Active Grill Shutters - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Resolve
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98457
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 Resolve Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
When I first checked them out in person I had just got back to my house after driving around. When I checked they were closed I could see nothing but black. Then I cranked the car and came back and they were full open and I could see the silver of the radiator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
knappcreek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99234
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL

FF Reputation: 1 knappcreek Good Standing Member
Good Youtube video show the shutters closing and opening at startup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaburVkPcJY
Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #13
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
yeah and then they break closed and then your screwed all the way to the dealership LMAO.......I know you would still have a warranty as it's a 12 but still....more to break...It makes you wonder how much r&d went into the active grille shutters :)
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Hi guys. I was on Kelly Blue Book site and I came across something: http://www.kbb.com/ford/focus/2013-f...hicleid=377715
"SUPER FUEL ECONOMY (SFE) PACKAGE
Available on the auto-shifted SE 4-door sedan, the SFE Package includes auto-articulated, aero-optimizing grille shutters – an unseen mileage-enhancing element also found on most other Focus models fitted with the PowerShift transmission – as well as low rolling-resistance tires, wind-cheating wheel covers and a tasteful rear spoiler that collectively bring the car's EPA highway figure up to 40 mpg."

I don't have the SFE package, but I do have the PowerShift transmission. How can I tell If I have active grill shutters or not - or if I should? (I'm pretty sure I don't, but not sure). And why does it say "also found on most other Focus models fitted with the PowerShift transmission " . That is so vague...
I wish I had done a bit more research about this car and maybe have gotten SFE or custom ordered from Ford.
In any case, is there a way to get aftermarket active grill shutters? If so, please elaborate on it (DIY or get it installed and the pricing).

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
Hi guys. I was on Kelly Blue Book site and I came across something: http://www.kbb.com/ford/focus/2013-f...hicleid=377715
"SUPER FUEL ECONOMY (SFE) PACKAGE
Available on the auto-shifted SE 4-door sedan, the SFE Package includes auto-articulated, aero-optimizing grille shutters – an unseen mileage-enhancing element also found on most other Focus models fitted with the PowerShift transmission – as well as low rolling-resistance tires, wind-cheating wheel covers and a tasteful rear spoiler that collectively bring the car's EPA highway figure up to 40 mpg."

I don't have the SFE package, but I do have the PowerShift transmission. How can I tell If I have active grill shutters or not - or if I should? (I'm pretty sure I don't, but not sure). And why does it say "also found on most other Focus models fitted with the PowerShift transmission " . That is so vague...
I wish I had done a bit more research about this car and maybe have gotten SFE or custom ordered from Ford.
In any case, is there a way to get aftermarket active grill shutters? If so, please elaborate on it (DIY or get it installed and the pricing).

Thanks!
Look through your front grille and infront of the radiator you will see black plastic shutters. They should be open when the car is off.

or

put your vin into

http://www.etis.ford.com/

and it will say if you have the shutters or not.

I think they are standard now across all models for the 2013 MY.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #16
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
Stupid question - do all new Ford Focus have active shutters? Sounds like a cool feature.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #17
mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
I went to ford.com and clicked technology and it shows that the 2013 focus comes with it. I went outside and looked carefully at mine while the car is off, and yes I can see through stuff at the bottom so i'm pretty sure those are the grill shutters in open position. Sweet :)))
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #18
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I went to ford.com and clicked technology and it shows that the 2013 focus comes with it. I went outside and looked carefully at mine while the car is off, and yes I can see through stuff at the bottom so i'm pretty sure those are the grill shutters in open position. Sweet :)))
Start your car when it is cold out and take a look at them, they should be closed.

Bookmarks & Social Networks