FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #81
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107386
What I Drive: 2011 Black Ford Focus SE 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 TMDJ5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's a video I just did of the noise I'm talking about. Its just at the beginning of each rev. It's that chirping/whistle sound. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy9hsowQzYQ
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #82
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

And what's that big exhale the engine takes at the very end. Listen for when I kill the engine at the end. That's off-putting too.

Sorry for the questions, just getting used to all these new sounds and I have a very hard time trusting my work.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #83
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
That whistle you hear is a leak of some sort. check those two hoses that connect to the intake. After you tighten up the hoses unplug your negative battery cable for about 10 mins then reconnect it. This will reset the ecu. start the car and let it idle for about 10 mins then take it for a ride around the block. see if it is still making the weird noises. If so wait it out as you drive 50 miles over the next day or two and see if it continues. the pcm needs to readjust to the intake and it takes a little time to do it.
Galatians 6:14
Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #84
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

That hose that hooks up under the bottom of the intake, do you remember if that's should be pushed all the way through the rubber fitting? Or should it seat right in the middle of it?

And the other hose that connects to the valve cover I don't trust either. I forced it in as deep as it can go but it's not secured by anything. It's just sort of wedged. I know it's not the silicone end links. Those are even and the clamps are tight and when I have my dad rev the engine that hissing noise is coming from one of the two pipes. I'll try fiddling around with tomorrow after work.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #85
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Hey Crice, do you any experience with the prefilter? I was listening as close as possible with my sis tapping the gas and I'm pretty sure I isolated that hissing sound coming from down where the filter is. It could be the silicone coupling, clamps or filter but its definitely down in that area. The reason I ask is that the prefilter feels and sounds like that cheap-swooshie pants, wind breaker material. The type of material that would make that sound. I have a hunch it could just be the air getting sucked through that. It's definitely down in the filter area, an area I can't see directly into, all the hoses and seals up at the top of the intake/throttle body are tight and sealed.

Jus figured I'd suggest that in case you did have the prefilter and yours doesn't make that sound. I could rule that out. If not then I'm gonna have to remove splash guard and take a good look at that end.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #86
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

I guess it would just make more sense for me to take the prefilter off and then see if it makes that sound still. But I just ran out of daylight. I'll update you tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #87
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMDJ5 View Post
Hey Crice, do you any experience with the prefilter? I was listening as close as possible with my sis tapping the gas and I'm pretty sure I isolated that hissing sound coming from down where the filter is. It could be the silicone coupling, clamps or filter but its definitely down in that area. The reason I ask is that the prefilter feels and sounds like that cheap-swooshie pants, wind breaker material. The type of material that would make that sound. I have a hunch it could just be the air getting sucked through that. It's definitely down in the filter area, an area I can't see directly into, all the hoses and seals up at the top of the intake/throttle body are tight and sealed.

Jus figured I'd suggest that in case you did have the prefilter and yours doesn't make that sound. I could rule that out. If not then I'm gonna have to remove splash guard and take a good look at that end.
Sorry for the late response. Yes I have a prefilter and have had several since I first got my cai. I do not have the sound you have so I do not think it is that. I would check the couple again
Galatians 6:14
Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #88
QuickSiR
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108256
What I Drive: 2009 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 QuickSiR Good Standing Member
Well, last saturday it was finally nice enough outside to be able to install the FSWERKS intake on my 2009 Focus SE.

I experienced every single problem the OP did.

1- Intake rubber coupling too big for the throttlebody.

2- Couldn't screw the intake rubber mount properly. The whole is too small.

3- MAF sensor wire too short to connect.

4- Hose coming from the valve cover too short (2-3 inches) to connect to the intake.

5- The one at the bottom also is too short and doesn't look like it would fit anyway. So I guess I'm suppose to use the rubber cover. But what do I do with the 2nd hose then?

I'm confused. I mean, I installed entire turbo kits that where easier then that.

The instructions were useless because the pictures and instruction didn't fit my car at all.

I reinstalled the stock airbox and gave up after an hour of going nowhere.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #89
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSiR View Post
Well, last saturday it was finally nice enough outside to be able to install the FSWERKS intake on my 2009 Focus SE.

I experienced every single problem the OP did.

1- Intake rubber coupling too big for the throttlebody.

2- Couldn't screw the intake rubber mount properly. The whole is too small.

3- MAF sensor wire too short to connect.

4- Hose coming from the valve cover too short (2-3 inches) to connect to the intake.

5- The one at the bottom also is too short and doesn't look like it would fit anyway. So I guess I'm suppose to use the rubber cover. But what do I do with the 2nd hose then?

I'm confused. I mean, I installed entire turbo kits that where easier then that.

The instructions were useless because the pictures and instruction didn't fit my car at all.

I reinstalled the stock airbox and gave up after an hour of going nowhere.
My Focus is an '11, so I think theres a few differences so i'll try to help where I can. For #3, I just used a pair of dikes and cut the white christmas tree clips that secures the wiring harness so the body. Just cut those plastic clips to give you a little more slack.

For #4, you probably never removed the plastic connector off of the stock intake. That was a mistake I made. It came up short until I realized I forgot that piece. You'll need that.

#5, Assuming youre referring to the elbow hose for the vacuum booster, the hose that goes on the underside of the intake, I seated the rubber seal in first and then put some lube around the the top of the hose and gently slid it in. If you dont lube it, the rubber seel will keep popping up into the intake and sliding all the way down into the filter. I learned that the hard way.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #90
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

That whole afternoon was riddled with just "Wow, I'm an idiot." after another... Lol.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.