Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: Overall Satisfaction w/Focus DCT
Extremely Satisfied 42 49.41%
Satisfied 26 30.59%
Not Satisfied 7 8.24%
Extremely Disappointed 10 11.76%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Fan#: 92484
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A Focus

FF Reputation: 2 AZfocus2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey Ford, you listening?

Since many of the issues have been in the software, I think Ford would be smart to offer at least two distinct setups. If I had stopped at DCT V3.0, I may have said extremely satisfied. But when the dealer installed DCT V4.0, which in my observation made D more like S and S more like D. I liked it when D was gauged toward hypermiling, and S was much more aggressive than it is now. In D with V3.0 all I had to do was just move the accelerator pedal a little further and I could have the D that I am stuck with all the time now with V4.0. And in S with V3.0 it seemed to hold lower gears longer and was much more aggressive with the downshifts when slowing for corners. It used to be with V3.0 when I was up in the canyon, I could just leave it in S auto and was satisfied. Now I frequently have to go to select shift to get the results I used to get in S auto mode. Why make it one size fits all when one size doesn't fit all, and it would be real simple to outline the characteristics of two different options and let the consumer choose which setup they wanted to have in their car. If you sell the car, the new owner can change it to the other option if they want. It is just a software update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Yep. Like I said, every update seems to be worse.

I agree with you that some ability to customize would be welcome. I would much rather be able to adjust how the engine and/or transmission operates than have multicolored LEDs in the footwell.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

Customization would be the best option. I would really like to see a list of characteristics that the consumer could select from and then ford would install software with the characteristics that you wanted. But I don't see that ever happening although it should. I would be happy just to get V3.0 re-installed. The constant creep feature to satisfy the hydro auto folks, seems to me like it would greatly decrease the life of the clutch pack with all that slipping to keep moving forward. When I drove a manual 30 years ago I would never sit in stop and go traffic in first gear and just modulate the clutch, due to wear on the throw out bearing and the clutch. But that is what I have now?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #14
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
I prefer the old way, I got used to the noise and I saw it as a "benefit." It got a lot lazier after 123B7. Could be worse
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #15
fomenter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107937
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fomenter Good Standing Member
I have mix feelings about my transmission. My 2013 Focus SFE (only 640 miles, purchased last saturday) does not always make the grinding noise(hear/feel very little ) but it is still there. It hesitates some in acceleration from 1st to 2nd gear. Does it bother me alot? Probably not.. I will get used to living with the grinding noise anyway..

(I'm not quite sure if have the latest update though, since the manufacturing date of my vehicle is 12/12)

This shifting reminds me my family's 2009 Honda Civic . The civic is equipped with an I-shift transmission which jerks into gear constantly. It also hesitates when it accelerates. I took the vehicle to a honda service (in Europe) and claimed that the transmission needed an update or something. They rejected my notion by saying that all my symptoms are the characteristics of an i-shift transmission. Believe it or not. if you happened to drive that car, you would have gone crazy and worshiped your focus by heart..

I've owned more than 80 cars/SUVs (don't ask me how), you name it... Let me tell you this, focus is one of the best on my list along with Solara, S40, ACURA RL. In fact, I love my focus due to its similarity to Volvo S40 series. To make the long story short, Focus is a nice compact car which handles great at high speeds and though road conditions. The gas mileage is fantastic (37.5 Mpg, 80% highway 20% city).
Old 01-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
AZfocus2012
Focus Addict

The grin factor up in the canyon with the Focus is big. I usually have the 10 speaker Sony turned up so I haven't noticed any grinding and only a few rattles that are louder than the stereo. He77, it is a Focus not a Lexus, some people loose sight of that simple fact. For the money, I think it is one of the best options out there for the driving enthusiast, along with the BRZ and the FR-S.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
I don't understand some people's acceptance of the lackluster build quality and engineering . Ford loves people like that....by saying it's not aLexus....wtf . Oh well it's your money and if you enjoy living with the vehicle's shortcomings...so be it. If I bought a tv and it looked like sheet ..... I would return it! Spend almost 30 grand and accept it...I think not!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #18
Joeywhat
Strichmädchen & Koks

Fan#: 85247
What I Drive: 2014 Mustang 3.7L SGM

FF Reputation: 11 Joeywhat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
I don't understand some people's acceptance of the lackluster build quality and engineering . Ford loves people like that....by saying it's not aLexus....wtf . Oh well it's your money and if you enjoy living with the vehicle's shortcomings...so be it. If I bought a tv and it looked like sheet ..... I would return it! Spend almost 30 grand and accept it...I think not!
What lackluster build quality? If I bought a cheap TV I don't expect the same picture and build quality as an expensive Samsung or Sony. There's a reason different products have different prices...

Seems a lot of newer Focus owners are forgetting that they're buying a freakin' Focus. Name any other car in the same class that is significantly better?
Hatch Nation #29
Old 01-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #19
Quantos
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100622
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Sedan Focus Man.

FF Reputation: 1 Quantos Good Standing Member
Interesting poll results so far!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #20
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Hahahaha... what do you expect, it's not a Lexus (or Benz)? I've actually been told that, too! For complaining about a problem that didn't appear until a dealership screwed my car up.

I guess my standards are just too high. A vibration-free car IS too much to ask for at this price point, I suppose.

And repairs that don't cause new issues with your car is too much to ask for, too. After all, it's just a Ford dealership, not a professional repair facility staffed with competent techs, LOL.

Bookmarks & Social Networks