Bad engine idle and stalling - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
JAMAKANSVT
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 46979
What I Drive: 2002 silver focus svt

FF Reputation: 1 JAMAKANSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Bad engine idle and stalling

I've had my 02 svt for over 6 years now and never face any engine problems up until recently. A few months back my radiator hose burst open leaking out all my coolant while i was driving home from work. This resulted with my engine over heating and warping the head. I made my mechanic rebuild the head for a leg buckling $1500. After picking up my car from the shop and driving it for a few weeks the idle of the car started fluctuating falling below 1000 rpm and progressively got bad to the point where the car stalls out. Now the car starts but idles terribly, stalls then shuts off when driving. I called my mechanic and he told me i may have a vacuum leak from my intake manifold. I think he's telling me this to avoid a warranty fix. I'm under the impression that he's trying to pin the problem on me for an error i made before bringing the car to him.

Prior to me bringing the car to the shop to get it diagnosed properly and finding out the head needed to be rebuilt i replaced the broken radiator hose and refilled up with coolant. The car was driving ok for about two days, then all of a sudden the engine would not turn over. So i sprayed some starter fluid in my intake and tried to start the car, this was a bad move because i ended up blowing off my intake manifold. This is when i then decided to leave it to the professionals and got the car towed to my mechanics shop where i then found out i overheated my engine warping the head.

I just want to know if anyone is familiar with bad idle and stalling due to a vacuum leak? I dont want my mechanic to try and pull a quick one on me making me pay for repairs that was of his fault. I'm thinking of taking the car to another mechanic shop to get a diagnosis, but just don't have the money for such right now. Thanks ahead for your responses.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.