Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!! - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 AM   #61
cuke2u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87358
What I Drive: It's in my sig..

FF Reputation: 2 cuke2u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi, here is a road test of the Mazda 3 MPS http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/3...39/mazda-3-mps It confirms my own feelings about some of the Mazda products these days.
18" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels
Manual 6-speed gearbox,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #62
AndrewJay
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 101438
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 AndrewJay Good Standing Member
Congratulations! I had a 2011 Mazda3 Hatch with the Bose/Sunroof Package before I got the focus. But because that was the model year BEFORE the SkyActive technology - gas mileage was poor. I was averaging something like 24 MPG combined - which Is why I got rid of it to get my 2012 Focus Hatch Titanium.. also was bit of an upgrade.

Everything was relatively perfect about the Mazda.. except the gas mileage. The interior could definitely be updated as well. I am not a fan of the two tiered dashboard - and the cheap looking display screen. When the redesign comes up for 2014 - I'll see if I want to switch back over.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #63
Mykal
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 96521
What I Drive: 2012 Focus HB Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Mykal Good Standing Member
Gratz on the Mazda 3. I still have an 07 Hatch (Sport) which has been one of the best cars I've owned. I looked at the 2012 Hatch's with the 2.5L, just liked the Focus better. I'm not enamored with the current Mazda styling but they do know how to do suspensions.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #64
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
Hi, here is a road test of the Mazda 3 MPS http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mazda/3...39/mazda-3-mps It confirms my own feelings about some of the Mazda products these days.

That's a Speed3 .... not a normal 3.

For every negative review You can find 10 positive ones.

REV
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #65
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJay View Post
Congratulations! I had a 2011 Mazda3 Hatch with the Bose/Sunroof Package before I got the focus. But because that was the model year BEFORE the SkyActive technology - gas mileage was poor. I was averaging something like 24 MPG combined - which Is why I got rid of it to get my 2012 Focus Hatch Titanium.. also was bit of an upgrade.

Everything was relatively perfect about the Mazda.. except the gas mileage. The interior could definitely be updated as well. I am not a fan of the two tiered dashboard - and the cheap looking display screen. When the redesign comes up for 2014 - I'll see if I want to switch back over.
Yeah ... th e pre Skyactiv drivetrains are what kept me away from the M3 in the past.

It seems to be doing better than my Focus did by about 2 MPG, but the Focus was z 5 MT.

REV
Old 01-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #66
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
While I can appreciate you got screwed over repeatedly by your dealership, and I'm sorry your ownership experience wasn't anywhere near what it should have been, but continuing to "dump" on those here that have had good experiences is not helpful at all. You and others that have "moved on" still continue to post negative comments after negative comments in numerous threads does not contribute to the community and only drags out arguments that are not needed.
I'm happy you were able to get out of a bad deal and into a different brand that will hopefully work out well for you. No one has asked you to leave and your previous ownership experience can be helpful to others on here, but, only if you choose to be. I was one of the many that gave you rep for your very insightful posts in the past, but, lately, since you have jumped ship, you seem to continue to post in threads like these only to jump on anyone that tries to defend the MK3 Focus in any shape or form. Again, I understand where that is coming from, but seriously, its getting really old, really fast.
Many of us did have some issues with our cars, but, many of us also had them resolved successfully (good dealerships and good communication) and our enjoying our cars, and we shouldn't have to defend that at all.
I had a bad ownership experience with my new (at the time, a 2010 model) Mazda 3, and frequented several Mazda 3 forums while I owned it, but, after it was gone, I stopped posting on them. Yeah, sure, I could have stayed around and contributed, but, why bother? Current owners don't need to hear me bash a car I no longer owned, and it certainly wasn't go to change anything. I moved on, and was happy for it, at this stage in my life, I certainly have better things to do, and browsing forums is low on the list as it is, LOL. I think you know what I'm saying.......... you have a beautiful new Honda, go out and enjoy it............... and let the Focus bashing go.......

And Rev, I'm happy that you're happy with your new Mazda, I hope you don't run into the problems I did with mine, and I'm sure the Skyactiv technology will help save you gas (I know the non Skyactiv ones didn't, LOL). But, posting on a competing brands website about it and expecting people to be excited for you is quite short sited and somewhat inflammatory, don't you think? At any rate, enjoy that new ride and I hope you have better luck with that one as well.

I'm sorry you are hurt by my comments about Ford, but I also have to say...That's the way it is. This is a forum. This discussion is *specifically* about someone replacing their Focus with another car. I'd say talking about how the systems are different betwixt the cars and which offers more working features is a *completely* valid discussion point. If you don't, that's too bad. No offense, but it's irrelevant whether you like my posts or not...I'm actively participating in this discussion at hand. I'm sorry you don't like negative posts, but if you hate them that much you shouldn't spend too much time on the internet, because you're bound to get assaulted by them more often than not.

Not to mention, I was actually asked, specifically, to stay around here and help with issues. I know more about the internals of these cars than most of the people around here and have done a ton of custom work on the electrical system and such, as well. Keep that in mind the next time you're wondering how to wire up something or replacing something and it's *my* advice that helps you do it.

