Mountain Run, Anyone?! - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic Fanatics

Mid Atlantic Fanatics Serving the Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington DC regions.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #31
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
That was the droid2 global's cell camera... I spend too much upgrading the car (and I still haven't gotten where I want to be) to afford a decent camera!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
focusjostes89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108219
What I Drive: 2007 Grey st

FF Reputation: 1 focusjostes89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's pretty nice for a phone. Well maybe it will work out that when I am coming through that part of the country to head to dc I could make a detour its very nice country side and would be great for pics as my focus is very stock for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPad using FF Mobile HD
Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #33
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
I"m in Telford, PA which is about 2 hours from York, PA....are you doing the mountain run again anytime soon?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #34
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Hopefully I'd like to do another dry run soon... or trying to find someone responsible that lives closer to check. If the route is open, then I can start talking group rates with local joints for lodging and we can work out sceduling!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #35
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

I've been waiting for Ma-Nature to come around and provide the perfect conditions for this event... and Gaia has delivered!!!

I have an 'asset' in the county-in-question, so I need to get them out for a local-only scouting run before I dish final deets on lodging, location, and basic rules.
I will put this out WAAAAAAY ahead of any further info:
This isn't a Gumball-style hellride, or hooning trip! Enthusiastic driving is bound to happen, and I need folks to understand that the route snakes through farmlands (one of which is maybe 20ft off the roadside with a cow feeding-enclosure); loud revving will absolutely cause trouble there and get the local constabulary involved.

The roads are well paved (until you get to the best parts), the most technical section is DANGEROUS! If you mess around on a few of these sections the likelihood of ending up on a live news broadcast as tow crews recover a smoking husk that used to be a nice car will increase ten-fold... scare tactics (I know); but the point is: be responsible! If you mess up-> it'll be your own fault.

So the cogs have begun turning and I'm going into high-gear for preparations. My car isn't isn't even running right now (due to a custom-ignition-install-turned-oh-shite) and a bad wheel bearing/ABS/braking issue; so if all else fails in the meantime, I'll rent a car and get extra insurance to do this!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #36
Drumr90
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99659
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX5 auto

FF Reputation: 3 Drumr90 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Im still hopin to make this run when it happens.
Hatch nation #03
Rally revolution #06 [HOONIGAN]
Team Duratec #30
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #37
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

I need to coordinate with a few friends whose primary allegiances belong to M.A.D. and MACA; I was also considering PM'ing the CarLoveDC organizer... but that's an exotic-club and I feel like they'd just steal the whole thing from us. Who knows!

I'm trying to 'farm' ideas on who and when. My coworker/friend from MAD has pointed out that May is booked up with Ocean City hot rod cruises and the like, Six Fast, Six Furious premier weekend and as we all are aware of in the Mid-A region (and abroad): Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, and the prep thereof!

Should we do this mid/late June, or wait for the heat to subside and do it late summer/early fall?!?! So many questions, and I'm just absolutely chomping-at-the-bit to get back up there!

Whaddaya say, Fanatics?! I'm beginning to think -> Mid June. Once we work out the date, I'll get cracking on the local hotels and see about a club discount...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #38
Drumr90
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99659
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX5 auto

FF Reputation: 3 Drumr90 Good Standing Member
Mid june seems cool. One ? I know cant say where but what state is it in just i know
Hatch nation #03
Rally revolution #06 [HOONIGAN]
Team Duratec #30
Old 04-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #39
Shaknbake58
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112105
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver/red zx5 svt

FF Reputation: 1 Shaknbake58 Good Standing Member
Talking This is gonna be awesome

So glad I stumbled on this thread! I live in Lancaster, work in York. From the pics you've got there it should be a really good time. If you need any help setting things up, I'd be happy to help out.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #40
joecicalese
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105573
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 4 joecicalese Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
I need to coordinate with a few friends whose primary allegiances belong to M.A.D. and MACA; I was also considering PM'ing the CarLoveDC organizer... but that's an exotic-club and I feel like they'd just steal the whole thing from us. Who knows!

I'm trying to 'farm' ideas on who and when. My coworker/friend from MAD has pointed out that May is booked up with Ocean City hot rod cruises and the like, Six Fast, Six Furious premier weekend and as we all are aware of in the Mid-A region (and abroad): Ford Nationals @ Carlisle, and the prep thereof!

Should we do this mid/late June, or wait for the heat to subside and do it late summer/early fall?!?! So many questions, and I'm just absolutely chomping-at-the-bit to get back up there!

Whaddaya say, Fanatics?! I'm beginning to think -> Mid June. Once we work out the date, I'll get cracking on the local hotels and see about a club discount...

Mid June sounds great

Bookmarks & Social Networks