Focus Sales Surge 58% in Dec, 40% for 2012 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Sales Surge 58% in Dec, 40% for 2012

impressive US sales figures for the Focus, with December sales 58% greater than last December

December: 22,604 + 58.3%

Total 2012: 245,922 + 40.0%

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Impressive results. Seems to be a battle between the car's indifferent reputation (see MFT, DCT) and the really large cash incentives available.

Let's see: 22,604 sales * $ 2,000 or so per car=$ 45,000,000 just in December. Could do a lot of MFT and DCT reengineering for that and get a car that would sell based on its inherent goodness and critical acclaim rather than its low price.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 7 valmundo Good Standing Member
Yeah, like Honda didn't have any incentives in order to get rid of their 2012 civics.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
tdo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2591
What I Drive: '13 Focus Sedan TI Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 tdo Good Standing Member
Bought mine a couple weeks ago only because of the incentives. Got over 20% off from MSRP with the help of them (don't get any Ford worker incentives). Otherwise would have waited till spring. It's sitting now under a car cover, in the snow, till spring, while we use the 2002 one last winter.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #5
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
incentives on the Focus were the same as last December, the increase in sales is due to added production. A 3rd shift was added in the summer in response to strong demand.

What's most impressive is that even with much better than expected sales of the C-Max, Focus sales still surged 58%. The C-Max doesn't seem to stealing sales from the Focus.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
tdo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2591
What I Drive: '13 Focus Sedan TI Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 tdo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF4 View Post
What's most impressive is that even with much better than expected sales of the C-Max, Focus sales still surged 58%. The C-Max doesn't seem to stealing sales from the Focus.
We were very much interested in the C-Max. But once we got the options we wanted on it, the price just jumped out of what we wanted to pay.

Plus, it didn't look so much like a mini-van on-line at Ford. I was surprised how tall it was when I actually saw it on the lot. Never showed it to the wife, and she is deadfast against getting a minivan.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdo View Post
We were very much interested in the C-Max. But once we got the options we wanted on it, the price just jumped out of what we wanted to pay.

Plus, it didn't look so much like a mini-van on-line at Ford. I was surprised how tall it was when I actually saw it on the lot. Never showed it to the wife, and she is deadfast against getting a minivan.
I saw a c-max the other day and it looked more like a focus than I was expecting.

The huge selling point of that car is the 47mpg. I'm really curious what people get with it.

edit: just looked it up and it looks like it doesn't generally get 47 in real world driving. Although in one review it was also faster than a GTI and about the same speed to 60 as the focus ST.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirk View Post
The huge selling point of that car is the 47mpg. I'm really curious what people get with it.
People seem to be averaging more like 40mpg and there's word that Ford's testing is going to get checked by the EPA...

However, the people that would buy a C-Max are probably loading it with several kids and probably have a lot of traffic in their commute, otherwise they wouldn't shell out the extra money for a hybrid. But still, the mileage claims are 47/47. So the 40mpg still seems kind of low to me. EDIT: Especially with the Prius getting 49mpg and Prius V getting 42mpg in real life/Fuelly. It really upsets me how far behind the US still is when it comes to gas mileage. The Prius C is getting over 50mpg!

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/c-max/2013

http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveo...ports/1756237/
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #9
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkirk View Post
I saw a c-max the other day and it looked more like a focus than I was expecting.

edit: just looked it up and it looks like it doesn't generally get 47 in real world driving. Although in one review it was also faster than a GTI and about the same speed to 60 as the focus ST.
I think the C-Max looks great - it is high-time for a spacious car that is not huge. I wish it had a Turbo-Diesel engine instead of the hybrid setup, though. And, Ford's prices are mad these days...they must bake in the inevitable rebates from the start.

There is no way that it is as quick as an ST or GTI. It's probably a 9-10sec car to 60mph.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
People seem to be averaging more like 40mpg and there's word that Ford's testing is going to get checked by the EPA...

However, the people that would buy a C-Max are probably loading it with several kids and probably have a lot of traffic in their commute, otherwise they wouldn't shell out the extra money for a hybrid. But still, the mileage claims are 47/47. So the 40mpg still seems kind of low to me.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/c-max/2013

http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveo...ports/1756237/
Wow. Numbers don't lie.

Bookmarks & Social Networks