I don't just come to this forum to bash the car...but I think if anyone here is really being unfair it's the people that *only* want to see positive posts. You realize there are a ton of people that come to this forum just to see what the current state of the car is, right? If they only see positive posts because anyone with issues either doesn't post them or has already left, that gives a severely skewed view of the car. That person might leave this forum thinking nothing, or very little, is wrong with the car and be quite upset when they're sitting in the dealership for the 5th time in a month.

I'm absolutely not saying it's going to happen to everyone, as there are plenty of people with good experiences, but saying that things aren't issues or that there are plenty of workarounds is a cop-out. You're basically telling people not to worry about something that could greatly affect their $20-30k purchase. Obviously if the topic if an infotainment system comes up, people here are going to complain about their experiences. Why? Because people *have problems*. Don't try to shut them out just because you don't want to hear them.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #67
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

That's why I've tried to limit myself primarily to descriptions of differences between the two and not focus on bashing.

To be truthful ... there's been a lot more M3 sniping than Focus bashing in this thread.

Let's try to limit the discussion to facts and differences.

REV
Old 01-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #68
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Hotleadsingerguy, you missed the point I was making, and took it personally and as expected made a defensive rebuttal. I never asked you to stop posting nor did I say to change your opinion... The point was that those who have had good experiences and are enjoying their cars have just as valid a point as those like yourself(being dismissive about them is not helpful ). They deserve at least equal "weight" in a public discussion, nothing more, nothing less. I guess the jist of what I was saying is that your change in "attitude " towards those in the "happy owner" camp has become obvious since you've gotten rid of your Focus. A quick cursory search of your posts of late confirms that. Your car had lots of issues, your dealership visits were not helpful, we get it. You were not alone, as we have seen others on here with similar bad experiences, and you're correct, that is something new prospective buyers need to be aware of, but, they should also be aware of the many that continue to have problem free experiences.
We are all human, and at some level, we seek out validation for the choices we make (not necessarily from a specific person or group, but, in general ). We want to make the "right" decision and we don't, we tend to get defensive about it.
From Revs last post, I see he understands and simply wants a valid discussion on the differences of the two cars, good and bad. That is fair.

You certainly haven't "hurt" my feelings, for as you pointed out, it's the internet, if you don't have a "thick skin", one shouldn't bother logging on. I believe I also mentioned that you have a lot to offer this community (if you so choose to do so), I just said that we haven't seen many of those type of posts lately is all.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #69
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
Hotleadsingerguy, you missed the point I was making, and took it personally and as expected made a defensive rebuttal. I never asked you to stop posting nor did I say to change your opinion... The point was that those who have had good experiences and are enjoying their cars have just as valid a point as those like yourself(being dismissive about them is not helpful ). They deserve at least equal "weight" in a public discussion, nothing more, nothing less. I guess the jist of what I was saying is that your change in "attitude " towards those in the "happy owner" camp has become obvious since you've gotten rid of your Focus. A quick cursory search of your posts of late confirms that. Your car had lots of issues, your dealership visits were not helpful, we get it. You were not alone, as we have seen others on here with similar bad experiences, and you're correct, that is something new prospective buyers need to be aware of, but, they should also be aware of the many that continue to have problem free experiences.
We are all human, and at some level, we seek out validation for the choices we make (not necessarily from a specific person or group, but, in general ). We want to make the "right" decision and we don't, we tend to get defensive about it.
From Revs last post, I see he understands and simply wants a valid discussion on the differences of the two cars, good and bad. That is fair.

You certainly haven't "hurt" my feelings, for as you pointed out, it's the internet, if you don't have a "thick skin", one shouldn't bother logging on. I believe I also mentioned that you have a lot to offer this community (if you so choose to do so), I just said that we haven't seen many of those type of posts lately is all.
I understand that, and I'm sorry if my posts seem derogatory toward any other opinions or the forum in general. I don't mean to necessarily oppose anyone else.

As rev said, there does seem to be a good amount of Mazda3 bashing in this thread, and I *was* opposed to those viewpoints. There are plenty of Mazda3s that are not great, but I'd hazard a guess to say that it's less than the number of Focuses that have issues. I'm not saying trading in for a Mazda3 is a great or bad decision...simply that it was the OP's decision and people shouldn't bust his balls about it.

Like I said, the only thing that gets me a bit riled is when people attempt to make it seem like the issues with the Focus are minuscule or not a problem and basically say that anyone complaining about the problems is either just a whiner or exaggerating. That bugs me.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #70
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

To be honest ... I'll be checking in from time to time to see if there will be a resolution to the suspension issue.

I really hope it's not as Zillion most recently thinks it is .... namely a weld problem that is potentially 'unfixable'. I hope Ford steps up to the plate and makes happy owners out of the people that have affected cars.

I hate strange noises in cars, and I just lost all enjoyment in driving it.

Another factor was the 5 speed manual. To be honest .... I just flat out don't care for manual tranmissions anymore. Although I like to drive spiritedly, I can really live without manual shifting. So far, the M3 trans has totally satisfied me ... as mentioned in some reviews, it likes to get into high gears quickly for fuel economy reasons, but it also seems quite willing to downshift quickly when needed. I think Mazda must have done some trans program tweaking to satisfy the early complaints that it was sluggish and reluctant to downshift. I really have no issues with it so far ... it seems very responsive, especially in manual mode.

REV

Bookmarks & Social Networks