Cruze Takes Top Spot in August - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd like to see a chart that shows what trim level the Average Cruze is sold with. I'd be willing to bet that Ford sells more premium trim cars than Chevrolet any day. The same goes for the other brands as well. I see more base model buckets of the other guys while most of the people driving a Focus have stepped up to SE Sport or Titanium level packages.

Ford might be selling fewer cars but more people are spending more money with Ford than other brands.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
sterg
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86158
What I Drive: 2012 Focuse SE Kona blue

FF Reputation: 1 sterg Good Standing Member
I wanted the Cruze. I also wanted a standard. The Cruze standard was on the base model with no frills and steel wheels with covers. We looked at Corollas, and the salesman was arrogant, and basically said the sticker was the price, and they would not look for a standard. What was on the lot was what was for sale. I walked out. We then went to Ford to look at the fusion, and Focus. The focus I saw was an SE with 4 wheel disks,and mags. Right then I was impressed. When I got inside and saw heated seats, moonroof, leather steering wheel,I decided to talk. A few grand more than the base Cruze, but under 20, at 18, I was happy. I am a GM guy but I liked the idea Ford didn't take a bailout.
Moonroof
Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #13
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I'd like to see a chart that shows what trim level the Average Cruze is sold with. I'd be willing to bet that Ford sells more premium trim cars than Chevrolet any day. The same goes for the other brands as well. I see more base model buckets of the other guys while most of the people driving a Focus have stepped up to SE Sport or Titanium level packages.

Ford might be selling fewer cars but more people are spending more money with Ford than other brands.
This was posted a while back. Only about 11% of '12 Focuses were Titanium. They were projecting 12% for '13.

https://fmcstage.dealerconnection.co...gingJobAid.pdf
Old 09-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #14
craigsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97985
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 6 craigsfocus Good Standing Member
I looked at a Cruze while car shopping. Test Drove one and everything. It was alright but I felt that the Technology was lacking compared to the Focus and it looks boring compared to the Focus, inside and out. I felt the Cruze had less power which is sad because it was Turbocharged, 138 HP is sad for a Turbocharged engine. My previous car was a 2007 Chevy Equinox LT AWD, that thing left me stranded 3 times and left my wife and mother in law stranded the day I deployed to Afghanistan. GM Customer Service were disrespectful to me and my wife while trying to get it repaired. Luckily the Chevy Dealership I took my Equinox were respectful and kept me in the loop, excellent customer service during the repair. But my feelings toward GM are bad, so its gonna be a extremely long time til I buy another newer GM product. They don't stand behind their products what so ever.

Active Duty US Army. MOS 91E (Machinist). OEF Vet.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #15
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
But then I discovered some videos of them randomly catching on fire and said no thanks.
You don't like a little bit of excitement in your life?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
You don't like a little bit of excitement in your life?
Sure a little, but I can do without this: (couldn't embed for some reason)

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by zetecDon; 01-08-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #17
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
As a 2011 Cruze/2012 Focus household, I may tell you that my wife likes my Focus more than her Cruze. Can't say what I think of her Cruze, prolly be banned.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
As a 2011 Cruze/2012 Focus household, I may tell you that my wife likes my Focus more than her Cruze. Can't say what I think of her Cruze, prolly be banned.
So to put it mildly you think its rubbish, and your wife is in lust with the focus more than her cruze, lol.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #19
Justintoxicated
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103386
What I Drive: Silver Focus 2012 Titanium MFT

FF Reputation: 1 Justintoxicated Good Standing Member
From my experience the word focus has a lot of negative connotation's associated with it. Cheap quality etc, lots of problems etc. So people are not out to look at the redesigned 12/13. Also the cruze isn't bad, its heavier, but the 6 speed manual I drove seemed to have a superior ride to my automatic focus. Chevy did a nice job on the manual cruze.

I expect the dodge dart to be picking up more sales soon, IMO it was a better value than the cruze, although it didn't have the spring loaded shift that I liked with the cruze.

Neither have sync though or mytouch...

The dart has a nice looking exhaust system too. Sure I'll bet the dual exhaust does very little for performance, but it looks about 100x better than the focuses tiny tailpipe, something that I will never bother to change on a 4 cylinder car. Just google for a pic.

But trying to make sense of these statistics is crazy sometimes, there's no way a Carolla is better than the new focus, or a civic. But Cruze or Dart and that depends on the options your looking for. Both have a "eco boost" style car with 6 speed manual. Ford is kind of behind there IMO.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #20
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
... But trying to make sense of these statistics is crazy sometimes, there's no way a Carolla is better than the new focus, or a civic.
Depends on how you define "better". Apparently for the majority of North American buyers it means a car that isolates them as much as possible from the driving experience (light steering, soft ride and seats, automatic trans, quiet interior, etc.), which could explain how the technologically lagging Corolla is still such a big seller (and why I would not want one). I enjoy driving my old Acura -- glorified Civic -- much more than the Toyotas my wife has owned and loved, but its road noise is really tiring. I've read for 2013 Honda is finally getting that sorted out, but I'll have to drive one to believe it.

One thing I think almost any car owner would call "better" is the Corolla's reliability record compared to the new Focus. Some of the old technology in the Corolla (port FI, old auto trans and suspension designs, etc.) probably has a lot to do with that. As much as I want to buy a new 2013 Focus based on what I've read about its performance and handling, I'm equally put off by all the problems many owners of the 2012s have been experiencing. I sure hope the 2013s start to show a dramatic improvement. If I have to wait too much longer for Ford to get it right, the Corolla could even start to look "better" to me. (I hope not.)

At this point in my life I could stand driving a boring car more than one that would have me arguing with a dealer about what noises, vibrations, and failures are "normal" or that they can't fix because they can't get it to happen. Been there (Porsches, VWs, 1st gen Civic & Accord, early Celica GT), done that, never want to again.

Bookmarks & Social Networks