Another One Bites The Dust - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #51
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Curiously enough, the fix for the (1.6L EB) engine fires is a software update.
It's crazy, isn't it? That's one thing that I don't really like because it's not like it's open source. So if in the year 2050 I'm trying to restore an "old" Fusion that keeps starting on fire, I'm going to have one hell of a time before I realize it's one of the first few cars of the model year that didn't have the recall applied, etc.

Even with this Focus, I know there's an updated BCM, but I can't really get it applied unless I complain about something.

EDIT: But then again, if it is a recall it'd probably get taken care of...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #52
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
It's crazy, isn't it? That's one thing that I don't really like because it's not like it's open source. So if in the year 2050 I'm trying to restore an "old" Fusion that keeps starting on fire, I'm going to have one hell of a time before I realize it's one of the first few cars of the model year that didn't have the recall applied, etc.

Even with this Focus, I know there's an updated BCM, but I can't really get it applied unless I complain about something.

EDIT: But then again, if it is a recall it'd probably get taken care of...
Quote:
What is the issue?
There is a risk of a vehicle fire that starts in the engine compartment in 2013 model year Escapes and Fusions with 1.6-liter engines. A sequence of events causes the cooling system design to restrict engine coolant flow. This typically is not an issue, but, in combination with a cooling system pressure loss, could result in extreme overheat, which can then lead to fluid leaks that may come in contact with the hot exhaust system, resulting in a fire.
Sequence of events:
 A cooling system pressure loss occurs
 Cooling system software restricts engine coolant flow
 Could result in extreme engine overheating
 Could lead to fluid leaks that may come in contact with a hot exhaust system, resulting in fire
So their solution is to force the valves open even after the vehicle has lost coolant pressure. Is this enough to prevent a fire? Only time will tell.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #53
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
This ought to be good. Why would you want to restore a Fusion, in 2050 or ever?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #54
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
And I'm fairly certain you've been called far worse things than 'pompous windbag'.
Thanks. Coming from you, I will take that as a compliment. [bootyshak
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #55
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Thanks. Coming from you, I will take that as a compliment. [bootyshak
Take it any way you like. I'm sure everyone who knows you compliments you similarly.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #56
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
Take it any way you like. I'm sure everyone who knows you compliments you similarly.
Can you guys take this to PMs or something? none of the rest of the internet cares.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #57
Sean05
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62491
What I Drive: 13' ST2

FF Reputation: 5 Sean05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Sounds like some bickering lol should learn to drive a manual. The problem is in thw clutches slipping due to apease fat americans anyways no probs with my 5 speed neener neener

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using FF Mobile
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #58
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
Sounds like some bickering lol should learn to drive a manual. The problem is in thw clutches slipping due to apease fat americans anyways no probs with my 5 speed neener neener
That's some nice trolling, LOL.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #59
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb911 View Post
its weird hearing all these stories of horrible customer service and horrible quality. my focus has a few faults but that is expected in a BRAND NEW MODEL with A FIRST YEAR PRODUCTION ON NEW TOOLING. I have taken mine back for a rattling headliner and a rattling passenger seat along with a wind noise issue with the microphone. Every time I have been treated extremely well with an explanation of the steps involved and the shop foreman speaking to me when the situation could not be duplicated the first time. Hell half the time the foreman would come up with a decision on his own as to why the part failed and would fix it with better results than the standard Ford Recommendation. Compared to what I went through with Chrysler I would buy another Ford in a heartbeat! A majority of complaints I see is with the DCT Transmission and honestly I am shocked at how many people buy a car and are oblivious to what they are buying it is an automated manual transmission with a dry clutch...there's a simple solution just buy a regular manual transmission car and reap the benefits or more durable usage, better gas mileage, longer service life, and the knowledge that regardless of fail it still can be used to drive to a garage or safe spot in order to be fixed. To those who say they do not want a manual transmission or have a leg problem that prevents them from doing so may I suggest the 2013 Ford Fusion?
Two small things: I've been treated with respect by the dealerships, but they've just been unhelpful and uninformative. They've said there was nothing wrong or that something I did caused the problems. The other thing is that I know exactly what a dual-clutch auto transmission should feel like...I've driven *many* cars that employ this technology. None drive or act the way it did in the Focus. I'm not just comparing a GT-R or high-performance Audi...I'm talking about a variety of cars. On top of it, the Focus drove *great* until the initial TCU update. Since that point, I couldn't stand it. I got it reflashed 3 or 4 times to no avail.

Also, when I purchased my Titanium there was no manual gearbox offered...and at the time they were saying they weren't even sure there would *be* one. In order to get the features I wanted I had to get the Titanium...so I was forced to also get the DCT. Most of the issues I can live with, but the thing dropping completely out of gear while traveling at 70mph down the highway in rush hour traffic with no way to get it back *into* gear besides shutting off the car and turning it back on? Priceless. Good thing the dealership couldn't replicate it and said "Maybe you popped it into Neutral", as if I were a 15 year old with my temporary permit and not someone with 10+ years of race experience driving cars more expensive than Ford's entire lineup combined.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #60
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
This ought to be good. Why would you want to restore a Fusion, in 2050 or ever?
I don't know? I figure if there's still an active website for 1989 Ford Festivas, someone might still be driving a Fusion in the year 2050. lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks