NO indicator for winshield wiper fluid - Page 19 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #181
Sprint
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

Points 126, Level 2
Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2 Points: 126, Level: 2
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
+1 to those who recognize the value of this indicator (I'm currently testing to see if mine will work). Anyone who's ever been driving along a slushy highway/freeway and had a big truck cover you in brown slop knows what a dangerous situation this can be if you're out of fluid. I've had this happen with such thick muck that my windshield visibility has gone completely dark - like someone painted your windshield brown in 1 second. This is not a "dummy" light as some suggest (probably peeps from down low who have not had the thrill of this type experience!!).

And yes - of course I top up my fluid regularly so I should never get the warning but it's nice to know that it works in case I'm empty and don't know it (it's also tough to see the level given how the reservoir is buried in the engine compartment of a 12 focus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #182
usc217
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101359
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Focus Hatchback SEL

FF Reputation: 1 usc217 Good Standing Member
My indicator works like any other car that I have had.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #183
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

Points 528, Level 10
Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10 Points: 528, Level: 10
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
I'd like to know why the washer fluid tank was designed to hold just short of a gallon.

When you do run out and have to buy some, they don't sell it by the quart. You buy a full gallon, and the car won't hold it all.

Is this so that I can always have a tiny amount left in a loose gallon container slopping around in my trunk/hatch? I'd rather not have that... so I usually just throw it away or dump it in the squeegee buckets near the gas pumps. Whichever option I choose, I always curse the engineer who fitted the car with a 103 ounce washer solvent tank.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #184
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

Points 2,210, Level 28
Points: 2,210, Level: 28 Points: 2,210, Level: 28 Points: 2,210, Level: 28
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%
FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I'd like to know why the washer fluid tank was designed to hold just short of a gallon.

When you do run out and have to buy some, they don't sell it by the quart. You buy a full gallon, and the car won't hold it all.

Is this so that I can always have a tiny amount left in a loose gallon container slopping around in my trunk/hatch? I'd rather not have that... so I usually just throw it away or dump it in the squeegee buckets near the gas pumps. Whichever option I choose, I always curse the engineer who fitted the car with a 103 ounce washer solvent tank.
Every car I've ever had as I can recall...which is a lot of cars...has always a reservoir that's short of a full gallon.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #185
Tiger-Heli
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12379
What I Drive: 2002 French Blue SE Sedan

Points 682, Level 13
Points: 682, Level: 13 Points: 682, Level: 13 Points: 682, Level: 13
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 4 Tiger-Heli Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaDnB View Post
Every car I've ever had as I can recall...which is a lot of cars...has always a reservoir that's short of a full gallon.
And most of the ones I've had were WELL short of a full gallon - like a half-gallon or less.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #186
Guimpy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88333
What I Drive: 2012 Platinum White Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Guimpy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
I'd rather not have that... so I usually just throw it away or dump it in the squeegee buckets near the gas pumps.
I don't know how much you pay for your washer fluid in the States but I know mine is worth gold (to me ha ha) and I couldn't dump it like that. A gallon of Rain-X goes for $4.99 plus tax here and if I want to go with Motorcraft it's 3.99$. Last year I needed two gallons for the whole winter. This year, I'm already at five. It's a sloppy winter we are getting here. The indicator light is a bonus. I've seen it once since it got fixed (after my first initial test run to see if it actually worked) and I was quite happy that it did come up as it took almost the exact same amount of fluid to fill than if it were completely empty.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #187
VelociRacer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97968
What I Drive: 12 BlueC SE Sport 5DR+5SP+201A+Wntr

FF Reputation: 1 VelociRacer Good Standing Member
I'm not sure this is still true, but Canadian regulations impose a bigger washer fluid bottle size. I am just waiting for my bottle to run out and it hasn't yet after 11k miles. Expecting to run out soon, as it usually does every winter.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #188
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
I just got the car in decemeber and with all the bells and whistles I was kind of suprised it didn't have the washer fluid indicator. MY 2006 car has it. I don't think I'd be upset as much if they didn't mention it in the manual.

I tend to use my fluid a lot here in PA so having indication would be nice. Maybe we'll get it in a future update in the information window?
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #189
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
I just got the car in decemeber and with all the bells and whistles I was kind of suprised it didn't have the washer fluid indicator. MY 2006 car has it. I don't think I'd be upset as much if they didn't mention it in the manual.

I tend to use my fluid a lot here in PA so having indication would be nice. Maybe we'll get it in a future update in the information window?
Pretty sure you should have it...there is a TSB concerning it.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #190
spiderpig
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107025
What I Drive: 2013 Blue Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 spiderpig Good Standing Member
Which TSB? I looked in our section and didn't see anything concerning it. I looked online and could only find 2012 TSB's, but none seem to talk about it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks