ANGEL EYES - DAYLIGHT on Focus mk3 - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #51
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I guess everyone is just waiting for a guinea pig now to try them out :p

I agree that halo and brow are a little overkill, but maybe we can get the seller to deactivate one of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #52
SydneyRoo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86671
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 SydneyRoo Good Standing Member
subscribing to this thread..
I like those headlights but I don't want to be the first :P
Plus I don't necessarily trust China 100% yet :/

Not overly keen on the halo eyes, but the LED strips look awesome. I've wanted projectors on my car since day 1. Don't care so much about HID, since it's probably difficult to reprogram the computer.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #53
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
I saw a car with these while I was visiting family in Tulsa, OK over the holiday. They look NICE, but I can't say anything for how much light they put out. When I saw them I started drooling over wanting a set...But now that I see they're a cheap Chinese product I'll stick to my good housings.

My initial thought was that they were in an ST, but when the car passed it was a normal MK3.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #54
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zehkaiser View Post
I saw a car with these while I was visiting family in Tulsa, OK over the holiday. They look NICE, but I can't say anything for how much light they put out. When I saw them I started drooling over wanting a set...But now that I see they're a cheap Chinese product I'll stick to my good housings.

My initial thought was that they were in an ST, but when the car passed it was a normal MK3.
According to both vendors they haven't sold a single set yet. It is more likely that the owner retro-fitted his existing headlights or found another company.

Everyone continues to associate the word "cheap" with this product which, apart from having hands on them, is unfounded and biased. Chinese products don't necessarily equal cheap, although I understand the stigma.

We've been begging for aftermarket products for the MK3 and now that we're starting to get some there are those that want to decry "cheap." Let's slow down until we know for sure.

Baby steps...baby steps. At least the Chinese are starting the necessary move to get some aftermarket support.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #55
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubhack View Post
According to both vendors they haven't sold a single set yet. It is more likely that the owner retro-fitted his existing headlights or found another company.

Everyone continues to associate the word "cheap" with this product which, apart from having hands on them, is unfounded and biased. Chinese products don't necessarily equal cheap, although I understand the stigma.

We've been begging for aftermarket products for the MK3 and now that we're starting to get some there are those that want to decry "cheap." Let's slow down until we know for sure.

Baby steps...baby steps. At least the Chinese are starting the necessary move to get some aftermarket support.
The reason why I think they look "cheap" is the fact that they look like something an extra from the cast of The Fast and Furious would use. If I wanted projector housings at all I'd prefer the clean O.E. style of housing without the added twinkling LEDs. The price does seem quite high to me for something that they say is an HID projector housing but is sold if you read through it as an empty shell intended only for use with h7/h1 halogen bulbs leaving you to sort out an HID conversion kit separately.

Maybe the quality of assembly is better than the look of the product itself, but that remains to be seen.

The only difference between cheap Chinese junk and a quality product coming from China is the quality control. Most of the worlds goods are being manufactured in whole or in part in China. Although for the higher quality products there are usually more stringent quality controls than for those products intended for either the domestic market in China, or for the unscrupulous factory owner looking to make money no matter what.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #56
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The reason why I think they look "cheap" is the fact that they look like something an extra from the cast of The Fast and Furious would use. If I wanted projector housings at all I'd prefer the clean O.E. style of housing without the added twinkling LEDs. The price does seem quite high to me for something that they say is an HID projector housing but is sold if you read through it as an empty shell intended only for use with h7/h1 halogen bulbs leaving you to sort out an HID conversion kit separately.

Maybe the quality of assembly is better than the look of the product itself, but that remains to be seen.

The only difference between cheap Chinese junk and a quality product coming from China is the quality control. Most of the worlds goods are being manufactured in whole or in part in China. Although for the higher quality products there are usually more stringent quality controls than for those products intended for either the domestic market in China, or for the unscrupulous factory owner looking to make money no matter what.
I get it Ben. They look "cheap" to you because you're not a fan of the the bling. But looking cheap in your eyes and actually being cheaply made are two separate things. That is my contention, until we know for sure let's leave the "cheap" label out of it.

My understanding in speaking with the vendors is that the price of the mold was quite high. Hence the high price of the lights and the reason they are unable to offer the HID as apart of that price. They need to recoup the price of the mold. It's business and I get it.

They are not intended for "H1/H7 use only." They offer the HID kit as an add on to their headlights which suggests that housing and projectors are compatible with HID or they wouldn't offer it at all.

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out a flawed premise when it comes to this particular product being "cheap." I'm trying to give these vendors the benefit of the doubt, and "innocent until proven guilty."

EDIT: I was looking at their feedback score, which is 100%. It is a small sampling but it seems that their primary business, at least on the Bay of e, is LED headlights and taillights. All buyers, to this point, like the product they received.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #57
spikeyjon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11297
What I Drive: 2012 Frozen White Zetec S (180ps)

FF Reputation: 3 spikeyjon Good Standing Member
European-parts put this pic up on their facebook page back in august 2012, they look quite nice, but they haven't started selling them yet as far as I know :-

They also put this pic up at the same time of some LED rear lights :-

Their facebook page is here if anyone wants to like their page :-

https://www.facebook.com/EuropeanPartsNet?fref=ts

Cheers,

Jon.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #58
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeyjon View Post
European-parts put this pic up on their facebook page back in august 2012, they look quite nice, but they haven't started selling them yet as far as I know :-

Cheers,

Jon.
Those don't look like the pictures they put up on the site which were of the genuine Ford parts, so are they selling the real thing at that price, or just the aftermarket ones?

That's a bit misleading if the HID projectors and rear tail lamps don't match the pictures shown.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #59
spikeyjon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11297
What I Drive: 2012 Frozen White Zetec S (180ps)

FF Reputation: 3 spikeyjon Good Standing Member
The ones on their facebook page are after market ones, the ones on their website are genuine Ford parts.
I assume they will be selling the after market ones in the future, and were just guaging interest on their facbook page.

Jon.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #60
suss6052
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeyjon View Post
The ones on their facebook page are after market ones, the ones on their website are genuine Ford parts.
Do you happen to know if their HID housings come complete with bulbs and ballasts or not, or if they are plug and play in a car with standard halogen lighting?

They are still a touch expensive if they are the real thing, but this is the cheapest way I've seen yet to get a pair of real o.e. spec housings if this is true. The least expensive ones I've seen listed from a U.S. Ford dealer is over $1400 usd each, and that's too much money.

Bookmarks & Social Networks