Yippee !!! 2012 Mazda 3 !!!! - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,865, Level 39
Points: 3,865, Level: 39 Points: 3,865, Level: 39 Points: 3,865, Level: 39
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I can't imagine an American putting up with the premium Europeans have to pay for such a great car.

If pricing was equal, we'd be paying almost $22k for a base model.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #22
erato
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97294
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Ecoboost estate

FF Reputation: 1 erato Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I can't imagine an American putting up with the premium Europeans have to pay for such a great car.

If pricing was equal, we'd be paying almost $22k for a base model.
All cars are more expensive, so that more or less evens out when you compare between different models.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #23
WizardSkills
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100116
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL 303A 5-door

Points 715, Level 14
Points: 715, Level: 14 Points: 715, Level: 14 Points: 715, Level: 14
Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 WizardSkills Good Standing Member
Coincidentally I was at the Mazda dealer the other day browsing for fun and immediately sat in the 3 on the dealer floor. Anyone who claims to be "trading-up" is fooling themselves and knows it. And yes, they also had the 'Speed 3 inside too, which I had to check the window sticker to make sure it was the performance version as the interiors were identical. I'm sure they drive just fine and all, but no one can defend that cheap interior sea of black plastic. For me it was like a time-warp back to the early 2000's: hard plastics, minuscule screens, drab colors. Not to mention the Nissan Versa-style "body looks too big for the frame" styling.

But hey, enjoy the Mazda. Just remember that without that Ford $$ coming in you won't be seeing many advancements save for more witty marketing lingo selling you the same old as new. (skyactiv, what does this even mean?)
2009 Town Car SigLim-sold
1999 Ranger Toreador Red XLT 4x4 Off-Road-sold
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardSkills View Post
But hey, enjoy the Mazda. Just remember that without that Ford $$ coming in you won't be seeing many advancements save for more witty marketing lingo selling you the same old as new. (skyactiv, what does this even mean?)
Ignorance is bliss.

If trading down is moving to a car without all the rattles, squeaks, air leaks, and suspension clunks ... and with a 6 speed auto trans that actually works .... I'll trade down anytime .... happily ....

Thanks for your concern, though !!!

REV
Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
Picked up a 2012 Mazda 3 i Touring SkyActiv 6A with Bose system and moonroof. MSRP $21,800 for $17,200 with 0% financing for 60 months. Bought it at the very last minute of their huge year-end incentives ... literally .... finished the deal at 9PM yesterday. They needed one more sale (I didn't know until afterward) to hit a milestone for that period and I happened to be there. We were $500 apart in the negotiations at 8:30 and the regional sales manager happened to be there while I was negotiating. I was getting up to walk, and then he offered to throw in the Bose/moonroof package (worth $1400 on the sticker) for free in the exact same, but different car. SOLD !!
REV
Seems like you got a really good deal on the Mazda3 at 21% off MSRP. Truecar shows an average savings of about 15% off MSRP on 12s. I bought my 13 Focus Ti at 16% off MSRP and thought I got an excellent deal.

I've owned a 06 Mazda3 and a 11 Mazdaspeed3 and can say they're great cars. My complaints, as many have already said, are there is too much road noise in the cabin at highway speeds and the Bose 10 speaker system is weak. But everyone is different and you seem to love your new car so congrats!

By the way, did you see the redesigned Mazda6 while you were there? It's not on sale yet but I saw one at my dealer on Wednesday and I love the way it looks on the outside and it's very roomy inside. The only sedan sexier is the new Fusion, in my opinion. I worry about the weak 180ish hp Skyactiv gas engine they're only offering initially though.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #26
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

For those who say the M3 interior is terrible, as far as I can tell ... it has a lot of the same soft touch materials that the Focus has. And .... it has an infotainment system that actually works, with buttons that are usable by human hands, as well as a non-grinding, non-shuddering, smooth shifting 6 speed auto trans that gets the same or better mileage that the Focus auo-manual trans gets. At 70 MPH the M3 is tacking 2100 RPM's.

