2003 blaupunkt head unit no memory - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
oderus1671
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107936
What I Drive: 2003 silver 4 door focus

FF Reputation: 1 oderus1671 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2003 blaupunkt head unit no memory

New guy here. Nice to meet ya'll!
I have a 2003 Focus with the factory blaupunkt cd player. The car was originally the wifes, and she never used the stereo. Now, I am the daily driver and noticed the stereo does not remember any settings. The clock stays correct time, but nothing else. This is VERY frustrating to me because I simply cannot drive without tunes and Its a pain in the butt to reset everything. Checked the radio fuse, its good.
I noticed on a few youtube vids on removing the stereo, that theres a fuse on the back of the radio. could this be the issue? what is this fuse for?
Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
There are two power wires to the radio, a constant hot (fuse #31) and one that goes hot with the key (fuse #41).

Since the clock is not forgetting the time, I doubt that it is a power supply problem and could very likely be an internal problem with the stereo.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Moved to Car Audio and Electronics.

I think the people who frequent that area might be better at answering your question. I've personally never seen this particular problem before. Typically it just quits cycling or reading CDs.

You're in the right forum, this one is for maintenance and repair issues not related to modifications. You should get a better response in Car Audio.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
oderus1671
Focus Rookie

ok, so i recently noticed the clock is NOT keeping time. The fuse 31 is good, so it must have power all the time. I cant see how following the factory reset via pulling the fuse while playing a cd will help, as I can get to that setting normally just turning it on, and have already tried resetting it this way. Does doing the fuse-pull trick do something else other than doing it via the menu normally? It is not doing the reset over and over thing at all.
On a side note, the display also has vertical blank lines, or the so-called 'striped screen'. Could this be an indication of my problem?
I'd also really like to know what the fuse on the back of the head unit covers, the curiosity is killin me!It is red, and I think it is 5 or 10 amp.
I will try the fuse-pull thing tomorrow.
Just to clarify, this is the stock head unit that was factory installed and has never been removed, so I dont think any power leads got crossed.
Any suggestions? Im not in any shape to just buy a better aftermarket unit!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
oderus1671
Focus Rookie

so does anyone know what the fuse is in the back? I hate to go and buy a pair of keys to pull the radio, only to find it covers the power antenna or something like that. Am I wasting my time with this head unit???
Old 01-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
oderus1671
Focus Rookie

anyone???
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
oderus1671
Focus Rookie

pulling the fuse with a normal cd playing trick had no results. im stumped here... is my HU shot or what???

Bookmarks & Social Networks