My Ford Touch Thread - Page 272 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #2711
Merrigan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 104581
What I Drive: 2013 Black SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Merrigan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
I honestly think that Ford's biggest problem with competing in the US auto market is the high volume of really lousy dealers. I don't think most of them have moved beyond 1970's mentality with regard to customer service. I have never had many issues with my car, but EVERY dealer in central Florida is a disgrace to Ford. Honda, Acura, VW, BMW, Toyota and Lexus dealers are all much better. I hate to generalize, but I have had a lot of experience with different dealers and the trend is very clear. Obviously I can't speak for all of them, but I have good friends in Michigan, and I hear the same from them as well. /Rant Off
The MFT in my focus has been acting up the past few days. I can't access the phone menu using the touch screen, but I can with voice commands. It's also giving me issues with usb devices. I called my ford dealership today and no luck. They closed early and the service manager wasn't in. So no luck still. Hopefully I can get somewhere with them on Wednesday.

But as for the dealerships. The 2 in this area are owned by the same parent company. We use them for our work trucks as well. They're usually a pain to deal with for that to.

But I've also dealt with some in other parts of Canada that were a pleasure to deal with. So I guess it's hit or miss.

Sent from your mom's house.
Sonics MK3 Crew #21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #2712
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrigan View Post
The MFT in my focus has been acting up the past few days. I can't access the phone menu using the touch screen, but I can with voice commands. It's also giving me issues with usb devices. I called my ford dealership today and no luck. They closed early and the service manager wasn't in. So no luck still. Hopefully I can get somewhere with them on Wednesday.

But as for the dealerships. The 2 in this area are owned by the same parent company. We use them for our work trucks as well. They're usually a pain to deal with for that to.

But I've also dealt with some in other parts of Canada that were a pleasure to deal with. So I guess it's hit or miss.

Sent from your mom's house.
I can agree with the central FL claim. My normal dealership is a nightmare when it comes to service. My salesman was awesome and the process was painless, but service has been a nightmare. Almost nothing has been done when I bring my car in and they routinely keep it all day. Twice it's been kept over 8 hours for an oil change and a few other things.... twice I had an "appointment" with them for 8am.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #2713
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Anyone wondering what Ford has in store for CES this week? Apparently there has already been a social app introduced for Sync that has no association with MFT. What I'm really hoping for is that Ford grows a brain and comes out with a bridging app for all the smartphone platforms that can send along text and music meta data, and phone calls, etc.. there would be no more incompatibility across cell phones then. MFT would have to be updated yet again but what do I know?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #2714
ctvfam
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106805
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 1 ctvfam Good Standing Member
we can only pray^
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #2715
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
I'd rather they get the system 100% right first before trying to throw more into the fray. So my longshot dream is that they come out at CES with an apology and a brand new interface that actually works the first time every time.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #2716
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Wow, the Ford press conference is over and it wasn't good for mft. It wasn't even mentioned. Instead Ford concentrated on the older sync system and apps development for that. Its not a good sign when a manufacturer puts all the attention on an older platform over the newer one. It seems to me Ford has all but abandoned mft. Great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD
Old 01-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #2717
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Wow, the Ford press conference is over and it wasn't good for mft. It wasn't even mentioned. Instead Ford concentrated on the older sync system and apps development for that. Its not a good sign when a manufacturer puts all the attention on an older platform over the newer one. It seems to me Ford has all but abandoned mft. Great.

Talking about third party apps and how they can be controlled by applink doesn't really benefit sync G1 v 3.x from 2012 as they have not made any announcements as to updates so sync G1 customers have still been left for dead in comparison to MFT which has been updated several times.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #2718
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:

I wonder if they think MFT is too complex to open to development?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #2719
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
It seems to me Ford has all but abandoned mft. Great.
I wouldn't think so simply because the number of models with MFT has been increasing.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #2720
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
http://arstechnica.com/information-t...gram-for-sync/

But Ford owners who have vehicles with the second generation of Sync may have to wait a little longer. Marketed as MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch, the next-generation Sync system sports a larger 8-inch, touch-sensitive display. But it doesn't currently support AppLink—Ellis says Ford is working on it, but just how soon MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch will get the voice integration capability remains to be determined.

Bookmarks & Social Networks