Another One Bites The Dust - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #61
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98516
Location: Bangor, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

Posts: 341
FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All I can say to all this is my new Mazda3 has been flawless for the first 500 miles, and there's no reason for that to change as far as I've seen and heard.

No clunks .... no rattles .... no squeaks ... no buzzing headliner .... no falling down headliner ... no annoyances at all ... and better mileage (35 MPG+ in combined varied driving) ..... PRICELESS. Simply a pleasure to drive .... just what a new car is SUPPOSED to be .... and what a lot of our Focuses WERE NOT.

THAT .... is why people are dumping these things at ANY cost.


REV

Last edited by revhigh; 01-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.
revhigh is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #62
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast
 
hand-filer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90895
Location: Wpg, Canada
What I Drive: One less Ford

Posts: 343
FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
All I can say is that this thread no longer serves any useful purpose.
__________________
2012 Mustang Brembo GT - Kona Blue
2013 Acura RDX - Alabaster Silver
hand-filer is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #63
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict
 
hotleadsingerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86687
Location: Cleveland, United States
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

Posts: 882
FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
All I can say is that this thread no longer serves any useful purpose.
Neither did your post. Maybe we should complain about that in a verbal way, as opposed to just not responding or participating.


It's a valid topic...some people are getting rid of their cars, and new users to this forum might want to know why. A healthy explanation and discussion could help them in how they choose to spend $20-$30k.
hotleadsingerguy is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #64
hand-filer
Focus Enthusiast
 
hand-filer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90895
Location: Wpg, Canada
What I Drive: One less Ford

Posts: 343
FF Reputation: 1 hand-filer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Neither did your post. Maybe we should complain about that in a verbal way, as opposed to just not responding or participating.


It's a valid topic...some people are getting rid of their cars, and new users to this forum might want to know why. A healthy explanation and discussion could help them in how they choose to spend $20-$30k.
It was valid at the beginning. Now it's straying way off topic and it's turning into a bitch fest.
__________________
2012 Mustang Brembo GT - Kona Blue
2013 Acura RDX - Alabaster Silver
hand-filer is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #65
chum567
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Fan#: 86507
Location: Montgomery, AL
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

Posts: 192
FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Man i came to this seeing 7 pages and I see things got a little interesting lol
chum567 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #66
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98516
Location: Bangor, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

Posts: 341
FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hand-filer View Post
It was valid at the beginning. Now it's straying way off topic and it's turning into a bitch fest.
I really don't understand why some people have such a problem if they hear something negative.
It's just a stupid car ... some have problems some don't have problems why put your head in the sand?

REV
revhigh is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #67
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 99369
Location: San Diego, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

Posts: 104
FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
All I can say to all this is my new Mazda3 has been flawless for the first 500 miles, and there's no reason for that to change as far as I've seen and heard.

No clunks .... no rattles .... no squeaks ... no buzzing headliner .... no falling down headliner ... no annoyances at all ... and better mileage (35 MPG+ in combined varied driving) ..... PRICELESS. Simply a pleasure to drive .... just what a new car is SUPPOSED to be .... and what a lot of our Focuses WERE NOT. THAT .... is why people are dumping these things at ANY cost.


REV
Dude ok, we get it. I will be another to say that I have had my Focus for about 8 months now, it has 7,700 miles and I have zero issues. And it's a blast to drive.

For every one person on this board that said they dumped it, there are probably thousands of other people, on this board or not, that are happy with their Focus.

These threads are a joke really. As is any problem thread on the internet for any product. Of course people with problems will come on the internet and vent. Just think about how many people who bought these cars that are happy and aren't posting on the internet.
WizeGuyDezignz is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #68
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2012
Fan#: 98516
Location: Bangor, PA
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

Posts: 341
FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As I said ... some are good ... some are not so good ... why do people want to try to hide the problems that do exist.

You can usually tell what a thread is going to be about ... if it is about something that you are not interested in or don't want to hear why read it ?

REV
revhigh is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #69
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 94835
Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

Posts: 360
FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
You can usually tell what a thread is going to be about ... if it is about something that you are not interested in or don't want to hear why read it ?

REV

I've haven't always agreed with Rev's posts (not that it matters, LOL), but this post is the best I've seen on this thread, even this forum. Great advice, and I have to remind myself of that one as well. (If the thread doesn't really pertain to you, or, you don't agree with it, or, you really can't offer any insight or value to said thread, don't bother posting). Nothing wrong with exchanging opinions, but, nobody's opinion is "wrong", that's the beauty of it. Its not personal, and if someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are "e-thugging" you or being disrespectful. Thanks for reminding us Rev of something we all tend to forget at times.
__________________
2012 Focus SEL 5 door 303a w/Lux pkg in KonaBlue
2012 Escape Limited w/park assist
2010 F150 Supercrew XTR 5.4 4x4
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
pozi240 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #70
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 106663
Location: Sunny SoCal, CA
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Posts: 227
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post

I've haven't always agreed with Rev's posts (not that it matters, LOL), but this post is the best I've seen on this thread, even this forum. Great advice, and I have to remind myself of that one as well. (If the thread doesn't really pertain to you, or, you don't agree with it, or, you really can't offer any insight or value to said thread, don't bother posting). Nothing wrong with exchanging opinions, but, nobody's opinion is "wrong", that's the beauty of it. Its not personal, and if someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they are "e-thugging" you or being disrespectful. Thanks for reminding us Rev of something we all tend to forget at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
As I said ... some are good ... some are not so good ... why do people want to try to hide the problems that do exist.

You can usually tell what a thread is going to be about ... if it is about something that you are not interested in or don't want to hear why read it ?

REV


Very well stated.
Just Tom is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.