Power Steering Pump high pressure fitting - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
Joelnaf
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93167
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Joelnaf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Power Steering Pump high pressure fitting

Hey everyone, so i've just had my motor out of my car because I was doing a ton of work and decided it would be easier outside the car..... anyways I installed the motor and it runs great but I developed a really bad power steering leak. I did not disconnect the power steering fitting (i took the pump off the motor and swung it out of the way to get the motor out). Now that i reinstalled it and the hose in the fitting is loose. The fitting is as tight as I can get it but the hose has wiggle room and letting fluid by. Obviously the hose is not seating on the inside of the pump and as a result it is leaking very badly.

Bottom line: Power steering high pressure fitting is tight but the hose is not seating causing it to leak.

I was doing research on it and some guys in England say that it needs a modified hose and pump???? I just don't want to have to replace the whole power steering hose.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or do I just need a new hose?
Thanks everyone!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
svtguy88
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 13476
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT

FF Reputation: 17 svtguy88 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I don't really have an answer for you, but if I understand correctly, the PS lines remained attached the entire time? Maybe something bent while the the pump was hanging there without an engine?

Just an idea...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
NJSVTGUY
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46519
What I Drive: 86 GN, 11.1@128, 20 psi

FF Reputation: 8 NJSVTGUY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
That fitting has an O-ring inside, problem is there is also snap ring that holds the fitting to the line so without a special tool you cannot get to it.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Joelnaf
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93167
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Joelnaf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah it is totally possible that I could have Bent something but I have looked at it and I honestly don't see any problems.

I found that little plastic oring. It is super small but maybe that is my problem so I will try and find a replacement and see what happens.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->