2013 Ford Focus Transmission - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #81
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,230, Level 35
Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsken View Post
...I will be happy if the car continues to perform like it does now. I will say, though, that I would be willing to give up a little gas mileage for better throttle response when the trans should be downshifting more willingly at low road speeds as when rounding a corner @ 10-20 mph, then accelerating...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandIT View Post
...I'd sign something if Ford could give me the option to get it to shift down earlier and sacrifice the economy guarantee. It would be a much, so much better car to drive and I believe it would only take a few hundred revs difference to do it...
blackhillsken & LandIT,

Those are some cool ideas; I suggest submitting them here:

http://Social.Ford.com/your-ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordblue View Post
A disfunctional family...
I imagine us all sitting down for a family dinner, fordblue. LOL Could you please pass the mashed potatoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
...So I am more than happy with my Focus !
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30og View Post
...Best of all no low speed stumbling or clutch failures! No annoyances with gear changes!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously Focused View Post
My car's DCT behaves just as yours and has a build date of May 25 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
...I've gotten 42.1 mpg at 65 mph with the benefit of that "useless" 6th gear with a car load of passengers and overnight bags over 470.1 miles and 11.176 gallons of gasoline. That included starting and stopping the car in town at both ends of the trip, the run to the hotel and to breakfast the next day, etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdab99 View Post
...First impressions - best and most fun car for the money that I've ever driven. The DCT has been perfect...
It’s awesome to see everyone’s Focus love; this thread made my morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiracer View Post
...The DCT works OK in diive but when changing to S and self shifting it skips 2nd gear almost always and shifts out of third at 4000 or so with the throttle held wide open...
stiracer,

I want to reach out and offer my assistance by arranging a call from your regional customer service manager. Please send me a PM with your best daytime phone number, full name, VIN, mileage, and dealer details.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #82
scada
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107778
What I Drive: 2013, Silver, Focus S

FF Reputation: 1 scada Good Standing Member
5 Speed S

On Boxing Day of 2012 I traded in a '09 Malibu. I had problems with the auto transmission so opted for the 5 speed Focus to try and avoid tranny problems in the future.

The only issue I have is a bit of noise when the car is in neutral that goes away when the clutch is pressed in.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #83
GJCFocus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111004
What I Drive: 2013, Silver, SE

FF Reputation: 1 GJCFocus Good Standing Member
2013 Focus SEL Transmission hemorrhaging Fluid

2013 Ford Focus SE Automatic just used for daily commute to work.

Nearing the 5,000 mile mark I had scheduled the 5K checkup at the dealership. I have felt the shuddering that many talk about when people talk about in the their day to day driving. However a couple days ago there were some weird sounds/smells/and loss of power that I was experience during acceleration and shifting. I made it home, then to work the next day, and then straight to the dealership after work for the appointment at the dealership. After an oil change and tire rotation they jacked the thing up to give the transmission a once over after I had told them about the odd experiences (when I had told them, they played it off as the usual transmission shuddering that is apparently "characteristic of the car") but when they took a look, there was so much transmission fluid everywhere, they couldn't even identify where the leak started and where it stopped. They told me I was lucky I made it in. They said they added a quart of transmission fluid and it didn't come near the dip stick. they game me a loaner car and said it could be up to a week before I get it back..... I am not happy about this. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Does anyone know more about the Lemon Law for Wa State?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #84
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

Points 6,210, Level 51
Points: 6,210, Level: 51 Points: 6,210, Level: 51 Points: 6,210, Level: 51
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 12 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJCFocus View Post
I am not happy about this. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Does anyone know more about the Lemon Law for Wa State?

Thanks
It's your first time with the problem, your dealer is currently working on it, and you're already thinking about the lemon law? This is the kind of attitude that leads to self-fulfilling prophecies.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #85
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

Points 2,848, Level 32
Points: 2,848, Level: 32 Points: 2,848, Level: 32 Points: 2,848, Level: 32
Level Up 66% Completed
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 12 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
2013 Ford Focus SEL Automatic just used for daily commute to work.

Nearing the 5,000 mile mark I had scheduled the 5K checkup at the dealership. I have felt the shuddering that many talk about when people talk about in the their day to day driving. However a couple days ago there were some weird sounds/smells/and loss of power that I was experience during acceleration and shifting. I made it home, then to work the next day, and then straight to the dealership after work for the appointment at the dealership. After an oil change and tire rotation they jacked the thing up to give the transmission a once over after I had told them about the odd experiences (when I had told them, they played it off as the usual transmission shuddering that is apparently "characteristic of the car") but when they took a look, there was so much transmission fluid everywhere, they couldn't even identify where the leak started and where it stopped. They told me I was lucky I made it in. They said they added a quart of transmission fluid and it didn't come near the dip stick. they game me a loaner car and said it could be up to a week before I get it back..... I am not happy about this. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Does anyone know more about the Lemon Law for Wa State?

Thanks
It seems very likely that your transmission had a leaking seal. The dealer will replace the seal and put in new clutches, which should restore the car to like-new condition. It's regrettable, but things can go wrong with new cars. Once fixed the problem shouldn't reoccur. Be happy your dealer is on top of it.

Lemon laws aren't intended to guarantee everyone a perfect vehicle, but to give consumers an option for serious problems the dealer can't fix after repeated tries. Most states require 3 failed efforts to fix in the first 12 months, so you're a long way from a lemon law action.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #86
GJCFocus
Focus Rookie

Good to know. Yeah they seem pretty on top of it which I am happy about. They were really scratching their heads though saying they haven't seen anything like this in a car with such low miles... Thanks!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #87
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Quote:
2013 Ford Focus SEL Automatic just used for daily commute to work.
For 2013, they removed the SEL model so there's only S, SE and Titanium...
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #88
GJCFocus
Focus Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
For 2013, they removed the SEL model so there's only S, SE and Titanium...
I am obviously new to the Focus and this thread... It's the SE then. Thanks for the correction.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #89
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,230, Level 35
Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35 Points: 3,230, Level: 35
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 28%
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
2013 Ford Focus SE Automatic just used for daily commute to work.

Nearing the 5,000 mile mark I had scheduled the 5K checkup at the dealership. I have felt the shuddering that many talk about when people talk about in the their day to day driving. However a couple days ago there were some weird sounds/smells/and loss of power that I was experience during acceleration and shifting. I made it home, then to work the next day, and then straight to the dealership after work for the appointment at the dealership. After an oil change and tire rotation they jacked the thing up to give the transmission a once over after I had told them about the odd experiences (when I had told them, they played it off as the usual transmission shuddering that is apparently "characteristic of the car") but when they took a look, there was so much transmission fluid everywhere, they couldn't even identify where the leak started and where it stopped. They told me I was lucky I made it in. They said they added a quart of transmission fluid and it didn't come near the dip stick. they game me a loaner car and said it could be up to a week before I get it back...
Hi GJCFocus,

It sounds like your dealer is working hard to get this resolved for you. Tell us how the repair goes; if you need any assistance, just send me a PM and I'll do what I can to help.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #90
blackhillsken
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104089
What I Drive: 2013 SE Ruby Red hatch

Points 160, Level 3
Points: 160, Level: 3 Points: 160, Level: 3 Points: 160, Level: 3
Level Up 20% Completed
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 blackhillsken Good Standing Member
Cory, I tried going to the site you suggested for submitting owner ideas and got a blank page. Has it changed?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.