2014 Lexus IS First Look - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
FFTeam
Administrator

Fan#: 41389
Points 43,240, Level 100
Points: 43,240, Level: 100 Points: 43,240, Level: 100 Points: 43,240, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 4 FFTeam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2014 Lexus IS First Look

The all-new IS model range will include IS 250, IS 350, and the first IS to feature Lexus Hybrid Drive, the IS 300h, which will be available in Europe, Japan and other international markets. F SPORT models will be available across the full range. Today, Lexus released photos of the all-new IS 250/350 F SPORT in advance of next week’s World Premiere.

Exterior Design
The all-new IS features the new Lexus spindle grille frontal design, awarding the compact sedan a combination of aggressive elegance, a more powerful road presence and a stronger brand identity.

The tight, sporting proportions of the body are formed by powerful character lines generated by the shape of the spindle grille, which passes through the base of the A-pillars then tightens up as it flows toward the rear. They clearly delineate the body from the cabin, emphasizing the wide flare of the wheel arches to give the new IS a broad, powerful stance.

In profile, the strong horizontal beltline shows off the large rear tires and its low center of gravity. The mass of the cabin itself is concentrated rearwards, visually applying weight to the rear tires to enhance the perception of traction.

A rising crease line flowing from the lower body, through the rear wheel arch and into the rear lamp clusters adds the sweeping elegance to the sedan’s sporty profile.

The exterior design incorporates a new, powerfully articulated headlamp cluster design with Lexus trademark, L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL) located independently below.

F SPORT models are instantly recognized by an exclusive grille and front bumper design. The ‘waistline’ of the grille is higher than on standard models, increasing the area of the lower grille to make it capable of drawing in a larger volume of cooling air appropriate to sporty performance.

Interior Design
The new IS interior design creates a focused, ergonomically ideal environment from within, which the driver can fully exploit the new Lexus compact sedan’s superb driving dynamics.

The new IS’ increased width and longer wheelbase provide significantly improved rear seat comfort. The combination of the extended wheelbase and a thinner front seat design generates best-in-class knee room and improved accessibility. And new, 60:40 split/folding rear seats, provide expansive luggage capacity.

Cabin material, trim and finish refinement is complimented by the latest advances in HMI technology and a high quality analog clock with surface-emitting illumination. The center console incorporates Lexus-first, electrostatic switches to control the air conditioning temperature with the touch of a finger.

Both the seat hip point and the angle of the new, LFA-inspired steering wheel have been lowered and steering reach adjustment increased, creating a more sporting driving position. F SPORT models feature the LFA’s innovative driver’s meter with a moving center ring.

F SPORT trim detailing includes a perforated leather finish to the steering wheel and shift knob, metal film 3-D-effect ornamentation, black seat stitching, and aluminum pedals and scuff plates.

A choice of three F SPORT interior color schemes includes a new Rioja Red finish, which is exclusive to the marque.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
FLYLOW
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 34077
What I Drive: Gen Coupe Rspec

FF Reputation: 4 FLYLOW Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Meeehhh i dont love it
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
swagfocuswagon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103591
What I Drive: '00 Focus wagon, 96 Cutlass Supreme

FF Reputation: 1 swagfocuswagon Good Standing Member
The dash looks like its out of early 90's Grand am kinda lol. I like the inside though, the outside is okay.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

Points 31,127, Level 100
Points: 31,127, Level: 100 Points: 31,127, Level: 100 Points: 31,127, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%
FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I like the interior, but I haven't warned up to the new Lexus front grille design yet. I like the tail lights from the rear but not the side.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

Points 9,260, Level 64
Points: 9,260, Level: 64 Points: 9,260, Level: 64 Points: 9,260, Level: 64
Level Up 70% Completed
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
I hate that angular front bumper.
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
YellowJellyBean
Love CA / Hate CARB

Fan#: 69030
What I Drive: MÜSTÄRD

FF Reputation: 13 YellowJellyBean Great Standing Member
The top half of the front end looks good and the bottom half of the front end looks good, but together it's just awkward.

Focus Fanatics
Extremely helpful people
I made a haiku
Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #7
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

Points 20,816, Level 90
Points: 20,816, Level: 90 Points: 20,816, Level: 90 Points: 20,816, Level: 90
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Really the only exterior angle I like is looking directly at the tail end.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #8
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagfocuswagon View Post
The dash looks like its out of early 90's Grand am kinda lol. I like the inside though, the outside is okay.
Ha, I didn't see it that way until I read your comment, but now that I look at it again... it looks a lot like any number of early-90s dashboards. Retro!

The outside? Yech. Really hate the new grille/bumper design Lexus is pushing. The IS has always had clean lines and relatively conservative shape. They're trying too hard to make it radical looking.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.