Finally A Focus on TARMACS! - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #41
rambleon84
So mote be it
 
rambleon84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Fan#: 51521
Location: columbus, OH
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

Posts: 5,087
FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I like the wheels and the way the car is sitting both look great, nice setup for sure. I'm not a fan of the wheel color though, just seems too little or how others have said unfinished... Only thing that matters is how you like them and enjoy them...if you ever stop liking them, a color is easy enough to change.

the op is fine with peoples opinions and critiques, wish more people would be less sensitive to opinions from us internet experts
the right attitude for sure
rambleon84 is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #42
Macky21
Focus Addict
 
Macky21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 75644
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

Posts: 612
FF Reputation: 3 Macky21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Did you change the hub size at all when you ordered them? Which hub size did you pick
__________________
2004 ZX5 SVT - Sold
2013 Oxford White Focus ST (ST2) - FSWerks tuned, Cobb Intake
Hatch Nation #116
Macky21 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #43
SilentSamurai
Focus Enthusiast
 
SilentSamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105928
Location: Orange County, CA
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE

Posts: 72
FF Reputation: 1 SilentSamurai Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
I like the wheels and the way the car is sitting both look great, nice setup for sure. I'm not a fan of the wheel color though, just seems too little or how others have said unfinished... Only thing that matters is how you like them and enjoy them...if you ever stop liking them, a color is easy enough to change.

the op is fine with peoples opinions and critiques, wish more people would be less sensitive to opinions from us internet experts
the right attitude for sure


Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky21 View Post
Did you change the hub size at all when you ordered them? Which hub size did you pick
Hey Macky, First thing I would check is if the ST is the same as our models.

Our SE's are 63.4 HUB which is what my guy ordered. But their site says 63.3 - According to my wheel guy, "I ordered 63.4 WITH Hub rings." Don't forget to order those!!

So if you do go with these, you def want 18x8.5 +40 with 63.4 hub size and hub rings. Rear's could use a spacer, maybe 5mm to 10mm (max) but not by much.

Good luck!


I should also add that if you want to go lower than me (im at the highest setting btw) I would go a smaller tire. The lowest you can go before stretching the tire is 225's. Anything lower requires stretching of the tire which I don't like nor recommend but you can get low.
SilentSamurai is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #44
Mile30
Focus Fanatic
 
Mile30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Fan#: 74686
Location: Westminster, MD
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

Posts: 1,777
FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Wow! The only cues missing now are the fuel flaps in the rear, the electric kill switch, and a few stickers and tow hooks...

That makes it look so purpose-built! Huzzah!!!



__________________
"I'm gonna sing the doom song..."
Mile30 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #45
Macky21
Focus Addict
 
Macky21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 75644
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

Posts: 612
FF Reputation: 3 Macky21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSamurai View Post




Hey Macky, First thing I would check is if the ST is the same as our models.

Our SE's are 63.4 HUB which is what my guy ordered. But their site says 63.3 - According to my wheel guy, "I ordered 63.4 WITH Hub rings." Don't forget to order those!!

So if you do go with these, you def want 18x8.5 +40 with 63.4 hub size and hub rings. Rear's could use a spacer, maybe 5mm to 10mm (max) but not by much.

Good luck!


I should also add that if you want to go lower than me (im at the highest setting btw) I would go a smaller tire. The lowest you can go before stretching the tire is 225's. Anything lower requires stretching of the tire which I don't like nor recommend but you can get low.
I know they're working on an ST for one of their projects, so I'll see if they can provide more input. Not sure how low I'll end up, but thanks for the input!
__________________
2004 ZX5 SVT - Sold
2013 Oxford White Focus ST (ST2) - FSWerks tuned, Cobb Intake
Hatch Nation #116
Macky21 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #46
Macky21
Focus Addict
 
Macky21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Fan#: 75644
Location: Minneapolis, MN
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White Focus ST

Posts: 612
FF Reputation: 3 Macky21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile30 View Post
Wow! The only cues missing now are the fuel flaps in the rear, the electric kill switch, and a few stickers and tow hooks...

That makes it look so purpose-built! Huzzah!!!

Wish they had a factory spot for a tow hook on these and STs
__________________
2004 ZX5 SVT - Sold
2013 Oxford White Focus ST (ST2) - FSWerks tuned, Cobb Intake
Hatch Nation #116
Macky21 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.