Focus Fanatics Forum banner

my very slow forced induction build!

36K views 177 replies 21 participants last post by  700whpfocus 
#1 · (Edited)
1)JE FSR Pistons (New Style piston; 9.0:1 85.5mm bore) , The JE Pistons have the upgraded wrist Pins (thicker wall pins to handle high boost / loads), 2)Crower I-Beam Rods, 3)Pro-Gram Billet Main Caps , 4)ARP Main Studs, 5)Clevite H-Series Rod & Main Bearings, 6) Ford Crank that has been rebalanced, 7)new freeze plugs, 8)deck has been resurfaced, the oil filter plug has been modified so the main oil galley is not blocked and the engine gets full oil flow.the oil clearances are on the tighter side of the spec sheet to allow for better oil pressure. ..$1800
9) FORD RACING INTAKE MANIFOLD WITH 70MM TB...$450
10)FORD RACING HEAD WITH UPGRADED VALVE SPRINGS, INTAKE AND EXHAUST VALVES (1MM). EXTRA WORK ON HEAD.MORE THAN "FR"
11)MC NEWS TURBO CAMS....$150
12) FOCUS CENTRAL CAM GEARS..$75
13) ARP fLYWHEEL BOLTS...$25
14) ARP MAIN AND HEAD STUDS...$50.....each set
15)FORD RACING OIL PUMP.. $50 .I WISH IT WAS THE CFM BILLET.OH WELL...brand new
16)SIEMENS 80 LB FUEL INJECTORS....$195 17)NEW TIMING BELT& TENSINORS SET..$50
18) BRAND NEW WATER PUMP...$50
19) CUSTOM RADIATOR.....$100
20)OBX FUEL RAIL.AEROMOTIVE BOOST DEPENDENT FUEL PRESSURE....$215 REGULATOR.......HOPING TO GO FUEL RETURN.LOOKING TO GET THE DEATSCHWERKS FUEL PUMP DW300.....320LPH21) FORD GT FUEL PUMP IN 2003 FORD FOCUS BASKET- $100
22)SYNAPSE 50MM WASTEGATE...$125
23)SYNAPSE BOV ......$100
24)GARRETT GT3582R DUAL BALL BEARING......GOT IT FOR A STEAL "$549"....BRAND NEW
25) HUGE INTERCOOLER 3 INCH INTAKE /OUTPUT....FREE
26) BLASST STAGE 2 TURBO KIT...WILL BE MODIFIED

See less See more
#4 ·
i do not have all pics on my present laptop. it was on my old laptop. currently tying to get fixed. Its a slow ass build............trying to pay off old debt and paying for school.............. its on my bucket list to be done before christmas of 2013.
I will post pics as soon as i get the time too.
i have been racking up parts...good prices i think.............i may sell a few.
i have a svt block....... possibly selling........ its a bare block

MY BLOCK ON THE LIST FOR $1800 IS BRAND NEW. THIS INCLUDED ALL PARTS AND WORK TO ADJUST THE NEW BILLET MAIN CAPS,ETC...........BUILT BY THE OWNER OF REAL STREET PERFORMANCE. IT WAS NOT HIS FIRST ZETEC BUILD EITHER. THE MOTOR LOOKS MINT.

#3 · (Edited)
27) APEXI AVIC2 ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLER AND HKS TURBO TIMER...$250
28)CLUTCHMASTER ALUMINUN FLYWHEEL...USED BUT REFURFACED....$125
29) 180 DEGREE THERMOSTAT.....$15
30) 2 PACKS OF MOTORCRAFT PLUGS 1 STEP COLDER SP-463......CAME WITH TURBO KIT
31) EXTRA CYLINDER HEAD WORK....$400
32) FORD RACING CYLINDER HEAD..$600
33) svt head gasket......free with fr head....it was a brand new gasket

