what should i do on my 2010 focus ses? - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #31
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,392
Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
And just a heads up before you start hearing that tousley ford parts no longer carrys the kits, they do. They ran out at one point but now show to be in stock again(=

go to tousleyfordparts.com
click on the ford racing button on the lower left of the screen
click chassis
click suspension-focus
You will need the M-18000-ZX3B which is the shocks and struts and the M-5560-ZXM1 which is the springs.

Links for tousley don't work on ff so that is why I gave you the process to get there lol
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #32
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do the 3D Carbon Kit! I got my kit for $442 shipped and got the pieces painted and an alignment for $200 (this was under the table at the dealership my mom works at). It is the best thing I have done to my car. A couple of my friends were like dude we can't believe you bought a grandma car and it looks like this now!

old rims





new ses rims, excuse the dirt!


A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #33
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,392
Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
While you got a spectacular deal on the painting price, it will be very expensive for others to have theirs painted. For the front lip alone to be painted was going to be over $150 anywhere I went. Unless a member gets very lucky like you did they will easily pay more for having the kit painted than the $442 for the kit.
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #34
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
While you got a spectacular deal on the painting price, it will be very expensive for others to have theirs painted. For the front lip alone to be painted was going to be over $150 anywhere I went. Unless a member gets very lucky like you did they will easily pay more for having the kit painted than the $442 for the kit.
Absolutely lol. I know somebody for everything.
I do paint myself though, the only reason I did not paint the pieces is I don't have a painting area during the winter.
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #35
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,392
Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Absolutely lol. I know somebody for everything.
I do paint myself though, the only reason I did not paint the pieces is I don't have a painting area during the winter.
Yeah my car did not come with painted door handles or mirror covers as it was an se. so I was having the 3dcarbon front lip and the primered handles and mirror caps all painted at the same time. My quotes just to have these items painted ranged from $290-428. And that was just to have them painted. I found a guy who did body work on the side for cheap but even then it cost me $220 and he was doing it out of his garage with his paint setup. When i asked a couple of the body shops what the whole kit would cost to be painted( i had 4 unpainted full kits at the time and 5 of varying colors at my apt haha) they said somewhere in the ballpark of $575-700 to paint the full kit. I sold the fully pre painted kits to members on here for $350 shipped lol
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #36
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
Yeah my car did not come with painted door handles or mirror covers as it was an se. so I was having the 3dcarbon front lip and the primered handles and mirror caps all painted at the same time. My quotes just to have these items painted ranged from $290-428. And that was just to have them painted. I found a guy who did body work on the side for cheap but even then it cost me $220 and he was doing it out of his garage with his paint setup. When i asked a couple of the body shops what the whole kit would cost to be painted( i had 4 unpainted full kits at the time and 5 of varying colors at my apt haha) they said somewhere in the ballpark of $575-700 to paint the full kit. I sold the fully pre painted kits to members on here for $350 shipped lol
here's my issue with body places. You are paying for a skill. They know you will pay it because you don't know how to do it yourself. I prepped the pieces right there in front of the shop manager and he said I don't expect to see you even done with these 4 pieces within an hour. 45 minutes later I asked him ok what's next?

So Lets call it one hour to prep and $100-125 for paint.
Painting doesn't take long, you walk in the booth. Lay a coat on all the pieces and walk out. Total time consumed in set up and paint is less than 2 hours.

Totals
$125 for paint
3 Hours of prep and paint.

So at your figure of $700 you are paying the guy nearly $200 an hour to paint

Uhm how about no? lol



So if you don't know what you are doing or how it works they take advantage of you. The guy that did my kit was happy to get paid shop time to paint it, he even then got paid to help me install it and I threw him a tip. Don't let them take advantage of you, most of the time you're paying for is them waiting/working on something else.
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #37
crice8
Focus Fanatic
 
crice8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Fan#: 84830
Location: tyler, TX
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

Posts: 3,392
Points 8,390, Level 61
Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61 Points: 8,390, Level: 61
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
here's my issue with body places. You are paying for a skill. They know you will pay it because you don't know how to do it yourself. I prepped the pieces right there in front of the shop manager and he said I don't expect to see you even done with these 4 pieces within an hour. 45 minutes later I asked him ok what's next?

So Lets call it one hour to prep and $100-125 for paint.
Painting doesn't take long, you walk in the booth. Lay a coat on all the pieces and walk out. Total time consumed in set up and paint is less than 2 hours.

Totals
$125 for paint
3 Hours of prep and paint.

So at your figure of $700 you are paying the guy nearly $200 an hour to paint

Uhm how about no? lol



So if you don't know what you are doing or how it works they take advantage of you. The guy that did my kit was happy to get paid shop time to paint it, he even then got paid to help me install it and I threw him a tip. Don't let them take advantage of you, most of the time you're paying for is them waiting/working on something else.
But you see, you are assuming everyone here has a nice paint setup, compressor, etc. Most people don't. I could have drove home to my parents to do it but here at college I have an apt and no means to setup a full booth. many members here do not posses the skills nor the space much less the equipment needed for good results. So the body shops must factor in all overhead costs as well as equipment usage costs and such. All im getting at is, don't talk him into buying the kit then telling him it will only cost about $200 to have it painted lol. He will end up with a kit sitting in the corner for a long time unpainted and uninstalled.
__________________
Galatians 6:14
crice8 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #38
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast
 
A7xschecter6661's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Fan#: 98263
Location: Binghamton, NY
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

Posts: 370
FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
But you see, you are assuming everyone here has a nice paint setup, compressor, etc. Most people don't. I could have drove home to my parents to do it but here at college I have an apt and no means to setup a full booth. many members here do not posses the skills nor the space much less the equipment needed for good results. So the body shops must factor in all overhead costs as well as equipment usage costs and such. All im getting at is, don't talk him into buying the kit then telling him it will only cost about $200 to have it painted lol. He will end up with a kit sitting in the corner for a long time unpainted and uninstalled.
The only way to learn is to try

My first car I got the GT body panels and bumpers and went to town! Couple runs in the clear coat but no biggy. Then I learned about single stage paint and painted a motorcycle for my mom. It came out awesome!

Any my gun was like 20 years old and my air compressor is tiny!
A7xschecter6661 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #39
indy_11
Panamasian
 
indy_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81404
Location: Norfolk, VA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

Posts: 2,581
FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
lower it



buy an intake (tune is recommended)



paint the outline of your tails



purchase an exhuast (these cars aren't mine. my exhaust is not made anymore so it'd be pointless)

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


keep the ses badge

i wouldn't plastidip your wheels because...well i'm against it. but this is what they would look like black






^^^this is the frpp kit everyone is recommending

tip: the buy-sell-trade section is your friend. I haven't hit $1000 in mods and i'm in college so i know how you feel. only thing I've bought brand new is my springs. happy modding. and if you have any questions or would lke more suggestions feel free to pm me. or anyone you wish. hope it's a manual. good looking car.
__________________
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
indy_11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 AM   #40
indy_11
Panamasian
 
indy_11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Fan#: 81404
Location: Norfolk, VA
What I Drive: 2011 Blue Flame SES

Posts: 2,581
FF Reputation: 7 indy_11 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7xschecter6661 View Post
Do the 3D Carbon Kit! I got my kit for $442 shipped and got the pieces painted and an alignment for $200 (this was under the table at the dealership my mom works at). It is the best thing I have done to my car. A couple of my friends were like dude we can't believe you bought a grandma car and it looks like this now!

old rims





new ses rims, excuse the dirt!


its so dirty but i guess i know what my car will look like with a 3dcarbon kit. thanks lol
__________________
2011 Blue Flame Focus SES #011
December 2011 ROTM Winner! :)
I always take a poo before driving to reduce weight and increase performance
you tell me your auto is fun to drive, I laugh in your face.
indy_11 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat