#154
Sonic's MK3 Crew #07

Live together, die alone
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
Instead of a "Dual Clutch", "Dual Personality" might be a better name.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #17
Snyper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96688
What I Drive: 2009 Black SE

FF Reputation: 2 Snyper Good Standing Member
Good to know that you checked legalities. I know in NY you'd get pulled over quick. I believe it's illegal, but even if not, you'd still get yanked.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #18
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinr666 View Post

also, yes my name is justin, i take it yours is too? haha
Why yes yes it is, this is the second time I have run into another Justin with an Ice Blue focus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
I thought the same thing when I saw it lol. Was going to send you a link when I found you posted already
Weird how that keeps happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post

As stated the law varies from place to place, like said earlier it is "Legal" in Texas but I don't run with them on as all it takes is an angry cop to get you a ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Man, I really wish I knew more about electronics. That stuff looks absolutely awesome guys. So jealous. :(
LED work on our cars isn't particularly hard, I started out knowing very little on the subject and look at my car now. All you need to do is find some 12v DC LEDs, a switch of some kind, and a bunch of wire. The way I hooked mine up was to hook the + wire to the battery put the switch in line on the + and then the other wire to the frame someplace.

This was the switch I used before the wireless setup.

This is the wireless setup with the key fob

And this is the LED that I use and I hook them up with shrink tube for a hard connection.

I haven't even electrocuted myself yet, although I don't think it's possible with the 12v DC our cars run on. However it is possible to blow a fuse if you don't disconnect the battery while installing. I did that while switching over to LEDs in my trunk.

-VonKrause-
SR #233
Old 01-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
Justinr666
Focus Enthusiast

haha, i didnt even do that, i just have mine wired into my headlights and amber lights... both lights have two positions, giving you about 80 millions possible light and colour combos :)... the head lights have off, low beam and high beam, the ambers have off, always on, and flashing... so the possibilities are endless if you have the creativity :)
Quote:
Are we not allowed the have turn signals other than amber or white (in Ontario)?
the only colour i know that you are allowed to have for your front turn signals are amber/orange... but then again its not 100% you will get pulled over for have blue turn signals... just like im not 100% safe from getting pulled over... all depends on the officer you run into..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #20
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
effing ricers.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->