Looking at the magnaflow exhaust - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #1
drummer829
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71497
What I Drive: 2005 liq grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 drummer829 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looking at the magnaflow exhaust

Well I'm on a budget, so i saw a 2.5 in magnaflow exhaust with the hi flow cat in the classifieds, but I just had a couple questions. This may sound stupid, but are the gains from this exhaust equivalent to the fswerks exhaust? Also, I'm not really a fan of the sound so I was wondering if the stealth pipe from fswerks would help quiet it down, or if there is any other pipe that would help with that. Also, does the hi flo cat really add gains or would it be better to leave that stock. I'm hoping to get this so I can do the tune next :).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
koke'sfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69779
What I Drive: 05 silver st

Points 4,213, Level 41
Points: 4,213, Level: 41 Points: 4,213, Level: 41 Points: 4,213, Level: 41
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 koke'sfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I think ur talking about my exhaust well it's gonna be the same gains as the fs werks 2.5 inch mandrel bent and u can ditch the hf cat and put another muffler or glass pack and that would quiet it down

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer829 View Post
Well I'm on a budget, so i saw a 2.5 in magnaflow exhaust with the hi flow cat in the classifieds, but I just had a couple questions. This may sound stupid, but are the gains from this exhaust equivalent to the fswerks exhaust? Also, I'm not really a fan of the sound so I was wondering if the stealth pipe from fswerks would help quiet it down, or if there is any other pipe that would help with that. Also, does the hi flo cat really add gains or would it be better to leave that stock. I'm hoping to get this so I can do the tune next :).
team duratec #94
D23 crew #9.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,544, Level 68
Points: 10,544, Level: 68 Points: 10,544, Level: 68 Points: 10,544, Level: 68
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
If your going for an exhaust system= 2.5'' mandrell bent pipes w/ either a magna flow or stealth. Forget the hi flow cat as you already have a mani/cat. What other mods do you have?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
drummer829
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71497
What I Drive: 2005 liq grey ST

FF Reputation: 1 drummer829 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
If your going for an exhaust system= 2.5'' mandrell bent pipes w/ either a magna flow or stealth. Forget the hi flow cat as you already have a mani/cat. What other mods do you have?
right now i only have the steeda SRI. but i looked online for soundclips of the magnaflow exhaust and im not a fan. I love the stealth tone which is why I was hoping to throw the stealth pipe on it
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,544, Level 68
Points: 10,544, Level: 68 Points: 10,544, Level: 68 Points: 10,544, Level: 68
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
right now i only have the steeda SRI. but i looked online for soundclips of the magnaflow exhaust and im not a fan. I love the stealth tone which is why I was hoping to throw the stealth pipe on it
Get the whole exhaust system kit, not just a muffler. Its a waste of time & cash, since you have a ST to begin w/.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131

Bookmarks & Social Networks