Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!! - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #81
WhiteTite
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100660
What I Drive: '13 Focus ST2. '12 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 WhiteTite Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Congrats!! to you guys that were not happy with your Focuses, and found a vehicle that makes you both happy! At the end of the day, all that really matters is that YOU are happy with your decisions.

Some of these posts from you guys insinuate this should be a "buyers beware" stay away from Ford thread. I've owned Ford vehicles the last 32 years, have they all been problem free, no they haven't. I've had some serious engine issues with my 08 F450, that has had it in the shop for over a month at a time. I had a first year Lincoln Mark 8 that received such poor reviews and lost so much resale value I almost had to pay the dealer to take it off my hands. I also understand failures, and that workmanship issues occur in all makes and models. For the most part, I can honestly say I am overall very satisfied with the Ford brand. It is unfortunate your dealers did not take care of your issues to your satisfaction.

This is a Focus forum (and you have to expect some loyalty and repercussion to some topics), I happen to own three of them, a '10, '12, and a '13. From my owners perspective and personal experience, I would totally recommend a Focus to anyone in the market. I have had zero problems with the previous two, and the new one is just a few weeks old.

I guess its out with the old, and time to move onto the new for you guys. Good luck with the new choices.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #82
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
While I can appreciate you got screwed over repeatedly by your dealership, and I'm sorry your ownership experience wasn't anywhere near what it should have been, but continuing to "dump" on those here that have had good experiences is not helpful at all. You and others that have "moved on" still continue to post negative comments after negative comments in numerous threads does not contribute to the community and only drags out arguments that are not needed.
I'm happy you were able to get out of a bad deal and into a different brand that will hopefully work out well for you. No one has asked you to leave and your previous ownership experience can be helpful to others on here, but, only if you choose to be. I was one of the many that gave you rep for your very insightful posts in the past, but, lately, since you have jumped ship, you seem to continue to post in threads like these only to jump on anyone that tries to defend the MK3 Focus in any shape or form. Again, I understand where that is coming from, but seriously, its getting really old, really fast.
Many of us did have some issues with our cars, but, many of us also had them resolved successfully (good dealerships and good communication) and our enjoying our cars, and we shouldn't have to defend that at all.
I had a bad ownership experience with my new (at the time, a 2010 model) Mazda 3, and frequented several Mazda 3 forums while I owned it, but, after it was gone, I stopped posting on them. Yeah, sure, I could have stayed around and contributed, but, why bother? Current owners don't need to hear me bash a car I no longer owned, and it certainly wasn't go to change anything. I moved on, and was happy for it, at this stage in my life, I certainly have better things to do, and browsing forums is low on the list as it is, LOL. I think you know what I'm saying.......... you have a beautiful new Honda, go out and enjoy it............... and let the Focus bashing go.......

And Rev, I'm happy that you're happy with your new Mazda, I hope you don't run into the problems I did with mine, and I'm sure the Skyactiv technology will help save you gas (I know the non Skyactiv ones didn't, LOL). But, posting on a competing brands website about it and expecting people to be excited for you is quite short sited and somewhat inflammatory, don't you think? At any rate, enjoy that new ride and I hope you have better luck with that one as well.
Couldn't have said it any better. You can bet your ass that if I had a car I hated and traded it in, the last thing I'd be doing is trolling the old forum days or weeks later. My car continues to be trouble free like most of them.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #83
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VectorZ View Post
Couldn't have said it any better. You can bet your ass that if I had a car I hated and traded it in, the last thing I'd be doing is trolling the old forum days or weeks later. My car continues to be trouble free like most of them.
Some of you guys should worry less about where some of us choose to spend our time, because I for one don't give a damn where you'd be spending YOUR time if you sold a particular product, and you can bet YOUR ass that your thoughts, or warnings, or insults, won't change a damn thing about where I spend mine.

This is and has been for the most part a civil discussion, and if you have nothing of value to add ..... go troll somewhere else.

REV
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #84
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I myself own both a focus and a mazda 3. to me the mazda has more power stock and has a better interior. BUT the focus handles better, looks a littzle better. their both good cars in their OWN WAY. my focus I believe was a lemon and I put in to much to keep it on the road wich convinced me to get the mazda and since I rebuilt and boosted the focus. but this is my third focus ive owned. love the cars. such great handling and pep to them and style is of great quality. focus fanatic at heart for sure. haven't had one problem with my mazda in the three years ive owned it. just normal wear and tear. i.e breaks and belts.
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #85
VectorZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100457
What I Drive: 12' Focus Titanium Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 VectorZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Some of you guys should worry less about where some of us choose to spend our time, because I for one don't give a damn where you'd be spending YOUR time if you sold a particular product, and you can bet YOUR ass that your thoughts, or warnings, or insults, won't change a damn thing about where I spend mine.

This is and has been for the most part a civil discussion, and if you have nothing of value to add ..... go troll somewhere else.

REV
Obviously you actually do care or you wouldn't have replied. It's a free country, so you just go on and troll your little heart out.

I guess I'm lucky in two regards, I've got a great Focus AND I have a life outside of the Internet forums.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #86
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I like seeing everyone upgrading to mazda. Congrats! Makes me feel good about buying my 6S a couple months ago, the mazda forum members are cool as hell too.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #87
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks TGM !

Good luck with your M6 as well.

Good to talk to another adult .... the kiddies are up way too late tonight. LOL.

REV
Old 01-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #88
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Roflao!!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 AM   #89
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
both cars are fantastic
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #90
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXthrizzle05 View Post
I myself own both a focus and a mazda 3. to me the mazda has more power stock and has a better interior. BUT the focus handles better, looks a littzle better. their both good cars in their OWN WAY. my focus I believe was a lemon and I put in to much to keep it on the road wich convinced me to get the mazda and since I rebuilt and boosted the focus. but this is my third focus ive owned. love the cars. such great handling and pep to them and style is of great quality. focus fanatic at heart for sure. haven't had one problem with my mazda in the three years ive owned it. just normal wear and tear. i.e breaks and belts.
Ya know, between the 12 Focus SE Sport I had and the new M3 .... they both handle really well, but I'd say the Focus suspension is a lttle more compliant. The M3 suspension is stiffer ... so much so that some may not appreciate it. I actually like it. The M3 also gives the impression of not being as low slung as the Focus.

I'd describe the M3 as a little more refined of a ride, where the Focus is edgier, which isn't a bad thing.

If it wasn't for the suspension issues, and the lack of a trustworthy auto ... I'd still own it.

I gotta admit ....I do like the 6 speed auto in the M3 .... best auto I've driven.

REV

Bookmarks & Social Networks