Anyone thinking hood pins? - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #21
RAF_S197
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91991
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford white Sport Black Pack

FF Reputation: 21 RAF_S197 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Drilling into your stock hood I put useless hood pins in = gay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #22
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Fan#: 96514
What I Drive: LesVagon

FF Reputation: 16 TiStick Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF_S197 View Post
Drilling into your stock hood I put useless hood pins in = gay
Agreed.

Securing a composite laminate hood with pins to keep it in place in event of latch failure or de-lamination of mounting point = necessity
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
Watch out for the D
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #23
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
Cause its recommended to use both, the hood was thin and it needed all the support you could give it.

Granted you could run how you want but with the warning recommendation on the under side of the hood to use both the latch and the pins. If you don't and something happens and it breaks. It'll be on you and not the supplier.

Sent from FBI surveillance van 2
I didn't mean why use hood pins... I meant why use lockable ones? If the latch is locking the hood, why not just get normal hood pins?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Tommyatomic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105916
What I Drive: MK3 FocusHatch 5SPD, '93 RHD WRX

FF Reputation: 1 Tommyatomic Good Standing Member
On the stock factory metal hood the only function of hoodpins would be as a cosmetic affectation. For cosmetic purposes who other than Satan's proctologist would think thats a good look on a focus?

I get if you actually need hoodpins. Then use the locking pins. They dont look too bad, if you absolutely need hoodpins.

My jdm WRX has factory hoodvents(not to be confused with the hoodscoop for the TMIC). They are quite functional. They serve a purpose. They allow hot air to escape the engine bay. If they were merely cosmetic I would have covered over them with fiberglass and repainted the hood. Having a non-functional bit of "flair" for the sake of flare is as ghetto as the people that use doublesided tape to stick a nonfunctional hoodscoop on the hood of their car.

Things like that can look "cool" because of the function they represent. For instance a functional hoodscoop looks cool because it means cowl induction or a tmic.

Hoodpins on a factory hood just mean that your hoodlatch is broken. a broken hoodlatch isnt cool.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #25
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyatomic View Post
On the stock factory metal hood the only function of hoodpins would be as a cosmetic affectation. For cosmetic purposes who other than Satan's proctologist would think thats a good look on a focus?

I get if you actually need hoodpins. Then use the locking pins. They dont look too bad, if you absolutely need hoodpins.

My jdm WRX has factory hoodvents(not to be confused with the hoodscoop for the TMIC). They are quite functional. They serve a purpose. They allow hot air to escape the engine bay. If they were merely cosmetic I would have covered over them with fiberglass and repainted the hood. Having a non-functional bit of "flair" for the sake of flare is as ghetto as the people that use doublesided tape to stick a nonfunctional hoodscoop on the hood of their car.

Things like that can look "cool" because of the function they represent. For instance a functional hoodscoop looks cool because it means cowl induction or a tmic.

Hoodpins on a factory hood just mean that your hoodlatch is broken. a broken hoodlatch isnt cool.
Well, my USDM Subaru 2.5RS Coupe has a hood scoop, 2 vents, and NO turbo/intercooler, from the factory. The vents and the scoop have blocking plates behind them. People still like the car, regardless of the ridiculous hood Subaru put on it.
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Watch out for the D
Old 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
If you have a fiberglass of carbon fiber hood, then pins or Dzus fasteners are necessary.
If you put them on a steel hood, you are "doing it wrong"
Putting a CF hood on a 16 second car never made much sense to me anyway, unless you really like driving a pretend race car.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #27
TiStick
Boob Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
If you have a fiberglass of carbon fiber hood, then pins or Dzus fasteners are necessary.
If you put them on a steel hood, you are "doing it wrong"
Putting a CF hood on a 16 second car never made much sense to me anyway, unless you really like driving a pretend race car.
Did someone say RACECAR?!?

because RACECAR!!!!

/thread
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #11
Hatch Nation#163
Quote:
Watch out for the D
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #28
StockTalon

Fan#: 94771
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 StockTalon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
Thank you, you just summed up 99.99% of every econobox on the road. The majority of the owners think their intakes and exhausts make their cars some 9 second monster when really, they are just annoying and always get in the way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks