Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!! - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #51
nseah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101824
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 nseah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
How does the Mazda 3 Bose system compare to the Focus Sony 10 speaker system. I haven't heard the bose system but I really like the way the sony system sounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #52
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nseah View Post
How does the Mazda 3 Bose system compare to the Focus Sony 10 speaker system. I haven't heard the bose system but I really like the way the sony system sounds.
I've owned both systems. The Sony system is better because it allows for more user sound customization and has a lot more bass. Clarity is about the same but Sony lets you control the mid's. The Bose system really lacks bass and the Mazda head unit does not allow you to control the mid range (only low and high). Another thing is the Bose Centerpoint sound feature (centers the sound so it's more like a stage) only works with CD audio and not with Bluetooth, radio or Aux in audio sources... and who uses CD's anymore? Which is why many Mazda owners on their forums nickname it the "Blowse" system and try to avoid it but Mazda just made it standard on all models.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #53
roswelltop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83279
What I Drive: 2013 SGM SE HATCH, 5 Spd Man

Points 1,266, Level 19
Points: 1,266, Level: 19 Points: 1,266, Level: 19 Points: 1,266, Level: 19
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 1 roswelltop Good Standing Member
Does anyone know the origin of the "Sky Active Technology" name?

When I looked at Mazda's, l expected there to be some satellite technology involved somewhere, but that doesn't appear to be the case--at least not that I have found.

Perhaps my belief is erroneous, but in that case it seems a bit misleading to me.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #54
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

Points 2,198, Level 28
Points: 2,198, Level: 28 Points: 2,198, Level: 28 Points: 2,198, Level: 28
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 12 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roswelltop View Post
This is all I could come up with:

Quote:
However, ask Sam Hortinella, CX-5 Product Development Engineer, and he will quickly tell you that there’s a lot more to SKYACTIV than just dropping in a lighter motor and transmission into a pre-existing platform. In fact, that’s an almost anti-SKYACTIV way of thinking.

“Basically, the name ‘SKYACTIV’ came from a feeling that the sky’s the limit,” he said.
Source: http://www.carpages.ca/blog/2012/03/...-about-anyway/

Another article about silly nomenclature, comments are pretty entertaining:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-nomenclature/
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 78k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #55
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by roswelltop View Post

When I looked at Mazda's, l expected there to be some satellite technology involved somewhere, but that doesn't appear to be the case--at least not that I have found.

Perhaps my belief is erroneous, but in that case it seems a bit misleading to me.

From what I understand, it's a higher HP and higher compression GDI like the Focus.

The trans is a quick shifting torque converter unit. The 6 speed is a higher ratio manual.

REV
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #56
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,791, Level 38
Points: 3,791, Level: 38 Points: 3,791, Level: 38 Points: 3,791, Level: 38
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Sky-Active means you have to rev it sky high to get any activity out of it.

ha.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #57
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,772, Level 32
Points: 2,772, Level: 32 Points: 2,772, Level: 32 Points: 2,772, Level: 32
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
I think the "Sky-Active" moniker was chosen to emphasize the environmental benefits to the new engines: better fuel economy, lower CO2, etc., along with decent performance. (Sky=atmosphere, active=go, get it?)

Japanese manufacturers are good at coming up with puzzling English product names. I rate the "Sky-Active" name higher than Honda's new "Earth Dreams" line of GDI engines. Now if Honda's target demographic includes gophers and badgers...
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #58
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
If you have MFT 3.5.1, you can receive and hear texts from iPhones with iOS 6.0.

