How to cancel the maintenance package-ESP - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I canceled mine because my dealership wouldn't do anything about the problems on car, so I was paying the money for nothing.
Good point - kinda where I am right now. So I'm hoping the clutch breaks to the point that it becomes undriveable (is that a real word?) so that I can finally claim something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #12
Bogey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104241
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Bogey Good Standing Member
My Breaks and clutch will most likely, hopefully wear out before 100K I do slot of city driving and am constantly going through the gears, that's th e only way I would see it as worth the money, and I have 0% financing so the over all cost is the same.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
PDQEagle
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9356
What I Drive: 03 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 11 PDQEagle Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Good point - kinda where I am right now. So I'm hoping the clutch breaks to the point that it becomes undriveable (is that a real word?) so that I can finally claim something.
Don't know about this warranty, but generally brakes and clutch aren't covered, and Ford can be very selective on how they help you out
Old 01-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #14
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDQEagle View Post
Don't know about this warranty, but generally brakes and clutch aren't covered, and Ford can be very selective on how they help you out
We have allegedly recieved confirmation one or two FCS characters ago that for the Powershift DCT the "clutch pack" is supposedly covered with all tiers of ESP above Powertrain Care, as it is analagous to a Torque converter and therefore we have no control over how it functions unlike with a traditional sliding gear manual like the MTX-75 or the MMT6.

So barring this being false information the automatic transmission should be covered by the service contract. If it isn't then we've been lied to again....
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #15
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
We have allegedly recieved confirmation one or two FCS characters ago that for the Powershift DCT the "clutch pack" is supposedly covered with all tiers of ESP above Powertrain Care, as it is analagous to a Torque converter and therefore we have no control over how it functions unlike with a traditional sliding gear manual like the MTX-75 or the MMT6.

So barring this being false information the automatic transmission should be covered by the service contract. If it isn't then we've been lied to again....
Suss,

How has your car held up? Any major issues?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
Suss,

How has your car held up? Any major issues?
Besides poor dealer network service, and the fact that when I was busy I wasn't able to bring the car back immediately for the hood to headlamp rubbing through the paint, or the fact that the tail lamp scrapes into the paint bur Ford just said the car had been hit when it had never been at the time and refused to fix it.

It then did get hit on the front corner twice now, once within hours of getting it back, when I left work at the end of the day to help my now deceased grandfather move out of his old Apartment while he was recovering from a Stroke.

The suspension is kind of noisy over rough pavement even at speed. Not interested in hearing the that's normal speech from the dealer, but I don't want them tearing apart the front suspension for no good reason either and making things worse.

The engine seems to be working ok, and 83xx miles in the transmission is generally well behaved so far.

The speakers aren't so great and tend to buzz and or rattle some times at certain volumes on tracks, but they are the cheap o.e. 6 speaker set up, etc..

Overall had I not ordered a 12 I might have waited for an ST only, or to have shopped elsewhere.

I do tend to flip between letting it drive itself and driving around in manual mode quite often though. Sometimes (maybe often gently) othertimes winding it all the way out.

Driving only in town right after a refueling and idling all the time i.e. at a carwash or something is devastating to fuel economy in case you didn't already know this.

My current 10 mile /direction commute is probably about the bottom where it would still average nearly 30-34 mpg in winter around here afaik, but I'm not sure.

Car drives well, I don't dread going out to get into it before or after work, but I still haven't driven it longer than 4 hours at a time so far. I wanted to take a road trip over the holidays but it just didn't work out this time.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #17
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Funny I should find this thread. I just called ESP Sales info line today to ask about canceling my Maintenance plan. They directed me to contact my dealer. The finance guy when I bought my car was relentless on letting me leave without a maintenance plan and I regret that I caved. I convinced myself that I am getting free oil changes now, etc etc. Well the reality has finally set in for me. Because my schedule oil changes are every 7500 miles. That comes out to be about 2 oil changes per year and I know I can change my own oil twice a year cheaper at my own convenience than having to arrange to drop the car off at the dealer, take a shuttle to work and find someone to run be back up there to pick it up.

The guy at the dealership said I would need to stop in and sign the paperwork and they would refund the difference to my loan.

The Clutch paks on the DCT, I was told were not included in this plan.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
The Clutch paks on the DCT, I was told were not included in this plan.
The ESP documentation seems to concur with this, but apparently FCS claims otherwise, although I'd have to take their word with a huge grain of salt after how useless they have been in responding to issues I've had with the vehicle that the dealer refuses to acknowledge or repair because Ford says its normal because the dealer told them it was working normally, or that it was something I had done to the car. I'm tempted to cancel it and try to get my money back (well minus the prorated part) since I haven't been able to get any value out of it yet, but idk.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #19
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I'm tempted to cancel it and try to get my money back (well minus the prorated part) since I haven't been able to get any value out of it yet, but idk.
Good point! I could cancel mine and use the money to buy the $800 worth of parts to replace my clutch. lol

I even paid for things like first day rental that I've never been able to use anyway.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #20
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Good point! I could cancel mine and use the money to buy the $800 worth of parts to replace my clutch. lol

I even paid for things like first day rental that I've never been able to use anyway.
I at least got a rental once, but they still said no problem found with the seat heater mats, which I'm not so sure about when they told me one thing but told Ford something to the effect of it getting to 125F per the ids tool but they told me it read 90-100F at the mat which was close to 25-35F below the spec and I've only ever measured 100F or so on days when the cabin was over 118F from solar gain and the heater cooled down the seat.

I still had to pay for the fuel for the Fusion, and I wasn't terribly happy with it.

It still doesn't necessarily seem worth it though so far.

Bookmarks & Social Networks