2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running) - Page 16 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #151
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
LOL. Here we go again. The sky is falling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #152
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Its normal, look at this video same thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbGjGX3dyM If you read the description 12013 2013 Focus- Clicking from the automatic transmission after vehicle is unlocked and prior to engine starting. 2013 Focus vehicles equipped with the Powershift DPS6 transmission may experience a clicking noise from the transmission after the doors are unlocked, opened and prior to the engine starting for up to 3 minutes. The noise is the transmission shift motors waking up and preparing for startup. Attempts to eliminate the noise should not be made. Effective Date:23-OCTOBER-2012
Old 12-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #153
powermax
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105453
What I Drive: Ex 2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE

FF Reputation: 2 powermax Good Standing Member
Its normal, look at this video same thing.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbGjGX3dyM If you read the description 12013 2013 Focus- Clicking from the automatic transmission after vehicle is unlocked and prior to engine starting. 2013 Focus vehicles equipped with the Powershift DPS6 transmission may experience a clicking noise from the transmission after the doors are unlocked, opened and prior to the engine starting for up to 3 minutes. The noise is the transmission shift motors waking up and preparing for startup. Attempts to eliminate the noise should not be made. Effective Date:23-OCTOBER-2012
Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #154
BetaDnB
Drum n Bass Lover

Fan#: 87466
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SE Sport

FF Reputation: 11 BetaDnB Great Standing Member
There's already a 15 page thread about this that's very active. Can these be consolidated please.
Sedan Revolution #249 - 2012 SE Sport - ╠╬╝ - Ingot Silver - 201A - K&N w/ snorkel delete - Blox Type R Knob
Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #155
StingRay
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67421
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver ST

FF Reputation: 4 StingRay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifftech2K13 View Post
I just found that, and I am now very disheartened, I thought I was getting a car I would be worry free for awhile and now I am going to wonder if something else might go wrong cause of it.
You are reading opinions from a very small percentage of the focus market on here. And not only that, but a large majority of people that post opinions on the internet are people who were dissatisfied. You have to realise that there are probably just as many satisfied DCT equipped Focuses out there, heck even my father has one and has had zero problems in the 5000 miles he has on it. Don't just listen to the trolls in the mk3 section who seem to make it their mission to inform people of problems that most likely wont happen.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:40 PM   #156
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
You are reading opinions from a very small percentage of the focus market on here. And not only that, but a large majority of people that post opinions on the internet are people who were dissatisfied. You have to realise that there are probably just as many satisfied DCT equipped Focuses out there, heck even my father has one and has had zero problems in the 5000 miles he has on it. Don't just listen to the trolls in the mk3 section who seem to make it their mission to inform people of problems that most likely wont happen.
Not to start a derail but, from every major car review outlet, none have any type of praise for the DCT.

Just sayin'...
Old 12-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #157
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
Most the reviewers dont care for it, though that is different from saying it is unreliable.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #158
Doctor Drew
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82372
What I Drive: 2012 SEL 5dr PowerShudder

FF Reputation: 1 Doctor Drew Good Standing Member
Does this only occur on 2013 models? Mine's a '12 and has never done it. It seems rather unnecessary for the car to have to repeat this cycle over and over again. Yeah yeah, I know Ford says it's probably normal, just like everything weird these cars do is normal, but I wish there was a more detailed explanation given as to what exactly is going inside the brains of these cars.

Also, as stupid as this sounds, but for the guys with the noise: Do you use your parking brake every time you park?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #159
G-Paw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 107854
What I Drive: 2103 Ruby Red Ford Focus, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 G-Paw Good Standing Member
click, click, whirr

I also have this noise on my brand new 2013 Focus. A guy posted a YouTube video which really illustrates what it sounds like and how long it lasts. This link is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbGjGX3dyM
The dealer never heard of it before I brought it up. Their research came up with a notification from Ford which read:
"SSM 12013 - 2013 Focus - Clicking noise from the automatic transmission after vehicle is unlocked and prior to engine starting.
2013 Focus Vehicles equipped with the Powershift DPS6 transmission may experience a clicking noise from the transmission after the doors are unlocked, opened and prior to the engine starting for up to 3 minutes. The noise is the transmission shift motors waking up and preparing for startup. Attempts to eliminate the noise should not be made."

I am very, very unhappy with Ford's response to this ridiculous response. I intend to pursue this issue to Ford in Michigan, local TV media and Washington, D.C. for a recall notice from the feds.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #160
Pendarus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94411
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 Pendarus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Paw View Post

I am very, very unhappy with Ford's response to this ridiculous response. I intend to pursue this issue to Ford in Michigan, local TV media and Washington, D.C. for a recall notice from the feds.
Seriously?
Build Date: 03/06/12
Delivery Date: 03/30/12

Bookmarks & Social Networks