Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!! - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #71
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
The problem is that Americans tend to bitch more.
You think ^^^^^^^^^^ I like both the ST's & Speed3's as well as the WRX's, GTI's. Throw them all in a mix & see what comes 'bout. Bitch, Bitch, Bitch there is something always to bitch 'bout!!! You should see how many guys bitch 'bout the 6.0 liter powerstrokes's.I remember all the rav's= reaquired vehicle's, buy back's. Instead of trying to figure out what was wrong them or the problem, people would bitch & that was that. I can make them live & make power. I've had a lot of cabs hanging over head while I fixed their issues w/my fix. I've had no problem w/ mine at all. Bring your whatever to the track= 1/4 & prepared to get shut down by a 350 cc 4x4.If you have a 6.0 & have issues pm me.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #72
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
You think ^^^^^^^^^^ I like both the ST's & Speed3's as well as the WRX's, GTI's. Throw them all in a mix & see what comes 'bout. Bitch, Bitch, Bitch there is something always to bitch 'bout!!! You should see how many guys bitch 'bout the 6.0 liter powerstrokes's.I remember all the rav's= reaquired vehicle's, buy back's. Instead of trying to figure out what was wrong them or the problem, people would bitch & that was that. I can make them live & make power. I've had a lot of cabs hanging over head while I fixed their issues w/my fix. I've had no problem w/ mine at all. Bring your whatever to the track= 1/4 & prepared to get shut down by a 350 cc 4x4.If you have a 6.0 & have issues pm me.
What.The.Heck does any of that mean lol
Old 01-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #73
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I think it means, "Mine's bigger than yours."
Old 01-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #74
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Quote:
It means this is turning in to a bitch session. And yeah people have problems w/ their vechicles. I was using the 6.0 powerstroke problems as a example, thats all. If people want to switch or trade out their vechicles for something else= ok, but why bitch & bitch 'bout it here? No big deal. If people want to bitch, they should also be doing something or figuring out something 'bout it. Not just bitch & thats it.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #75
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
It means this is turning in to a bitch session. And yeah people have problems w/ their vechicles. I was using the 6.0 powerstroke problems as a example, thats all. If people want to switch or trade out their vechicles for something else= ok, but why bitch & bitch 'bout it here? No big deal. If people want to bitch, they should also be doing something or figuring out something 'bout it. Not just bitch & thats it.
Yes, but when you have problems with a car that its manufacturer doesn't know how to fix and taking a bath on trade-in isn't an option, there aren't many alternatives. Bitch-on, I say. Ford could even notice. Nah.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #76
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
FTC .... After reading your two or three almost incoherent posts .... I'd say you're a prime offender of posting messages that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, and are really just inciting discord.

REV
Old 01-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #77
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Rev, good to see you've found a solution.

Enjoy.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #78
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Rev, good to see you've found a solution.

Enjoy.
Thanks Z !

Not my optimal solution, but an effective one nonetheless.

I was shocked at your solution as well, as I had followed your attempts at a solution from the very beginning.

Great luck with your GTI.

REV
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #79
mienna
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97843
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver Focus ST2

FF Reputation: 2 mienna Good Standing Member
Quote:
I understand that, and I'm sorry if my posts seem derogatory toward any other opinions or the forum in general. I don't mean to necessarily oppose anyone else.

As rev said, there does seem to be a good amount of Mazda3 bashing in this thread, and I *was* opposed to those viewpoints. There are plenty of Mazda3s that are not great, but I'd hazard a guess to say that it's less than the number of Focuses that have issues. I'm not saying trading in for a Mazda3 is a great or bad decision...simply that it was the OP's decision and people shouldn't bust his balls about it.

Like I said, the only thing that gets me a bit riled is when people attempt to make it seem like the issues with the Focus are minuscule or not a problem and basically say that anyone complaining about the problems is either just a whiner or exaggerating. That bugs me.
If I'd been treated like they treated you, I'm sure I would have moved on from Ford in a big hurry. My family and I have been fortunate to not have any serious problems with any of our Ford cars/trucks. In addition, our dealer has been excellent in regards to customer service. It's unfortunate that Ford's dealership service levels are such a crapshoot and to pile insult upon injury, the corporate representation was no help.

P.S. The "complicated procedure" I had to do to enable messaging was simply "reverse" pairing the phone from the MFT screen, rather than automatically pairing from the phone. Once again, I seem to have lucked out where so many others have experienced infuriating errors.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #80
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mienna View Post
If I'd been treated like they treated you, I'm sure I would have moved on from Ford in a big hurry. My family and I have been fortunate to not have any serious problems with any of our Ford cars/trucks. In addition, our dealer has been excellent in regards to customer service. It's unfortunate that Ford's dealership service levels are such a crapshoot and to pile insult upon injury, the corporate representation was no help.

P.S. The "complicated procedure" I had to do to enable messaging was simply "reverse" pairing the phone from the MFT screen, rather than automatically pairing from the phone. Once again, I seem to have lucked out where so many others have experienced infuriating errors.
To be fair, I don't want the car reading texts anyway. What I'd really prefer is for a message to pop up on the screen just saying I have a message and who it's from, then going away forever. On my Galaxy Nexus (or RAZR Maxx, I don't remember) it would notify, which was awesome, but it would also keep an "Unread" notification on the screen at all times until I went through and deleted them from MFT. I'd have to do it every time...it was obnoxious.

But either way no systems really seem to work well with iOS6 on the iPhone 5. Apple didn't include official MAP support, I understand, but there are ways around it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks