2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle) - Page 178 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #1771
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn146 View Post
...I don't have time to keep going to the dealer so they can keep replacing the same parts that aren't fixing the problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
+1 this... Still no fix here...
jrn146 & Shade-010,

I promise itís important to me that this is resolved, so donít hesitate to drop me a line for help.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #1772
jrn146
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 275
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red SE 5 door 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 jrn146 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
At least some of you have at least gotten parts replaced.
Believe me, it was only this forum and me basically pleading with the service manager that got them to do the TSB. At that time it seemed to be fixing at lease some cars. When it didn't help the manager said Ford told him he couldn't do anything else unless Ford came up with something.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #1773
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
At least some of you have at least gotten parts replaced.
I did! And they were either defective or installed incorrectly. Maybe both.

Getting them (correctly) replaced a second time proved to be an impossible task for me. One that I eventually gave up. My CSM would just tell me that a Ford dealer first has to diagnose the problem, and the dealer would just say they couldn't duplicate the problem, or that it was normal, or (paradoxically!) both.

I simply could not get her to have the TSB that started my problems done again at another dealership. This is the sort of thing that can happen when your CSM is loyal to 'their' dealership instead of their customers. Again I say that Ford needs to change this.

I have worked in IT support for a very, very long time. I can tell you firsthand that when a tech is assigned to support a particular application or piece of hardware, it changes their outlook. They start seeing users with problems as something to be defended against, instead of people in need of assistance.

Customer service representatives should be _representing customers_ with the goal of delivering service. They shouldn't be defending "their domain" against people with legitimate issues.... but that's what they did to me. I was completely stonewalled from the moment I said "I think your dealership screwed my car up." Little did I know that for the person I was speaking to, it really was 'their' dealership.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1774
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I found that the strut bearings and mounts are very sensitive to being installed properly, so I would attribute their premature failure to incorrect installation. A hamfisted tech with an inclination to use the air tools at all costs to save time isn't out of the question.

The torque specs for the fasteners are hyper-critical, otherwise you'll experience the clunking, and even creaking and/or squeaking if everything is torqued past spec.

The ultimate issue here, is finding people who give a rat's ass.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #1775
empowah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91459
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 1 empowah Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn146 View Post
Cory, unless you and Ford have a fix for us please don't waste our time. I'm sure you have pretty much all of our Vin's and contact info. I don't have time to keep going to the dealer so they can keep replacing the same parts that aren't fixing the problem. For the record, when the TSB was done on mine it was done to both sides. It made no difference at all in my car.
This. There's no point in working with the dealer if Ford themselves do not have a fix. My dealer rode with me in the car and heard the noise -- but there's nothing they can do.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #1776
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by empowah View Post
This. There's no point in working with the dealer if Ford themselves do not have a fix. My dealer rode with me in the car and heard the noise -- but there's nothing they can do.
Yep. It seems like Ford customer service enjoys wasting your time by having you take you car to a dealership to demonstrate a problem, leave it there for an entire day for service, and then pick it up later to be told both that they couldn't reproduce the problem and that it's normal.

I didn't want to be to work on time anyways. And I can always do tomorrow what I didn't get done today because I had to leave early to pick up my (not fixed) car and have my intelligence insulted.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #1777
Strix
Focus Addict

Quote:
I found that the strut bearings and mounts are very sensitive to being installed properly, so I would attribute their premature failure to incorrect installation.
Yeah... I'd mention that to dealership staff, but they've never listened to a single thing I've said before. I mentioned repeatedly that I suspected my clutch was contaminated with oil, but it didn't get fixed until I took it in for the third or fourth time, and told them I don't want the car back until it drives like the rental I had been given.

NOTE TO FORD DEALERS: if you are going to tell people that the obvious problems with their car are 'normal', you probably should avoid renting them the same model car. When the rental doesn't have the same problem, it undermines your "it's normal" argument considerably.

Quote:
The ultimate issue here, is finding people who give a rat's ass.
Aye. That is indeed the issue.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #1778
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Dropped mine off today. I didn't even make an appt. I took the family out lastnight and my wife says. What is that noise? It was horrendous!. Clunk Clak, Clunk clunk. Ugh!. My usual service guy was off today but another service rep was always helpful and asked if I would mind having a tech ride with me. So James comes out and very pleasant to deal with. Luckily it barely made the noise enough for him to hear. Funny how its like that. Anyhow, he said he could def hear it and asked if I could leave it with him for the day. I told him about 6mos ago my regular service rep had the TSB completed on it that involved replacing struts, bearings, plates, etc. but this was performed only on the right side.

I guess we'll see what they tell me later today.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #1779
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
NOTE TO FORD DEALERS: if you are going to tell people that the obvious problems with their car are 'normal', you probably should avoid renting them the same model car. When the rental doesn't have the same problem, it undermines your "it's normal" argument considerably.
Hahaha
Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #1780
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 8 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I still need to get mine in to work for another round of rattle hunting, whenever I can.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.

Bookmarks & Social Networks