MFT 3.5.1 bugs - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #101
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
Audio source randomly defaults to AV at start up and is quite annoying.
VERY ANNOYING !@_#+$*%#@*$+__*&*^$%

only because the stupid popup box comes up saying "USB must be disconnected" for like a half hour before you can switch to a different source! how much of my life is wasted waiting for that dumb box to go away so I can press a different source. Oh and cycling sources with the dash or steering wheel button goes through EVERY preset starting all the way from AM radio, with the Ipod being one of the last sources to cycle through...wtf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #102
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
VERY ANNOYING !@_#+$*%#@*$+__*&*^$%

only because the stupid popup box comes up saying "USB must be disconnected" for like a half hour before you can switch to a different source! how much of my life is wasted waiting for that dumb box to go away so I can press a different source. Oh and cycling sources with the dash or steering wheel button goes through EVERY preset starting all the way from AM radio, with the Ipod being one of the last sources to cycle through...wtf
The only times I get this is when I've been listening with out the car started and then start the car. A power cycle off/on fixes it.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #103
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107321
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOn20s Good Standing Member
So I went to the gas station yesterday.

Usually when I put a full tank of gas, I get 310 miles to E. Now yesterday, filled the car up and it read 270.

Is this a problem?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:36 AM   #104
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOn20s View Post
So I went to the gas station yesterday.

Usually when I put a full tank of gas, I get 310 miles to E. Now yesterday, filled the car up and it read 270.

Is this a problem?
Not really, it just means your previous mileage was not very good so the computer is predicting that you can't go as far.

The distance to empty seems to be calculated based on a running average of the vehicles mileage for that tank. At the beginning it starts off with the data from the previous tank and starts to adjust down from there until the vehicle is driven more. 310 /12.4 gallons is 25 mpg, 270 is 21.77 mpg. Both are quite low, but if you do a lot of stop and go driving and drive even moderately aggressively that would explain the low figures.

Unless there is also something mechanically wrong with the car.

But the only things that may affect the mileage that severely without making the car drive like crap are things like the tires air pressure.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #105
FocusOn20s
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107321
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 FocusOn20s Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Not really, it just means your previous mileage was not very good so the computer is predicting that you can't go as far.

The distance to empty seems to be calculated based on a running average of the vehicles mileage for that tank. At the beginning it starts off with the data from the previous tank and starts to adjust down from there until the vehicle is driven more. 310 /12.4 gallons is 25 mpg, 270 is 21.77 mpg. Both are quite low, but if you do a lot of stop and go driving and drive even moderately aggressively that would explain the low figures.

But the only things that may affect the mileage that severely without making the car drive like crap are things like the tires air pressure.
i do alot of stop and go. I drive mainly residential roads when driving from home to work and back. Probably hit about 10-13 stop signs on the way.

and my avg mpg is 26.4
Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #106
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOn20s View Post
i do alot of stop and go. I drive mainly residential roads when driving from home to work and back. Probably hit about 10-13 stop signs on the way.

and my avg mpg is 26.4
Sounds about right

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post

make that /11 or 11.4 MAX. That last gallon is reserve, and even half of that is vapor. Being the genius I am, I knew my exact mileage and tried to run the car down to the very last drop which coincided with a local gas station....needless to say I was very surprised when it conked out halfway there haha
Old 02-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #107
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
This isn't new to v3.5.1 (I've seen it in older versions) but it sure seems to have gotten a lot worse...

My backup camera settings will not remain in place. Basically, every time I start the car, it resets the active guides to the 'off' setting.

I was at the dealer this morning and they told me their service manual (latest edition, but I didn't get a version number from them) states that this is normal. Specifically, my invoice reads, "customer states check reverse camera settings reset every time put in reverse - advise normal operation."

Certainly this can't be the case...?

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #108
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thumbs down Normal is not always good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
This isn't new to v3.5.1 (I've seen it in older versions) but it sure seems to have gotten a lot worse...

My backup camera settings will not remain in place. Basically, every time I start the car, it resets the active guides to the 'off' setting.

I was at the dealer this morning and they told me their service manual (latest edition, but I didn't get a version number from them) states that this is normal. Specifically, my invoice reads, "customer states check reverse camera settings reset every time put in reverse - advise normal operation."

It is happening to me as well, new car. Evidently, it is "normal" but that doesn't mean it is good...
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
Old 02-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #109
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post

I believe you posted this in another thread as well IIRC. As I replied, the issue seems to be caused by shifting into reverse before MFT has fully booted. Wait until MFT has booted and the setting will stick.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #110
OPsDad
Focus Addict

Fan#: 108661
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
...the issue seems to be caused by shifting into reverse before MFT has fully booted. Wait until MFT has booted and the setting will stick.
Thanks for that. Now I know, and it makes sense, due to the fact that I back out of my parking spot. Perhaps I'll start backing IN to it, avoiding the issue.
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro

Bookmarks & Social Networks