Hey ... to each his own ... like and drive the car you enjoy best! I loved my Focus until it started rattling, squeaking, leaking air, falling apart (headliner), and clunking. It was a nice car .... just not ready for prime time, IMO.

REV
Old 01-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #27
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Points 571, Level 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
And .... it has an infotainment system that actually works, with buttons that are usable by human hands...
REV
Did you get the 5.3 inch touchscreen in yours? It's maybe only offered on the 13s. Anyways, if you have the tiny 3 inch screen, your Bluetooth audio will not show title & artist information and you will not be able to get texts on lots of phones, including iPhones. Just FYI. Not bashing Mazda.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #28
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Seems like you got a really good deal on the Mazda3 at 21% off MSRP. Truecar shows an average savings of about 15% off MSRP on 12s. I bought my 13 Focus Ti at 16% off MSRP and thought I got an excellent deal.

I've owned a 06 Mazda3 and a 11 Mazdaspeed3 and can say they're great cars. My complaints, as many have already said, are there is too much road noise in the cabin at highway speeds and the Bose 10 speaker system is weak. But everyone is different and you seem to love your new car so congrats!

By the way, did you see the redesigned Mazda6 while you were there? It's not on sale yet but I saw one at my dealer on Wednesday and I love the way it looks on the outside and it's very roomy inside. The only sedan sexier is the new Fusion, in my opinion. I worry about the weak 180ish hp Skyactiv gas engine they're only offering initially though.
Actually I DID see the new (2014) M6. They had a loaded red one in the showroom, and it was very nice, although I bet they're around $30K for a decent one. There was a big sign on it saying ... we can't give test rides, or any pricing information, until it's officially released.

I owned an M6 hatchback in 2005 I think it was ... a totally unremarkable car as far as I was concerned ... I wished I had gotten a 3 at that time instead of the 6.

Funny you mentioned the deal I got too ... when I picked up the car last night the finance guy said I was the winner of the best deal of the year. Turns out they were giving the $17.2K price on the $20.4K car, but NOT 0% financing together, and I got the good price, 0% financing, AND had the $1400 Bose and moonroof combo thrown in.

Agreed ... the Bose system isn't as good as it could be, but it's really only about a $300 upgrade considering the moonroof is about $900 of the $1400 price, and invoice for the package is about $1200. It's a lot better than any standard car stereo though ... that's for sure. I really love the moonroof though ... probably wouldn't have gotten it if I had had to actually pay for it.

REV
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #29
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
Did you get the 5.3 inch touchscreen in yours? It's maybe only offered on the 13s. Anyways, if you have the tiny 3 inch screen, your Bluetooth audio will not show title & artist information and you will not be able to get texts on lots of phones, including iPhones. Just FYI. Not bashing Mazda.
No .... I think that is gotten with NAV only (or maybe only on the 13's).... when they offered me the deal I thought that it might have that, because I hadn't driven one with the Moonroof/Bose pkg ... but it's the same as the base unit looks wise ... it just has 10 speakers, including a sub and an amp under the front seat.

It's not a custom $2000 system, but I drove in it for a few hours today, and to be honest ... it's better than I thought it was when I first picked it up.

We don't really stream music, and when we play an IPOD or something like that, we just use the aux in jack. I don't really need that kind of connectivity (texting and stuff) in the car, although I know some people really like that stuff. The standard factory bluetooth does work great though .... even the base stereo has factory bluetooth and all the steering wheel controls.

REV
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #30
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Points 571, Level 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
No .... I think that is gotten with NAV only (or maybe only on the 13's).... when they offered me the deal I thought that it might have that, because I hadn't driven one with the Moonroof/Bose pkg ... but it's the same as the base unit looks wise ... it just has 10 speakers, including a sub and an amp under the front seat.
REV
When I saw the 13 Mazdaspeed3 with the 5.3 in. touchscreen, I was so jealous because my 11 MS3 with tech package only has the dinky 3 in. screen. And I love the new dark colored wheels and the rear valence and black mirrors. It's so sad that the 2013s might be the last we see of Mazdaspeed for a while...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.