Post #2497 has instructions:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...71622&page=250

Congrats on the ST!
lol you're kidding...people are actually promoting a complicated procedure to receive text message simply because Ford doesn't know what they're doing? Regardless of the fact that iOS6 doesn't have standard MAP support, it should be supported. Plenty of other manufacturers still have the ability to display and read out text messages.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #59
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
lol you're kidding...people are actually promoting a complicated procedure to receive text message simply because Ford doesn't know what they're doing? Regardless of the fact that iOS6 doesn't have standard MAP support, it should be supported. Plenty of other manufacturers still have the ability to display and read out text messages.
While I can appreciate you got screwed over repeatedly by your dealership, and I'm sorry your ownership experience wasn't anywhere near what it should have been, but continuing to "dump" on those here that have had good experiences is not helpful at all. You and others that have "moved on" still continue to post negative comments after negative comments in numerous threads does not contribute to the community and only drags out arguments that are not needed.
I'm happy you were able to get out of a bad deal and into a different brand that will hopefully work out well for you. No one has asked you to leave and your previous ownership experience can be helpful to others on here, but, only if you choose to be. I was one of the many that gave you rep for your very insightful posts in the past, but, lately, since you have jumped ship, you seem to continue to post in threads like these only to jump on anyone that tries to defend the MK3 Focus in any shape or form. Again, I understand where that is coming from, but seriously, its getting really old, really fast.
Many of us did have some issues with our cars, but, many of us also had them resolved successfully (good dealerships and good communication) and our enjoying our cars, and we shouldn't have to defend that at all.
I had a bad ownership experience with my new (at the time, a 2010 model) Mazda 3, and frequented several Mazda 3 forums while I owned it, but, after it was gone, I stopped posting on them. Yeah, sure, I could have stayed around and contributed, but, why bother? Current owners don't need to hear me bash a car I no longer owned, and it certainly wasn't go to change anything. I moved on, and was happy for it, at this stage in my life, I certainly have better things to do, and browsing forums is low on the list as it is, LOL. I think you know what I'm saying.......... you have a beautiful new Honda, go out and enjoy it............... and let the Focus bashing go.......

And Rev, I'm happy that you're happy with your new Mazda, I hope you don't run into the problems I did with mine, and I'm sure the Skyactiv technology will help save you gas (I know the non Skyactiv ones didn't, LOL). But, posting on a competing brands website about it and expecting people to be excited for you is quite short sited and somewhat inflammatory, don't you think? At any rate, enjoy that new ride and I hope you have better luck with that one as well.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)
Old 01-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #60
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
While I can appreciate you got screwed over repeatedly by your dealership, and I'm sorry your ownership experience wasn't anywhere near what it should have been, but continuing to "dump" on those here that have had good experiences is not helpful at all. You and others that have "moved on" still continue to post negative comments after negative comments in numerous threads does not contribute to the community and only drags out arguments that are not needed.
I'm happy you were able to get out of a bad deal and into a different brand that will hopefully work out well for you. No one has asked you to leave and your previous ownership experience can be helpful to others on here, but, only if you choose to be. I was one of the many that gave you rep for your very insightful posts in the past, but, lately, since you have jumped ship, you seem to continue to post in threads like these only to jump on anyone that tries to defend the MK3 Focus in any shape or form. Again, I understand where that is coming from, but seriously, its getting really old, really fast.
Many of us did have some issues with our cars, but, many of us also had them resolved successfully (good dealerships and good communication) and our enjoying our cars, and we shouldn't have to defend that at all.
I had a bad ownership experience with my new (at the time, a 2010 model) Mazda 3, and frequented several Mazda 3 forums while I owned it, but, after it was gone, I stopped posting on them. Yeah, sure, I could have stayed around and contributed, but, why bother? Current owners don't need to hear me bash a car I no longer owned, and it certainly wasn't go to change anything. I moved on, and was happy for it, at this stage in my life, I certainly have better things to do, and browsing forums is low on the list as it is, LOL. I think you know what I'm saying.......... you have a beautiful new Honda, go out and enjoy it............... and let the Focus bashing go.......

And Rev, I'm happy that you're happy with your new Mazda, I hope you don't run into the problems I did with mine, and I'm sure the Skyactiv technology will help save you gas (I know the non Skyactiv ones didn't, LOL). But, posting on a competing brands website about it and expecting people to be excited for you is quite short sited and somewhat inflammatory, don't you think? At any rate, enjoy that new ride and I hope you have better luck with that one as well.
Well said. The negative comments get very old.

Bookmarks & Social Networks