Anyone tried E85 yet? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current)

Focus ST EcoBoost Performance (2013-Current) The place to chat about the 2.0L EcoBoost engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2013, 02:45 AM   #11
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Tom, you and I have had our bats in the past but I could not agree with you more on this one.

I have first hand seen PLENTY of vehicle damage brought on by simple E10, which commonly goes as high as E20 here because they slip in more and more to make you buy more product when the mileage drops. The Ford dealers here in Texas test for fuel percentage now, if car has more than 10% they deny warranty repair and make owner pay for it on non flexfuel cars. Of course factory was forced to upgrade cars because of it, much less E85. The last fuel pump I changed was totally corroded, crumblies coming out of it, saying it doesn't hurt parts is ludicrous. I saw plenty more just like it at the store where I sold many more fuel system parts than in the past before E10. I can watch a quantity of fuel phase separate to become garbage in five minutes outside on a humid day, water appears in it where none was before. Not what I would call a stable fuel at all.

Engineers spouting off all day long mean nothing next to empirical evidence right in front of your eyes.

I printed financials of the ethanol industry for several years, if the government ever drops the subsidy for it, it will disappear overnight since no one will want to pay the true $6 or so a gallon it costs to make. They were terrified of that.

Clearly some here were not watching news of increasing corn prices this last two years simply due to ethanol production cutting into food. Look at the price of your corn flakes folks, it's right there in front of you.

News story from 'climate engineers' this very morning about ethanol use increasing the greenhouse effect more than classic fuels did since much higher percentages used. They claimed carbon emissions were higher.

I like high performance as well as the next guy but the penalties paid for this stuff are simply too high...........there are many more things to 'quality of life' than simple pleasure felt at putting one's foot into the firewall. I happen to like my corn flakes...............

Bookmarks & Social Networks