34) fel pro engine gasket....upper and lower....$100....internet discouts through advanced autoparts
35) CUSTOM RADIATOR...$100
SUSPENSION SET UP AND BRAKES
1) BAT INC FRONT BRAKE UPGRADE( UPGRADED SIZE ROTOR, CALIPERS) $250
2) SVT REAR DISC BRAKE SET UP...............FREE DUE TO TRADE

3)Ford Racing 28mm rear swaw bars reinforced control arms(WELDED PLATE). POLYURETHANE BUSHING INCLUDED $80
4)AEM 22 MM FRONT SWAY BAR...$75
5)FOCUS SPORT STUT TOWER BAR....$50
6) EIBACH SHOCKS AND STRUTS (USED PRO DAMPERS 34,[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] MILES).....$150
7) 1 1/2 INCH DROP PROGRESSIVE RATE SPRINGS....$60
8) PROTHANE REAR BUMP STOPS....$15
9)carbon fiber hood....$75

LOOKING TO GET THESE ITEMS

3 INCH AND 2 1/2 INCH INTERCOOLER PIPING
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
3 INCH CATBACK EXHAUST AND 3 INCH DOWN PIPE
BUSHING KIT FOR SUSPENSION
OIL CATCH CAN
POWER STEERING PUMP LINES
DID I MISS ANYTHING YET?

#12 ·
Is that how you also got the ARP head and Main studs for so cheap? the two of them run $220 for both and you say you got them for $50? How much power are you expecting?

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
i am on 3 forums. I search in the archives and just OFFER prices to them....if they say YES, then we do a deal or i just keep watching for items not sold yet. i have just been lucky. all parts are in mint condition. Alot of the parts are from people getting out of the focus game also. The gt3582r.I bought of racing junk,com. the guy i bought it from is a fabricator. Last year he did work for a builder and he did not have all the funds. so, he gave the guy the turbo as partial payment with cash. the guy put it in his garage for 8 months.never sold it at the time. he wanted $950 at the time. i kept watching the ad and emailing and calling him. he kept declining my offer for $800. Finally after 3 weeks he agrees. At this time I did not realized my paypal was not linked to my bank account and i reached the $2000 limit.......i was only able to send $549. I called him and he said ok..since i had already made the payment. we agreed that when i recieved the turbo I will pay the rest...........i let him know i recieved it and it was on my birthday. He told me don't worry about the rest. happy birthday.......lucky as hell for me. I did have the turbo inspected..............MINT AS THEY COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at my short block deal..if bought seperately

1) je fsr pistons and pins......$575
2)crower I beam rods- $890
3)pro gram billet main caps- $375
4) clevite h series rod and main bearings- $168
5)arp main studs...$85
Total not including machine work for main caps or any balancing of engine or assembly or tax =$2093..............i got my short block with all work done for $1800.
I will get pics of the short block. I have a few hundred left to pay on it. I have been up to see the motor. damn it looks sweet.

I am looking to make 450whp on pump gas if possible

#22 ·
The brake rotors? You can spray any oil you want like WD-40... you just have to clean it off with brake clean when you install them. Bust as far as when they are on the car... not a whole lot to my knowledge. You can used a high temp anti seize for the center hub section but that's not visible. Any other coating or paint would just flake off or create an additional thermal barrier to dissipate heate.

#23 ·
the brake rotors? You can spray any oil you want like wd-40... You just have to clean it off with brake clean when you install them. Bust as far as when they are on the car... Not a whole lot to my knowledge. You can used a high temp anti seize for the center hub section but that's not visible. Any other coating or paint would just flake off or create an additional thermal barrier to dissipate heate.
thanks magnus!

#33 ·
i have the 3 inch maf....not in the pic or on the list. found it today. lol....$75
I need a catch can and pvc baffle......does anyone have pics of a pvc baffle..call me stupid.
I have a sct x2 handheld device...got it with my turbo kit.
i HAVE A MAFIA ALSO...$115
I have an INNOVATIVE wideband... GOT IT FREE....i wanna get a digital guage.

THE CLUTCH WILL BE THE HARD PART IN DECIDEING

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.