Squeaks, creaks, and rattles - Page 10 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #91
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
cold weather is back and so r all the rattles.....glad winter isnt long here in alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #92
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chum567 View Post
cold weather is back and so r all the rattles.....glad winter isnt long here in alabama
Hi chum567,

I'd definitely recommend making an appointment at your dealership so they can take a peek. I'm happy to extend the same courtesy to you that I have to others and get your case escalated; just send me a PM with your dealer, VIN, mileage, daytime phone number, and your full name. I'll get to work!

Thanks,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #93
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by entity View Post
Not to bump my old thread, but has anyone had their squeaks, creaks, and/or rattles looked at?

- My headliner "adhesive" issue has spread to the dome light
- The occasional rattle from my driver side speaker (normally happens on a cold start when the engine is rougher)
- Plastic "clunk" sound from the middle console, above where climate control is

I only have one unidentified sound that annoys me. It sounds like it is coming from the glovebox or driver side door area. I can't really pinpoint it like I have the rest. I really want to have all the sounds identified before I head to the dealer. My Cobalt was silent. I don't want to drive a rattle box :).

How has your experiences been in getting these types of issues resolved?

Thanks for listening to my rant...
I have a vibration coming from the glove compartment as well, went to the dealer they heard it but had no clue. Will be dropping of the car at the dealer Monday so they can try to find the cause. Did you get a solution for that noise? I'm afraid they going to take the dash apart and make it worse.
Thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #94
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by powermax View Post
I have a vibration coming from the glove compartment as well, went to the dealer they heard it but had no clue. Will be dropping of the car at the dealer Monday so they can try to find the cause. Did you get a solution for that noise? I'm afraid they going to take the dash apart and make it worse.
Thanks
Hey powermax,

I'm glad to hear that you're visiting your dealership. If you need any additional assistance, feel free to reach out to me via PM or give the Ford Canada Customer Relationship Centre a call at 1-800-565-3673.

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #95
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Hey powermax,

I'm glad to hear that you're visiting your dealership. If you need any additional assistance, feel free to reach out to me via PM or give the Ford Canada Customer Relationship Centre a call at 1-800-565-3673.

Have a great day!
Crystal
Thanks Crystal. I'm going to give the dealer a chance to fix the issue. If it escalates I will let you know.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #96
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
It's been below freezing here for about a week and it seems a new rattle shows up daily. The headliner rattle around the sunroof and front overhead console occur regardless of temp; but they really don't hit my annoyance threshold. I did have the tweeter speaker grill rattle on the passenger door that was loud but swapping out the speaker (Polk Audio) eliminated the issue. Recently a center console rattle/buzz has popped up that's really annoying.

These rattles and buzzes are what I am most disappointed with on an otherwise great car that's 10 months old.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #97
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
It's been below freezing here for about a week and it seems a new rattle shows up daily. The headliner rattle around the sunroof and front overhead console occur regardless of temp; but they really don't hit my annoyance threshold. I did have the tweeter speaker grill rattle on the passenger door that was loud but swapping out the speaker (Polk Audio) eliminated the issue. Recently a center console rattle/buzz has popped up that's really annoying.

These rattles and buzzes are what I am most disappointed with on an otherwise great car that's 10 months old.
Don't know if your dealer has looked at your headliner, but they actually can make these better. There seems to have been advice from Ford early on as to how to do it.

On the squeak/rattle front, I found one was coming from the the rear parcel tray in my 5 door. Pulling the parcel tray off its hinges and coating the hinges with some silicone (I used Napa Sil-Glyde brake lubricant) solved the problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #98
Silver_2000_tj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89395
What I Drive: 2012 Gray SEL Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Silver_2000_tj Good Standing Member
Yeah I believe sometimes the fit and finish is not where it should be on these cars. I have a vibration in the rear passenger door. One in the sun roof somewhere and a very an annoying squeak where the passenger door closes to the dash. These sounds have not been weather related as they are there in the 100+ Texas heat and our current temps around freezing. It's one of those things I just deal with in place of dealing with the issues of working with the dealership.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #99
RockyD
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93737
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 RockyD Good Standing Member
An FYI, I took my car in for a number of headliner rattles. I was told that the cushoning material that should have been there was not. Essentially, there was nothing between my headliner and roof and the glue that was there didn't hold. The rattles I had around the sunroof are gone, but now I have worse ones above the drivers seat and the rear passenger. Heading back next week.

Mine is definitely a rattle box, so between those and having no interior storage cubbies in the cabin to set anything down, this car can be very annoying to drive. I've had no troubles with the big things(only 5k miles after a year), but those little things along with MFT had me looking to trade in after 8 months.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #100
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Anyone else's windshield make kind of a clicking or ticking noise when going over bumps?

Bookmarks & Social Networks